Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Specter »

..time signature of the beast
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Toolarhive.tumlr.com posted this pic and claims it is from 2/5/15. Does anyone know anything about this? I have not found any more info on this researching all my usual places.

the songs sound like some crazy Puscifer nonsense, if that's what they did then it's a complete waste of time/talent.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ravenpig wrote:
On a side note, now all of a sudden Danny has some side band stuff going and according to the Instagram post the other day Puscifer is up to something. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who finds that odd.
agreed... it is a little odd. The puscifer thing is what gets me.

Danny doing other music ventures doesnt surprise me, that guy is constantly busy with music/performing. Shit the guy is at the Baked Potato 8 days a week. But Maynard doing music that ISNT tool does strike me as odd.. could mean a few things:

1. Adam and the band are still working on music, thus maynard isnt invovled 100% yet.
2. The Tool album is complete.

Im going to go with 1.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote: But Maynard doing music that ISNT tool does strike me as odd.. could mean a few things:
I doesn't seem strange to me at all. Maynard mostly lives in a bubble where he does what he wants. Unless Puscifer are about to hit the touring cycle once more, I don't think it's likely to have a huge impact on the Tool album.

None of this fills me with confidence that the Tool album will be done any time soon though.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Even Blair admitted that Maynard has been involved in the writing process now for some time.

Wouldn't surprise me if Maynard were doing both Tool and Puscifer at the same time.

But like Hellboy, I'm not expecting any uplifting Tool album news any time in the near future.....

So I guess another year, another year without new Tool music.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Calfium Jay wrote:Even Blair admitted that Maynard has been involved in the writing process now for some time.

Wouldn't surprise me if Maynard were doing both Tool and Puscifer at the same time.

But like Hellboy, I'm not expecting any uplifting Tool album news any time in the near future.....

That's what you're saying on THIS site. What are you saying on OTHER sites? :lol:
Ki77aan :twisted:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Naattik wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:Even Blair admitted that Maynard has been involved in the writing process now for some time.

That's what you're saying on THIS site. What are you saying on OTHER sites? :lol:
*like*
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Posting nude selfies.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

Not sure if this means anything is coming up...

"Faint impressions perceived while scrying on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 e.v. that involved the members of Tool, although unable to provide detailed information due to soporific side-effects... or maybe my "Almuchefi" wasn't adequately blank?.."

Last time Almuchefi was mentioned seems to be the February 07 newsletter about danny being injured and possibly rescheduling a tour and the city of san antonio.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

That might be the most Blairiest post that Blair ever Blaired.
Hey! Denty!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Alittlevil wrote:Not sure if this means anything is coming up...

"Faint impressions perceived while scrying on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 e.v. that involved the members of Tool, although unable to provide detailed information due to soporific side-effects... or maybe my "Almuchefi" wasn't adequately blank?.."

Last time Almuchefi was mentioned seems to be the February 07 newsletter about danny being injured and possibly rescheduling a tour and the city of san antonio.
An "Almuchefi" is simply a mirror used when scrying, instead of the more commonly used crystal ball.

No doubt, something is happening. However significant or insignificant that something is, remains to be seen.

My guess is that they're gearing up for studio time, which would still surprise me at this point.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Guy on reddit seems to think there will be a APC/Failure/Puscifer tour sometime this year:
I happen to be in-the-know for U.S. music tours. APC/Puscifur/Failure are planning a tour version of Maynard's Cinquanta show for 2015.
He offers nothing to back up his allegation though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Personally, I'm not convinced, since I'd expect Failure would want to do their own thing once they release their new album.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I would think if that was gonna happen it'd be announced by now. There isn't much time left before May Jay goes full time grapes again.

Unless it's one of those really short tours, I guess.

But as you said it really wouldn't make sense for Failure to do this.

On another note, if this is actually true then something is really off in the Tool camp, no?
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Maybe Maynard entrusts his wife with the plantation if studio time is imminent. The tipping point that something is really off in the Tool camp happened a couple years ago.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The tour itself wouldn't be a huge surprise to be honest. Nothing really surprises me in regards to the bands various side projects doing stuff. I still feel like the Tool album is going to be delayed until 2015, mostly due to Danny having a kid - I doubt he's all that keen to be out promoting and touring a new album in the second half of this year. I still think it's a good chance they'll record this year, but I'd be a little surprised if there was a release of the new album.

Maynard doing another sojourn with APC/Puscifer probably wouldn't have a huge impact on this timeline.
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

Bill Hilly wrote:Maybe Maynard entrusts his wife with the plantation if studio time is imminent. The tipping point that something is really off in the Tool camp happened a couple years ago.
I couldnt agree more with the tipping point comment. all is not well in the Tool camp and hasnt been some time i've feared. Of course i have no actual facts to back this up, just gut instinct....

I remain hopeful of being proven wrong...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The reason I say that now is because its common knowledge that they have been working on it, even with May Jay. Other than Cinquanta there has been zip zilch zero from the side bands lately.

Then out of nowhere Danny has side stuff and now this rumored (though I think its false) tour.

I guess I meant "off" as in this part of the process.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I hear you RP, but the only thing I see in that picture with Hinds is the white board in the background.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

it looks like they're actually in a good groove right now, that's usually when the paint peels and some wild creature tries to kill them.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:it looks like they're actually in a good groove right now, that's usually when the paint peels and some wild creature tries to kill them.
Hell yeah!

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Bill Hilly wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:it looks like they're actually in a good groove right now, that's usually when the paint peels and some wild creature tries to kill them.
Hell yeah!

I was thinking more like this!!!

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I have never had the chance to see APC or Puscifer, so i would be extremely excited for a tour.

So we think the album may be off another year because of promotion. Is there a chance they could/would record the album this year and release it, and not go on tour immediately? i mean why not, they dont REALLY need to promote the album. The people who want to buy the album will buy it regardless of a tour, proven by the sold out shows in 2014 (8 years since an album release).... Tool knows they have a fan base that will buy up the album if it is released.
nameloc
Bronco's Fan

Post by nameloc »

xZ1mM3r wrote:I have never had the chance to see APC or Puscifer, so i would be extremely excited for a tour.

So we think the album may be off another year because of promotion. Is there a chance they could/would record the album this year and release it, and not go on tour immediately? i mean why not, they dont REALLY need to promote the album. The people who want to buy the album will buy it regardless of a tour, proven by the sold out shows in 2014 (8 years since an album release).... Tool knows they have a fan base that will buy up the album if it is released.
the albums are really promotional tools for the tours.. while I'm sure they make money off of the record sales, the real money is touring and playing shows.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/46018790@N03/sets/

Audio-Technica u853 (c/o)
Denecke PS-2
Sony MZ-M100 HI-MDs (x2)
Sony PCM M10
XXXX X-X
Leo
Bronco's Fan

Post by Leo »

Another "Cinquanta" mode tours would be welcome, yeah money, cash grab but still we are able to listen to their music and it's not like a lame concert, i really hope that happens.
In the other hand another Tool tour without new songs would cause more desperation....again money money money... but still good music.
and based on the earnings shared by UG.com i think they will never lose a chance to get this profit.

Artists: Tool & Failure
Venue: Portland, OR - Moda Center
Date: Mar. 06th, 2014
Gross Sales: $802,900
Attendance/Capacity: 13,627/13,641
Ticket Prices: $75, $55, $40

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ent ... ealed.html
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'm feeling pretty optimistic that Tool will enter the studio to record at some point this year, and this is coming from a pretty pessimistic fan of the band's recent actions. I'm sure they will target a release near the spring/summer festival circuit of next year. The only good explanation I will accept for a 10 year wait is either a double album or a film.
Last edited by Bill Hilly on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.