Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by not tyson »

So that equates to pretty much every other rock/metal band that plays at the equivalent venue?

Did they also have someone over the loud speaker telling people not to record like at Allianz Arena?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Tool security is 100% on par with every single other act I've seen anywhere, minus the added emphasis on cell phone recording. Not sure where you get the idea that they're special in terms of friskings.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I agree, see major acts at large venues, expect to be frisked. Been that way for well over a decade.

But I've been to a couple of meet n greets where they went a bit over the top... one where they even enforced no cell phones, copied our fucking driver's licenses and gave us verbal warnings we'd be ejected if we didn't comply. What a party!
Ki77aan :twisted:
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Primus this weekend was a blast! After the close to 4 hour wait this was, without a doubt, a show of a lifetime. The real highlights were just watching these guys have so much fun playing together. At the start of the show one of the stage hands was iFacing, or w/e you kids call it, with Herb on his Iphone. Les walked over and gave him a wave and continued to play. After a few songs Les talked about how Herb was doing and how they had to fill his position. He made a joke about trying to get Van Halen's drummer they had to settle for Danny Carey. During another song Les stopped and said something like "now that's a fucking Danny Carey snare" "Every time he hits that snare my scrotum tightens up" He then challenged Larry to play a solo while focusing on that "thunderous, mountainous, Danny Carey snare". There was a few times when DC messed up and Les made sure to call him out on it, and there was once when Les messed up and DC kinda stood up and pointed at him. All 3 of them seemed very into the music and all had smiles on their faces the whole show. When Les started playing Aenema the whole place erupted and it didnt stop until the end. Here is some photo's and video's I took:

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

You lucky bastard! Glad you enjoyed it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Looks like fun. Would like to see Danny playing, hopefully somebody captured it, but it looks like the lighting made it nearly impossible to see him. Thanks for the clips.

Fun fact: I had it in my head that Les is usually Stage Right, and I know for a fact I've seen him live on that side more than a few times (Primus and Solo/other projects going back to the late 80's)... but randomly checking some YT vids, it's much more common to see him Stage Left as he is above. The more you know.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Here is like 10 seconds i got during the DC drum solo. Would have got longer buy my phone decided to reboot itself.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan wrote:Looks like fun. Would like to see Danny playing, hopefully somebody captured it, but it looks like the lighting made it nearly impossible to see him. Thanks for the clips.

Fun fact: I had it in my head that Les is usually Stage Right, and I know for a fact I've seen him live on that side more than a few times (Primus and Solo/other projects going back to the late 80's)... but randomly checking some YT vids, it's much more common to see him Stage Left as he is above. The more you know.
Wow, that's fascinating.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Wow, that's fascinating.
I'm here solely for your amusement...
Umadbrah? wrote:Here is like 10 seconds i got during the DC drum solo.
Thanks man. I am NOT mad at your phone, just for the record.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

ARTIST KORIN FAUGHT & "GIANTS AMONG US" GROUP SHOW

New work by artist KORIN FAUGHT will be exhibited in the "GIANTS AMONG US" group show at the COREY HELFORD GALLERY on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20th. (see Korin's work in the evite). We hope to see you there!

COREY HELFORD GALLERY-CIRCA
8530-A WASHINGTON BLVD.
CULVER CITY, CA. 90232

MORE

"Giants Among Us" opens this Saturday night at CHG Circa (8530A Washington Blvd. Culver City, CA). You'll see today's Giant depicted as fantasy, as emotion, even as edible. Our artists' personal interpretations of this theme range everywhere from Eric Joyner's fun, epic battle between donut and robot helicopters in "Colossus", to realist painter Sarah Folkman's serene "Fundament". See attached evite for more info and Korin Faught's new work for the exhibit. Previews can be requested at jch@coreyhelfordgallery.com."

lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

My video of Aenema working on a few more
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

This guy had a great view! Too bad the audio sounds like goose farts on a muggy day... but enjoy the visuals

Let's hope somebody captured decent audio and somebody is kind enough to marry the two.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan wrote:Too bad the audio sounds like goose farts on a muggy day...
That perfectly describes Sunn O)))
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

lachrymologist wrote:

haha i was near that guy that held the record up in the air almost the whole show. Thoes were the same guy's who were yelling and screaming COME ON LET'S GO pre-show and during the opener.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Umadbrah? wrote:
lachrymologist wrote:

haha i was near that guy that held the record up in the air almost the whole show. Thoes were the same guy's who were yelling and screaming COME ON LET'S GO pre-show and during the opener.

Ugggggggggh those fucking people. The absolute best way to deal with them if you can swing it, and it's non-violent, is just smoke joint after joint after joint, and make sure at least one of them (the first one) really only gets passed between them. Keep dosing accordingly until they're taking a nap, or at least just standing there silent. Works every time for me.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Umadbrah? wrote:
lachrymologist wrote:

I wasn't mad at you until you posted all of these videos lol. now I be mad as all hell B. YES!! CUBAN B!!!!
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

There's some pretty expensive signed photos of Maynard for sale via Tim Cadiente's website for anyone interested:
This studio image of Maynard James Keenan is being offered for a very limited time in a very limited quantity.

A 19 x 13 Archival pigmented ink print, signed, embossed and numbered by Maynard James Keenan and Tim Cadiente.

Each image will come with a certificate of authenticity and a bonus 13 x 19 image.

This set of 2 archival pigmented ink images for $285.
Free shipping in the U.S / International shipping : $25
http://timcadiente.com/shop/hawkin-time/
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

hellboy wrote:There's some pretty expensive signed photos of Maynard for sale via Tim Cadiente's website for anyone interested:
This studio image of Maynard James Keenan is being offered for a very limited time in a very limited quantity.

A 19 x 13 Archival pigmented ink print, signed, embossed and numbered by Maynard James Keenan and Tim Cadiente.

Each image will come with a certificate of authenticity and a bonus 13 x 19 image.

:lol:
That much money for printed photos!? They don't even tell you how 'limited' they are.
Professor of Lesbian Science
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Just say "no".
basejumper wrote:They don't even tell you how 'limited' they are.
My guess: limited to just those foolish enough to bite.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan wrote:Just say "no".
basejumper wrote:They don't even tell you how 'limited' they are.
My guess: limited to just those foolish enough to bite.
Indeed. It seems like an odd print though - I kinda understand the Grapes of Wrath and baby photo thing, they are works of art regardless of what you think of them. This is just a couple of retouched live photos - I don't see the appeal in throwing this kind of money at them, signed or otherwise.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:There's some pretty expensive signed photos of Maynard for sale via Tim Cadiente's website for anyone interested:

This is starting to get downright fucking stupid. I got over the $500 re-release of a shitty EP, because people seem to actually value that kind of thing.

But this is just blatantly taking advantage of stupid people who have a serious problem coming to terms with their adoration for a musician they've never met.

It's pretty sick, if you really think about it.

Not to mention that the photos in question look pretty stupid as well.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:It's pretty sick, if you really think about it.
Not sure I'd go that far - I don't have a significant issue with stupid people being parted from their money, so long as it isn't fraud or something.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
The Boss wrote:It's pretty sick, if you really think about it.
Not sure I'd go that far - I don't have a significant issue with stupid people being parted from their money, so long as it isn't fraud or something.
That line blurs pretty quickly.

I'd see this, in the extreme, as exploitative.

At best it's taking advantage of hardcore fans who collect and buy anything connected with the man.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Can't fix stupid. If you can't fix em, take their moneys. As long as there is a market for cheesy autographed prints, it's going to get more ridiculous. I mean, Maynard autographs with 1 fucking letter and people eat that shit up.
Last edited by Bill Hilly on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

And from what I've heard, it's questionable whether or not most of his sigs are really his.

Although I would assume on a limited run, like this is supposedly, he would actually sign them himself.

All a moot point for me as I'm not THIS kind of stoopid.