Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
joeypants
Goderator

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:Either joeypants is not so good at sarcasm, or he's very good at it...
I'm the foot-fuckin' master...

Also, and this is just my asinine opinion, I feel like 98% of the people who bitch about Joe Baressi's work on 10K Days (specifically with regards to the "clipping" comments) only say that because they saw a visual/graph someone posted somewhere else and take it as gospel. Yes, it has a different sound than previous work, but it still has dynamics and it sounds pretty, pretty... pretty good to my ear. That's all subjective, my questionable-meter starts going off every time "clipping" gets brought up though.
Leo
Bronco's Fan

Post by Leo »

ok, Justin's Birthday! What are your favorites bass lines? Which one you think is simply awesome? ... Personally i think schism intro chords and main riff are his best ones, ear friendly and catchy...like them.... :).

Also his job with the whammy on lateralus rocks!

regards!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Leo wrote:ok, Justin's Birthday! What are your favorites bass lines? Which one you think is simply awesome? ... Personally i think schism intro chords and main riff are his best ones, ear friendly and catchy...like them.... :).

regards!
Favorite Bass Lines? Id have to go with Dyneema Spectra Extreme Braid Fishing Line Bass. Its relatively cheap but still good for the money. Just depends really. If you want a better opinion Id check here : http://www.bassmaster.com/tips/ask-expe ... ould-i-use
Leo
Bronco's Fan

Post by Leo »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Leo wrote:ok, Justin's Birthday! What are your favorites bass lines? Which one you think is simply awesome? ... Personally i think schism intro chords and main riff are his best ones, ear friendly and catchy...like them.... :).

regards!
Favorite Bass Lines? Id have to go with Dyneema Spectra Extreme Braid Fishing Line Bass. Its relatively cheap but still good for the money. Just depends really. If you want a better opinion Id check here : http://www.bassmaster.com/tips/ask-expe ... ould-i-use
haha ok... i meant Bass Tool musical Riffs.... thanks for the heads up anyway! haha....
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

joeypants wrote:
hellboy wrote:Either joeypants is not so good at sarcasm, or he's very good at it...
I'm the foot-fuckin' master...

Also, and this is just my asinine opinion, I feel like 98% of the people who bitch about Joe Baressi's work on 10K Days (specifically with regards to the "clipping" comments) only say that because they saw a visual/graph someone posted somewhere else and take it as gospel. Yes, it has a different sound than previous work, but it still has dynamics and it sounds pretty, pretty... pretty good to my ear. That's all subjective, my questionable-meter starts going off every time "clipping" gets brought up though.
I've never heard anyone else specifically mention the clipping, but the volume levels on 10,000 Days are way cranked. The guitars especially are jammed right up front. I'm just not fond of the mix at all. It just seems less balanced than Lateralus and to a lesser extent, Aenima.

I've heard some of Baressi's other work with Chevelle and he does tend to have that in your face sort of style. It might work for some people and some bands but it's not my preference. They're the professionals so if they believe he's the best guy for the job, more than likely they're right.

I just like what I like. :o
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Tool probably heard that Chevelle album and decided to steal their style.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

joeypants wrote: Also, and this is just my asinine opinion, I feel like 98% of the people who bitch about Joe Baressi's work on 10K Days (specifically with regards to the "clipping" comments) only say that because they saw a visual/graph someone posted somewhere else and take it as gospel. Yes, it has a different sound than previous work, but it still has dynamics and it sounds pretty, pretty... pretty good to my ear. That's all subjective, my questionable-meter starts going off every time "clipping" gets brought up though.
I agree, I can appreciate the technical concerns that some may have, but I can't say I've ever once listened to 10K Days and thought "man I can really hear it clipping". I don't think 10k Days is their best sounding album at all, nor is it a terrible sounding one. I wouldn't be bothered if Baressi were used again.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

not tyson wrote:Tool probably heard that Chevelle album and decided to steal their style.
That Chevelle album came out in 2011.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Loulz

You guys are the bee's knees.
Hey! Denty!
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

I think Chevelle used Baressi on their latest album as well that was released this year too.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
not tyson wrote:Tool probably heard that Chevelle album and decided to steal their style.
That Chevelle album came out in 2011.
Thanks Captain Autism
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Haha. Charlie Babbitt made a joke.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Hurry up fuckers!!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

BlackHole83 wrote:Hurry up fuckers!!
Has that worked in the past?
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Calfium Jay wrote:Opiate video will be a part of the Salival 2 package. Don't be surprised - we all know it's coming.....
I agree with this, I think just a video release and nothing more would fuck people off a bit. Hopefully it all happens sooner rather than later....
Be good to each other.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Ettan wrote:There two sides in the comment section, the ones that complain about the delay and the ones complaining about those who complain about the delay. And the obligatory "come to brazil!" comments.
I think the funniest ones are the people who say "Real TOOL fans would be happy waiting for mind blowing music..." Or "Would you rather them rush and release junk or that they take their time and release a masterpiece" Or "Have you heard the song Hooker with a penis...."

I actually get a bit of a laugh reading the comments on Tool posts on FB because there are some special individuals out there in the FBland...
Be good to each other.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

We're getting off track here, take it to the grudge.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

What Tyson said. If you want to discuss Tool sensibly, stay here.

If you want to bitch, complain, troll or flame Tool then head over to The Grudge: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=194
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

PimPle wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:Opiate video will be a part of the Salival 2 package. Don't be surprised - we all know it's coming.....
I agree with this, I think just a video release and nothing more would fuck people off a bit. Hopefully it all happens sooner rather than later....
Yeah man, TOOL would never do anything to "fuck people off".
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Good for you, pulling me up on that...

Interesting that this has resurfaced...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJUL-lF ... 4uz_z5LZmA
Be good to each other.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Maybe he or she decided to re-upload it again cuz it's been a while since the tour. And good god he's a bad speaker. uhm. uh. uh uh uh uhm.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

For someone who isn't a public speaker, he did just fine. I'd like to see you in a similar situation.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Actually, one of my strengths are public speaking.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Whatever. It's still a good listen and i'm glad it got out again.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Ettan wrote:Actually, one of my strengths are public speaking.
Me too, I lectured chemistry for 2 years at University, which equated to about 80 hours flight time... Adam did a good job but the umming and and arghing is him watching what he says to a rabbid audience....
Be good to each other.