The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

mogeffingmog said

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said 

When you see bullshit, call it, as often as possible.

I understand the need to call out bullshit, I do it with you all the time.  Not sure what calling Tool lazy every second post you make achieves though.  It's not like people aren't aware of this, it's just that most don't care.

Most?  Oh I suppose when speaking of the general public, certainly.  But around here, there are many people fed up with Tool's bullshit.  Don't be salty about me being right all along.  The band you so dearly love has become a bunch of lazy fucks, living off the success of four albums over a 20 year period.  A rather pitiful output when you think about it.  They don't give a shit, because they know most of their fans are just like children, chomping at the bit for any little morsel they toss out.  So many of you constantly making excuses.  Constantly defending your beloved band.  The more rabid fan base is little more than a swarming group of blind apologists.

Tool has quite a bit left to prove.  This final album will make or break their legacy, in my mind, after all the delay and all the bullshit.  So far, step one, Opiate re-release as a "special thank you to the fans" is a colossal failure.  One can only hope they can find that old magic in the studio, whenever they get done "relaxing" and start recording.

So you're saying that if you had the chance to be in there shoes, you would turn it down? I think not.

You say Tool are always money-grabbing and taking advantage of their fans, when in reality they have taken the high road and decided to receive less money for more artistic freedom in order to produce quality music.

If you were them you would use the fan base for your own personal gain every step of the way and squeeze every cent out of the system as you could. You would release a shitty album every year purely for the cash and not give a fuck if the music was good, all while being far more lazier and a bigger douche than Maynard ever was. But you could never be in a band with their status because that would require you to be a respectable person. Your jealousy is pathetic. How hypocritical can you be?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said 
Most?  Oh I suppose when speaking of the general public, certainly.  But around here, there are many people fed up with Tool's bullshit.  Don't be salty about me being right all along.  The band you so dearly love has become a bunch of lazy fucks, living off the success of four albums over a 20 year period.  A rather pitiful output when you think about it.  They don't give a shit, because they know most of their fans are just like children, chomping at the bit for any little morsel they toss out.  So many of you constantly making excuses.  Constantly defending your beloved band.  The more rabid fan base is little more than a swarming group of blind apologists.

Tool has quite a bit left to prove.  This final album will make or break their legacy, in my mind, after all the delay and all the bullshit.  So far, step one, Opiate re-release as a "special thank you to the fans" is a colossal failure.  One can only hope they can find that old magic in the studio, whenever they get done "relaxing" and start recording.

Yes, most is correct.  I'm not salty at all about you being "right".  I've never denied that they are lazy.  As pointed out, I just don't care - the band can do whatever the fuck they like as far as I'm concerned.  The took a lazy five and six years before releasing their other albums - I never gave a shit then, and I don't now.   I think the majority of the readers on this site would agree with that statement.  I don't always agree with their decisions, but when they do make ones I consider to be poor I don't really see any point dwelling on them.  

Do I think Opiate is a disappointment?  I've pretty much said that I do, and I'm not sure that I've offered up any excuses to defend it.  Will it stop me buying it?  Probably not - I'll decide when we actually get some firm details on it's cost.

For someone who is trying to distance themselves from being a "rabid fan" you constant rants certainly indicate otherwise.  Really, if you were so ambivalent towards them why would you keep posting incessantly?  You think you're making some kind of difference in the eyes of other fans?  Changing peoples opinions?  Your posts are an annoyance, and nothing more.  I bet no one has read one of your posts and thought "you know what: Mog is right - Tool really are lazy and I should stop giving a fuck about them". 

Does it really matter they've only released 4 albums in 20 years?  I bet no one here has lost any sleep over that fact, yet you harp on about it like it's some black mark on their legacy.  Do you really think in 50 years time people will consider Tool a shitty band because they released albums slowly?  Do you think the album will be reviewed any differently because it's "late" like somehow Tool is the only band to have ever done this?

You know what - I'm proud to be a Tool fan.  I'm happy to stand up and defend other Tool fans who have done nothing more than support what they love.  I'm happy to hand over money to the band that has given me so much enjoyment over the years.  Truth be told I've spent probably $2000 on Tool tickets, albums, merchandise and to be honest that doesn't come close to representing the value they have offered to my life.  I have no doubt there are many fans that have spent significantly more on them than that.  Until such time as Tool start delivering shitty products, I will continue to support them.

Mog, you show such passion for other bands you love, and this side of you I have a deep respect for regardless of what my personal opinion of those bands are.  I hope you keep that positivity flowing.  

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

And to those of you worried about Opiate being a cash grab, let me clear - of course it is.  So is every album, t-shirt, concert ticket and any other item they release.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

children said

mogeffingmog said

children said

mogeffingmog said

hellboy1975 said
I have a nephew that complains at every opportunity.  No matter what the circumstances the negative comes out again and again.  We all know how he feels, and there's nothing no one can do about it, but it tends to drag down a whole range of things.  I wish he'd shut the fuck up.

Nothing "anyone" can do about it.  I know you aussies are a bit slow when it comes to proper grammar.  Your nephew sounds like a cool fucking kid.  Smart too.  When you see bullshit, call it, as often as possible.

I have a friend who I chat with sometimes, and he is a fun person to chat with.  Quick wit.  Quality fella.  But when this dude hangs out at a certain forum, for some strange reason he get's all crabby.  Man it's a shame the dude from chat isn't always around.  He is a blast.

YOU'RE FUCKING SCUM!

You should have went with something more intelligent, like bastard.  Scum is a bit bland.  Try it again, I promise after you post it you will feel right as rain.

I used bastard yesterday. Plus, i like scum better; it suits you perfectly.

I honestly think you all need to die. I can't fucking stand faggots like you parading around fourtheye thinking you can just get on and post whatever the fuck you guys want. This is a TOOL board. For TOOL FANS. This isn't TOOL, no matter how you see it this is in no way related to TOOL. You do realize there's a board that actually talks about this stuff...right? It's called 4chan. I suggest you get your asses over there and make a thread instead of putting this stupid shit on a board that obviously doesn't want this shit on here. For crying out loud I'm sick to death with this stupid shit. Why won't the mods do anything about it? Oh yeah, that's right, because the mods are a bunch of fucking retards like you lot in here. So it's time to fuck off you faggots, nobody wants your retarded shit on this board and I hope to God that somebody tracks down all of you and mutilates you in the most painful way possible for doing shit like this. Do you think you're better than everyone else by doing this shit? Do you think you're the BOSS or some shit like that? Because you're not. In fact, you're the opposite. You're a bunch of little nerdy losers talking about some irrelevant shit on an internet board. Everyone is sick to death of people like you just waltzing in with your tiny dicks, masturbating at other people act like stupid retards on a moronic website that has no value to it. You are all a fucking stain on society. There, I said it. You need to fucking leave, I'm so fucking pissed off at this shit and how the mods aren't dealing with this obvious non-TOOL related content. You know, it feels so fucking good after I realize how much better I am than all of you. It makes me feel on top of the world while you pests flock to shitty threads like this like a fly to a huge log of shit. So it's time to fuck off you fuckbags, it's obviously time to go.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

children said
So you're saying that if you had the chance to be in there shoes, you would turn it down? I think not.

Would I turn down millions of dollars?  Certainly not.  I could help all the people in my world that I care about.  However, if I had the amount of talent those guys do, I would absolutely have released a few more albums.  More importantly, I would never bullshit the fans.  There would be no smoke and mirrors.  If I was going to re-release an old album I would make it available to everyone.  If I wanted to thank the fans I might do something like, I dunno, release an unreleased track, or some demos, something, particularly if I knew it was going to take an abnormally long time between releases.  I would be honest with the fans about where I was in my song writing process.  In other words, I would act quite a bit like Steven Wilson.  Professional, humble, and dedicated to my art.

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

children said

mogeffingmog said

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said 

I understand the need to call out bullshit, I do it with you all the time.  Not sure what calling Tool lazy every second post you make achieves though.  It's not like people aren't aware of this, it's just that most don't care.

You say Tool are always money-grabbing and taking advantage of their fans, when in reality they have taken the high road and decided to receive less money for more artistic freedom in order to produce quality music.

If you were them you would use the fan base for your own personal gain every step of the way and squeeze every cent out of the system as you could. You would release a shitty album every year purely for the cash and not give a fuck if the music was good, all while being far more lazier and a bigger douche than Maynard ever was. But you could never be in a band with their status because that would require you to be a respectable person. Your jealousy is pathetic. How hypocritical can you be?

I don't think you can call someone hypocritical if their supposed actions that make them hypocritical are based on your assumptions. I hate to keep taking sides against you, but seriously dude, you need to take people less serious. Tool haven't always been money-grabbing. True, they took the so-called high road and took less money. Look how that turned out, they be rolling in hella-dough.

Do you think it still applies? Yeah? Cool. No? Cool.

Chill out and move on. No need to keep freaking out over moggle's posts. He clearly doesn't give a fuck, why should you?

~~~~

On topic now:

That interview with lazy bones Jones kinda softened me up a bit. Poor fucker's been dealing with some personal shit. Kinda know how he feels, bitches be cray. He's got a new woman now, shes a babe. Now that they've relaxed for a couple years (calm down, I know they've been busy), they can FINISH THE DAMN ALBUM so they can take my money. Fuck. They better hurry too, Jimmy's voice isn't gonna last forever. Either is his willingness to work on a new album with those assholes. heh heh.

SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said

children said

mogeffingmog said

children said

mogeffingmog said

hellboy1975 said
I have a nephew that complains at every opportunity.  No matter what the circumstances the negative comes out again and again.  We all know how he feels, and there's nothing no one can do about it, but it tends to drag down a whole range of things.  I wish he'd shut the fuck up.

Nothing "anyone" can do about it.  I know you aussies are a bit slow when it comes to proper grammar.  Your nephew sounds like a cool fucking kid.  Smart too.  When you see bullshit, call it, as often as possible.

I have a friend who I chat with sometimes, and he is a fun person to chat with.  Quick wit.  Quality fella.  But when this dude hangs out at a certain forum, for some strange reason he get's all crabby.  Man it's a shame the dude from chat isn't always around.  He is a blast.

YOU'RE FUCKING SCUM!

You should have went with something more intelligent, like bastard.  Scum is a bit bland.  Try it again, I promise after you post it you will feel right as rain.

I used bastard yesterday. Plus, i like scum better; it suits you perfectly.

I honestly think you all need to die. I can't fucking stand faggots like you parading around fourtheye thinking you can just get on and post whatever the fuck you guys want. This is a TOOL board. For TOOL FANS. This isn't TOOL, no matter how you see it this is in no way related to TOOL. You do realize there's a board that actually talks about this stuff...right? It's called 4chan. I suggest you get your asses over there and make a thread instead of putting this stupid shit on a board that obviously doesn't want this shit on here. For crying out loud I'm sick to death with this stupid shit. Why won't the mods do anything about it? Oh yeah, that's right, because the mods are a bunch of fucking retards like you lot in here. So it's time to fuck off you faggots, nobody wants your retarded shit on this board and I hope to God that somebody tracks down all of you and mutilates you in the most painful way possible for doing shit like this. Do you think you're better than everyone else by doing this shit? Do you think you're the BOSS or some shit like that? Because you're not. In fact, you're the opposite. You're a bunch of little nerdy losers talking about some irrelevant shit on an internet board. Everyone is sick to death of people like you just waltzing in with your tiny dicks, masturbating at other people act like stupid retards on a moronic website that has no value to it. You are all a fucking stain on society. There, I said it. You need to fucking leave, I'm so fucking pissed off at this shit and how the mods aren't dealing with this obvious non-TOOL related content. You know, it feels so fucking good after I realize how much better I am than all of you. It makes me feel on top of the world while you pests flock to shitty threads like this like a fly to a huge log of shit. So it's time to fuck off you fuckbags, it's obviously time to go.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said
Yes, most is correct.  I'm not salty at all about you being "right".  I've never denied that they are lazy.  As pointed out, I just don't care - the band can do whatever the fuck they like as far as I'm concerned.  The took a lazy five and six years before releasing their other albums - I never gave a shit then, and I don't now.   I think the majority of the readers on this site would agree with that statement.  I don't always agree with their decisions, but when they do make ones I consider to be poor I don't really see any point dwelling on them.  

Do I think Opiate is a disappointment?  I've pretty much said that I do, and I'm not sure that I've offered up any excuses to defend it.  Will it stop me buying it?  Probably not - I'll decide when we actually get some firm details on it's cost.

For someone who is trying to distance themselves from being a "rabid fan" you constant rants certainly indicate otherwise.  Really, if you were so ambivalent towards them why would you keep posting incessantly?  You think you're making some kind of difference in the eyes of other fans?  Changing peoples opinions?  Your posts are an annoyance, and nothing more.  I bet no one has read one of your posts and thought "you know what: Mog is right - Tool really are lazy and I should stop giving a fuck about them". 

Does it really matter they've only released 4 albums in 20 years?  I bet no one here has lost any sleep over that fact, yet you harp on about it like it's some black mark on their legacy.  Do you really think in 50 years time people will consider Tool a shitty band because they released albums slowly?  Do you think the album will be reviewed any differently because it's "late" like somehow Tool is the only band to have ever done this?

You know what - I'm proud to be a Tool fan.  I'm happy to stand up and defend other Tool fans who have done nothing more than support what they love.  I'm happy to hand over money to the band that has given me so much enjoyment over the years.  Truth be told I've spent probably $2000 on Tool tickets, albums, merchandise and to be honest that doesn't come close to representing the value they have offered to my life.  I have no doubt there are many fans that have spent significantly more on them than that.  Until such time as Tool start delivering shitty products, I will continue to support them.

Mog, you show such passion for other bands you love, and this side of you I have a deep respect for regardless of what my personal opinion of those bands are.  I hope you keep that positivity flowing.  

A number of points to hit here. 

1. Couldn't give a shit whether or not my opinion on any subject has any impact on anyone.  While there are a few genuine idiots on this forum, the majority are fairly intelligent and fully capable of forming their own opinions.

2. I like playing games.  Chaos is fun.  Analyzing reactions is fascinating.  Tweeking people is part of the forum experience.  This is a good forum, since there are others that enjoy playing games as well.  In general, people are far too sensitive.

3. Obviously I am a fan of Tool's music, but over the last three years, I have found myself more and more disenchanted with the band.  And so I call out bullshit when I see it.  And quite honestly, almost everything coming from the Tool camp lately has been bullshit.

4. I have spent just as much money as you over the years on Tool.  Albums, merch, concerts, etc.  Like you, I have been at this since the beginning.  Tool has played an interesting part in my life.  They owe me nothing.  However, I don't blindly worship them like MANY others do.  They have become a fairly unprofessional outfit over the last three or four years.  As I have said, they don't deserve fans like yourself and BKGG.  IMO, they need to earn those kind of fans back by delivering something significant and by being more forthcoming.

5. See Number 2

6. I enjoy being right.  And in this, I was correct.  I never assumed that would change anyone's opinion, although I have to say on a number of occasion's I have been told my analysis on the current situation is spot on.  At the end of the day though, I don't care whether others think I am right or wrong, nor am I trying to turn Tool fans away from the band.  Again, in large part, see Number 2.

6. Obviously you are genuinely tweeked out over this.  And because I do like you when you are not PMSing, I will stay out of all Tool threads completely, even if the intent is simply genuine debate.

That work for you?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

mogeffingmog said

children said

Would I turn down millions of dollars?  Certainly not.  I could help all the people in my world that I care about.  However, if I had the amount of talent those guys do, I would absolutely have released a few more albums.  More importantly, I would never bullshit the fans.  There would be no smoke and mirrors.  If I was going to re-release an old album I would make it available to everyone.  If I wanted to thank the fans I might do something like, I dunno, release an unreleased track, or some demos, something, particularly if I knew it was going to take an abnormally long time between releases.  I would be honest with the fans about where I was in my song writing process.  In other words, I would act quite a bit like Steven Wilson.  Professional, humble, and dedicated to my art.

It is easier when you are an individual musician. Steven Wilson doesn't have to deal with the politics that Tool does.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

children said

mogeffingmog said

children said

It is easier when you are an individual musician. Steven Wilson doesn't have to deal with the politics that Tool does.

What is your purpose exactly?  Do you not get that I don't give a shit about what you have to say on anything?  I am humoring you, and amusing myself, by even responding to anything you post.  Tool could shit on your face, literally, and you would thank them for it and ask for more.  Hey if that does it for you, so be it.  Do we honestly have anything left to say to each other?

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said 
A number of points to hit here. 

1. Couldn't give a shit whether or not my opinion on any subject has any impact on anyone.  While there are a few genuine idiots on this forum, the majority are fairly intelligent and fully capable of forming their own opinions.

If you don't give a shit, then why keep going on about it?  Oh I see, point 2

2. I like playing games.  Chaos is fun.  Analyzing reactions is fascinating.  Tweeking people is part of the forum experience.  This is a good forum, since there are others that enjoy playing games as well.  In general, people are far too sensitive.

We all enjoy playing games, and some are too sensitive to the matter.  From a point of view of trying to run a forum, chaos is no fun at all.  If you want chaos please go else where, or as we are doing, keep it to threads like this.

3. Obviously I am a fan of Tool's music, but over the last three years, I have found myself more and more disenchanted with the band.  And so I call out bullshit when I see it.  And quite honestly, almost everything coming from the Tool camp lately has been bullshit.

Let's define bullshit as a term.  to me it essentially means the band has been lying.  Is this also your interpretation?

4. I have spent just as much money as you over the years on Tool.  Albums, merch, concerts, etc.  Like you, I have been at this since the beginning.  Tool has played an interesting part in my life.  They owe me nothing.  

The way you act doesn't suggest this at all.  When you talk about them "bullshitting" you, it's like you are actually expecting something.  If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

6. I enjoy being right.  And in this, I was correct.  I never assumed that would change anyone's opinion, although I have to say on a number of occasion's I have been told my analysis on the current situation is spot on.  

Is it also your opinion that the sky is blue?  Congratulations.

6. Obviously you are genuinely tweeked out over this.  And because I do like you when you are not PMSing, I will stay out of all Tool threads completely, even if the intent is simply genuine debate.

That work for you?

No.  Firstly it should be point #7, and secondly I don't want you to bug out of threads.  I'd just ban you if that were the case.  Debate and opinions are fine, it's just my believe that you'd made your point often enough that I no longer feel the need to see it posted on every thread on Fourtheye.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I fucking hate Tool and their lazy, laid back attitude.  But you know what I love?  I love lamp.
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

markuspoop said
I fucking hate Tool and their lazy, laid back attitude.  But you know what I love?  I love lamp.

Then you'll be happy to know Fourtheye runs on LAMP server.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

markuspoop said

Well, I love chair.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Oh, what if you left a voice/sound recorder in the woods and then went home?  Come back a few hours later and play back the recording of a tree falling down.  No one was there but the sound of a tree falling certainly occured and was, thusly, recorded.

p.s.  fuck Tool.
I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

*Self Edit for being Petty*

Okay.  Moving on.

Tool is lazy
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Calling out bullshit on an internet message board = fucking pure awesomeness.

Tool taking 6,7,8 (how long is it now?) years to put out a handful of songs, some segues, and some arts-fartsy doodles inside the album jacket = fucking pure laziness from 4 guys who don't deserve dick.
I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

toolphishdhs said

mogeffingmog said

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said 

YES!!!, FUCKING RIGHT. AJ's article is basically a confirmation that Tool is the laziest major band in the history of music. So if they release when it is "up to par" for them it will be far longer than 2014. im not holding hope for anything until maybe november or december of 2014 but more likely 2015. Keep sucking those dicks down, all that semen will be good for you fanbois and fangirls on here. LAZIEST BAND FUCKING EVER.

^ Tell em phiser ^  Bunch of rich, egotistical, money grubbing whores!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

markuspoop said
Calling out bullshit on an internet message board = fucking pure awesomeness.

Tool taking 6,7,8 (how long is it now?) years to put out a handful of songs, some segues, and some arts-fartsy doodles inside the album jacket = fucking pure laziness from 4 guys who don't deserve dick.

^ I see what you did there.  Yur a fart smeller, uh, smart feller, old yeller?

Go O's!!!

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

mogeffingmog said

children said

mogeffingmog said

children said

What is your purpose exactly?  Do you not get that I don't give a shit about what you have to say on anything?  I am humoring you, and amusing myself, by even responding to anything you post.  Tool could shit on your face, literally, and you would thank them for it and ask for more.  Hey if that does it for you, so be it.  Do we honestly have anything left to say to each other?

You think i don't know that? Like that's going to stop me from posting anyway. "Oh no, Mog doesn't care about what i have to say. I guess i no longer have a reason to use this forum." You really are an egotistical prick, aren't you?

Life doesn't always work out the way you wanted it to. Shit happens. Maybe in your little world, everything works out perfectly, but some people may not be as fortunate as you.

If you were a member of Tool you would be the dictator trying to control everything, and the band would have broken up long ago. The reason Tool is so successful and currently writing a record is due to compromise. It isn't one guy making every decision; it's four guys putting their minds and hearts together to achieve something that could not be done individually. That takes a lot of work and a lot of time, and in order to balance that out, it takes a lot of relaxation as well. Art cannot be born through stress; it requires a certain mindset. No matter how many times you say that art is no excuse, it doesn't make it true.

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

You know, I think we should create a bromance thread just for those two. They clearly like each other.
SteveBobSteve