Adam explains the Opiate 21st Anniversary re-issue

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

you all have lost your god damn minds, i tell ya...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

"were past it now, everyones recovered" sounds like they all had to go to rehab after an epic LSD binge in the loft. Maybe that had something to do with danny crashing his scooter
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

maybe this other tragedy is when Adam found out that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin will not be appearing at Wrestlemania this year.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineEier said

Tyson said
That golden ticket prize is pretty fucking lame if there is only 5 of them.

It's pretty fucking lame that they don't even know what they're going to give people who get one.

More so this.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

ilikecheese said

joeypants said
Pretty sure I can guess what that is based on a few things, and if it's that, it should stay private unless they want people to know.

thanks dude....awesome...

Ok look, they already pretty much nailed it a page or so back.

Two of the members (and no one should say or guess at who, don't be a gossipy prick) made a little chud-baby, and another member (might have been the singer, maybe not) became irate to the point of leaving the band because they were of the understanding that this sort of conduct was strictly not allowed per the original agreement. Sounds like they worked it out though.

Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

All im sayin is I know but I cant say what or who or how is involved ok?

Im very clear about that!!
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Tyson said
That golden ticket prize is pretty fucking lame if there is only 5 of them.

I'll have to agree that them not knowing what the prize is going to be yet is pretty damn lame but I'll also have to say that's an indicator showing how tied up they really are with this writing business. As for the golden tickets themselves... it's kind of cool that there are only 5. I think if they released too many of them it wouldn't be special at all... Side Note: Anyone else notice the two posts that are close together on the toolband site that state MTVoid's album is shipping free now? Definitely trying to pushit so I'll say it's not selling very well. I was going to buy one myself initially but their stupid website wouldn't let me order it in the beginning. Then I decided against it after hearing songs on youtube. Not saying justins parts are bad but listening to vocals in another language just doesn't do anything for me. On the newer post about shipping... good luck finding anyone in Oklahoma with a computer that can actually even access the internet... Wonder if the Opiate re-release will have issues with ordering as well? I'll assume so....
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

what about the bug guy?  maybe the bug problem was detremental to the loft?
go taff!
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

It was def the bug guy.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Their personal lives are of no concern to me.  Just make the music and do your job.
boom.box
Maynard Believer

Post by boom.box »

ex wives, cheating, and babies?

can't wait for the made-for-tv movie
Lateralus987
Maynard Believer

Post by Lateralus987 »

I wanna know what the problems were, screw being politically correct, did this band break up at some point?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Lateralus987 said
I wanna know what the problems were, screw being politically correct, did this band break up at some point?

Adam made a point of saying in the interview that he's proud that they're one of two bands from their era to not break up or break up and get back together, so no.

Also, they've toured every year since 10,000 Days came out, so I'd doubt it.

I'd guess whatever the second thing is might perhaps be something that happened to an individual member.

Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's kinda ridiculous that Revolver can be allowed to publish an Adam Jones interview, yet Blair is still waiting for permission to publish the one he did with Adam on the same day.  Really tells you something about the bands connection to Blair & the website.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Blair and the band and the code of lazy (excuse me, "gentlemanly leisure") are like this. You can't see it, but I just clasped two hands/fingers/things together to indicate "tightness."
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

joeypants said

Blair and the band and the code of lazy (excuse me, "gentlemanly leisure") are like this. You can't see it, but I just clasped two hands/fingers/things together to indicate "tightness."

I saw it.
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

hellboy1975 said
It's kinda ridiculous that Revolver can be allowed to publish an Adam Jones interview, yet Blair is still waiting for permission to publish the one he did with Adam on the same day.  Really tells you something about the bands connection to Blair & the website.

But wouldn't interviewing Adam imply permission?

"Hey Adam can I interview you?"

"Sure but I'll decide later if you can print it"

"What the fuck?"

"Just do it, mushroom"

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said

hellboy1975 said

But wouldn't interviewing Adam imply permission?

I agree, though I expect most bands that size "approve" any interview that is to be published.  Why they feel the need to do this for their own webmaster I'm not sure, unless something Adam discussed in the interview is something that needs to be run past other members of the band.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

boom.box said
ex wives, cheating, and babies?

can't wait for the made-for-tv movie

Wonder if the band will maybe be appearing on Jerry Springer sometime soon?

I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Maybe part of it was the indecision on the details of the Golden Snarkle prize?

Who the fuck knows?  Wow, we are really reaching for shit now, aren't we?  

Can't wait until they throw us another bone.  Woof.
Ki77aan :twisted:
smithersSOCAL
Bronco's Fan

Post by smithersSOCAL »

fascinating read. it's nice to have actual news from the source. it's telling that they (AJ) are more involved in the business side of things. any guesses from folks as to what the opiate reissue will cost?

I hope the issues noted were nothing of the health variety because that would really suck.

on a side note I recently saw meshuggah here in LA. there was this rowdy group standing next to my friends and I. they were cool and clearly digging the show as we were. show is over... it was Danny and his posse. said a quick hello.... nicest most gracious guy ever.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

The general vibe I get from that interview is that the band are in no hurry to finish the album. If the writing process were (finally) nearing an end you'd think he would at least have alluded to that fact (as in....it's been a lengthy writing process but we're glad to be finally nearing an end to it).

Definitely no new album for at least the next twelve months.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

I feel like getting upset for no reason at the hearing of this revelation.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Opiate kicks fucking ass. Fuck tha haters bitches.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

DRURY said
Opiate kicks fucking ass. Fuck tha haters bitches.

Fuckin' A right, motherfucker