Opiate 21st Anniversary Edition hits the printers

DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

@crow. Thanks for lettimg us know AGAIN that you would never, ever, neverever, ever, never buy this product.

@mogeffinmog

That is easily the most pitiful statement i've ever read on this site. You let other people determine the quality of music you listen to.....also, you wouldn't accept it as a gift...the people in your life must fucking hate you and your awful personality.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

DRURY said
@crow. Thanks for lettimg us know AGAIN that you would never, ever, neverever, ever, never buy this product.

@mogeffinmog

That is easily the most pitiful statement i've ever read on this site. You let other people determine the quality of music you listen to.....also, you wouldn't accept it as a gift...the people in your life must fucking hate you and your awful personality.

^ No you missed the point entirely.  In this INSTANCE, I refuse to give Tool another fucking dime unless they deliver an excellent album.  There are a handful of people here who have opinions that I actually respect.  If they say the album sounds like The Pot all the way through, then I am not interested.  In any other instance, I would investigate for myself.  But for Tool, for an album that is going to take 8+ years to complete, I can't be bothered.

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Problem 8
8 Years in between albums
Re-release of Opiate (new artwork) with possible new tracks and possible live stuff
Possibility of a secret album
Misdirection
Hawaii for inspiration?
Blair sucks he's so good at this...
Pieces of the puzzle seem to fit but we are blinded with the misdirection...?
If anyone pulled off a secret album it more than likely would be TOOL...
Maynards interview with Joe Rogan... spoke of sitting in his "truck" writing to the new tunes... I don't think he was writing for Puscifer because that shit just isn't up to par enough to actually have to think about what's being written...
WTF is going on?
This is all so odd...
Danny hasn't been at The Baked Potato for a while... Justin is a "slave driver" right now.... Adam has been posting alot of cool shit on Instagram... Texas version of a chupacabra...? Entymology... The loft.... Mandala... Coke Machine.... Opiate... Opiate... Opiate... Salival... ???? Hmmm.....
Oh well!
Baseball_TOOL
Maynard Believer

Post by Baseball_TOOL »

mogeffingmog said

DRURY said

@mogeffinmog

^ No you missed the point entirely.  In this INSTANCE, I refuse to give Tool another fucking dime unless they deliver an excellent album.  There are a handful of people here who have opinions that I actually respect.  If they say the album sounds like The Pot all the way through, then I am not interested.  In any other instance, I would investigate for myself.  But for Tool, for an album that is going to take 8+ years to complete, I can't be bothered.

^ man do you honestly think this album is 8 years in the making? Come on now they didn't drop 10,000 days and start writing a new album the next day... 

Some of you people take this shit so personal, do you all even listen to the music or do you all just think about the members of tool and what they are doing and how they do it?

Just remember its about music Not the people making it.....

Peace!

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Baseball_TOOL said

mogeffingmog said

DRURY said

@mogeffinmog

^ man do you honestly think this album is 8 years in the making? Come on now they didn't drop 10,000 days and start writing a new album the next day... 

Some of you people take this shit so personal, do you all even listen to the music or do you all just think about the members of tool and what they are doing and how they do it?

Peace!

No the people that take this shit personal are the ones that flip the fuck out when someone says a Tool song or album sucks or criticizes a band members side project(s).  I don't respect Tool's lack of professionalism.  5 years between albums, okay, not that big of a deal for fairly complex music.  But 7 years?  8 years?  Saying one thing and doing another.  Continually saying you are working on something and are going to hit the studio soon only to see the months and years chip away.

Does Tool owe me anything?  Of course not.  I also owe nothing to Tool either.  They are producing a product, a good for consumption.  I don't like the way they do business anymore.  I don't do business with people who misrepresent themselves and act in an unprofessional manner.  Fairly simple.  There are plenty of quality, professional musicians out there making music that don't need to rely on smoke and mirrors.  I have been through this process with Tool since the beginning.  I am a grown ass man.  Smoke and mirrors, misdirection, none of the shit appeals to me.  If you are going to do something, then do it.  But don't talk about it and pretend to be working diligently when in all reality you are just fucking lazy. 

Tool doesn't give a fuck because they don't have to.  They are all wealthy.  And the second they announce a tour or a horseshit re-release or video for a 7 year old song, the Toolios come crawling out the woodwork like crack fiends needing a hit.  I have given those guys enough cash.  Not giving them another cent until they actually produce something worth buying.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

i think you should call the 'better business bureau' and report them. problem solved ..no reason to complain anymore..right?
go taff!
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Baseball_TOOL said

mogeffingmog said

DRURY said

@mogeffinmog

Peace!

No the people that take this shit personal are the ones that flip the fuck out when someone says a Tool song or album sucks or criticizes a band members side project(s).  I don't respect Tool's lack of professionalism.  5 years between albums, okay, not that big of a deal for fairly complex music.  But 7 years?  8 years?  Saying one thing and doing another.  Continually saying you are working on something and are going to hit the studio soon only to see the months and years chip away. (Danny Carey)

Does Tool owe me anything?  Of course not.  I also owe nothing to Tool either.  They are producing a product, a good for consumption.  I don't like the way they do business anymore.  I don't do business with people who misrepresent themselves and act in an unprofessional manner.  Fairly simple.  There are plenty of quality, professional musicians out there making music that don't need to rely on smoke and mirrors.  I have been through this process with Tool since the beginning.  I am a grown ass man.  Smoke and mirrors, misdirection, none of the shit appeals to me.  If you are going to do something, then do it.  But don't talk about it and pretend to be working diligently when in all reality you are just fucking lazy. 

Tool doesn't give a fuck because they don't have to.  They are all wealthy.  And the second they announce a tour or a horseshit re-release or video for a 7 year old song, the Toolios come crawling out the woodwork like crack fiends needing a hit.  I have given those guys enough cash.  Not giving them another cent until they actually produce something worth buying.

^

The greatest post in relation to Tool ever.  

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

budsyralli said
i think you should call the 'better business bureau' and report them. problem solved ..no reason to complain anymore..right?

Half the fun is in the complaining.  Bitching about things I have absolutely no control over and watching the mayhem such bitching causes gives me a stiffy.  If it wasn't so easy it wouldn't be so appealing. 

I say, Fuck Tool, and people go apeshit. 

I say, Fuck Puscifer, and people go apeshit. 

I say this Opiate re-release is nothing but a cash grab.  Again, apeshit.

It is so easy to ignore a post.  If it didn't bother people, on some strange meta-level, they would just scroll past and find something that does interest them to post about.  They have some sort of insatiable need to DEFEND which I find amusing.

budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

i thought maybe you could actually come up with something clever... your words are old - used news
go taff!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

budsyralli said
i thought maybe you could actually come up with something clever... your words are old - used news

Dunno budsy, Doors seems to approve.  Again you could always ignore me.  Nothing forcing you to respond.  Something about someone talking shit about your favorite band tweeks you a bit.

Back on topic.  One positive thing for you Toolios, I suspect the members here that plan on buying the Opiate re-release will get their copy.  You should all kiss Hellboy's ass for keeping this place up to date.  Many a Tool fan is going to find out about this re-release well after those 5000 copies are sold.

DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Tool's new album is going to be crucified by these so called fans. Can't wait.....
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

DRURY said
Tool's new album is going to be crucified by these so called fans. Can't wait.....

Well, given it's 7-8 maybe 9 years in the making it better deliver otherwise expect backlash. It comes with the territory......
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

DRURY said

My theory is that the reason these bastards are so hateful and bitter is because Tool has evolved past them long ago, and now the music just goes way over their heads. They can't see the bigger picture, which was probably never within their sight in the first place.

Tool is no longer an angry band and these fuckers can no longer expect any new Tool music to fuel their animosity.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Zwerewolf said
Problem 8
8 Years in between albums
Re-release of Opiate (new artwork) with possible new tracks and possible live stuff
Possibility of a secret album
Misdirection
Hawaii for inspiration?
Blair sucks he's so good at this...
Pieces of the puzzle seem to fit but we are blinded with the misdirection...?
If anyone pulled off a secret album it more than likely would be TOOL...
Maynards interview with Joe Rogan... spoke of sitting in his "truck" writing to the new tunes... I don't think he was writing for Puscifer because that shit just isn't up to par enough to actually have to think about what's being written...
WTF is going on?
This is all so odd...
Danny hasn't been at The Baked Potato for a while... Justin is a "slave driver" right now.... Adam has been posting alot of cool shit on Instagram... Texas version of a chupacabra...? Entymology... The loft.... Mandala... Coke Machine.... Opiate... Opiate... Opiate... Salival... ???? Hmmm.....
Oh well!

I know the pieces fit...

budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

children said

DRURY said

My theory is that the reason these bastards are so hateful and bitter is because Tool has evolved past them long ago, and now the music just goes way over their heads. They can't see the bigger picture, which was probably never within their sight in the first place.

Tool is no longer an angry band and these fuckers can no longer expect any new Tool music to fuel their animosity.

+1
go taff!
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Ok so if Maynard covers a Queen song with a band called Puscifer and there's an entymologist hanging out in the loft and the coke machine goes out... then Justin releases an album with a different band that has a vocalist that only sings in his native tongue... that means that 3 problems have occured because there must have been some sort of mites chewing on Maynards sack, the coke machine and Justin's brain... 3 problems plus Danny not being at the baked potato multiplied by 2 pieces of artwork that Adam puts out = 8 problems with the way things are being done by TOOL. Add impatient people that think TOOL owes them something but subtract empathy and you get confusion.... See the part of the formula that's missing is "infinite possiblity"... so the infinite possiblity could be that this release IS a surprise release which would cause said "crack fiends" to go into a panic stricken rampage when this thing drops from the press... Local "RECORD" stores will not know what to do because they'll have teeth flying everywhere in their shop in addition to incomprehensible offers (blow jobs, trade for my shoes, butt fucking, etc...) and scratches of arms and necks and what not because they are fiending and need their fix... Hmmm... but then the possibility of it leaking would make you curious as to who is involved and who would actually be able to keep their mouth shut about something this big just boggles the soul and mind... so... The formula probably looks a little something like a shit storm that hit a crack house run by Mexicans in Texas where a Chupacabra like Texan creature inhabits the land and feeds off the souls of said crack heads.... This just doesn't add up... I'm going to have to re-think this.... Anyone else want to help compile a list of useless shit that can be said by Blair, TOOL or any of us so we can finally get to the bottom of all of this? It would be great to spend our time doing this so we're occupying this moment to the next and so on and so forth as we obviously have nothing better to do until that date that hangs in the balance of which we do not know... Or you could just go eat mushrooms with a few of your besties in a new and beautiful place (make sure there isn't any wildlife that can fuck your world nearby). I luckily have one date in the not so distant future in which I'll be enjoying a How to Destroy Angels live show... right after I leave though I'll still be wondering what Maynard, Adam, Justin and Danny are doing though... At least by then we'll know what the fuck this Opiate release will be.... Thoughts?????
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Don't forget there is an actual thread for you guys to argue about Tool in.  This one is for discussions regarding the Opiate release.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

My comments today have definitely been about the Opiate release as I certainly think there may be something we're overlooking here. However, there are subtle undertones of sarcasm and molotov cocktails of cynicism and crackhead taints... so if in-fact I am overstepping the boundaries of the comments section here Mr. Hellboy please give me a swift kick and let me know and I will certainly abort. FYI readers, a little elbow grease and a bunch of brains together can really make me want to take a shower... or solve a mystery... or have a beer and a cigar... I just thought of a picture I saw that Blair had posted from the loft... I think I saw something in the reflection on the mirror which is on the headstock of the silverburst... I might go back to that photo and re-evaluate my formula there. Anyways... Opiate release... I'm beginning to think it will be worth the purchase. I don't normally purchase albums but that's because most music for purchase through normal channels are albums with singles and the non-singles usually suck. Join me...
Baseball_TOOL
Maynard Believer

Post by Baseball_TOOL »

just remember .... Everything will be ok 

it's coming people .....brace yourself 

TOOL march 26th 

but I've said too much 
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

@Ravenpig - the "Crazy Train" cover and the "Problem 8" possibility I typed was in quotes because it came directly from the same Blair newsletter. Did you not pick up on that?
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Baseball_TOOL said
just remember .... Everything will be ok 

it's coming people .....brace yourself 

TOOL march 26th 

but I've said too much 

It really wouldn't surprise me all that much if they dropped it this month. Nothing is impossible right? Especially when it comes to Tool. It would be fucking hilarious to watch all the Tool haters squirm in the overwhelming positivity, like sunlight to a vampire.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

NYHC81 said
@Ravenpig - the "Crazy Train" cover and the "Problem 8" possibility I typed was in quotes because it came directly from the same Blair newsletter. Did you not pick up on that?

Are you seriously asking me this question?  Did you not read the part where I wrote that half of it came from one of the newsletters?  You know, the whole post?
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

We haven't heard more than a snake fart's worth of news in the past few years that was worth anything and now the rumblings have begun. You would think Tool fans would be more excited and not so impatient and negative. Honestly, most of their songs are about being realistic, positive and patient. There have been more possibilities of touring, material and art in many shapes/forms coming directly from the source as well. This band has done more interviews in the past two months then they have put out (combined) since 2001. Don't get too down, don't even be indifferent, get excited. Fuck that, BE excited. This isn't a Korn blog.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
InFlamesOfBirchmen
My pain is just an excuse

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

mogeffingmog said .    
I say, Fuck Puscifer, and people go apeshit.

They do?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said

NYHC81 said

Are you seriously asking me this question?  Did you not read the part where I wrote that half of it came from one of the newsletters?  You know, the whole post?

Did you read the part where he said it was from the newsletter as well?