Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
lukas
Geacon

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by lukas »

on the other hand, maynard repeatedly stated that if there is something new on the tool front we will be the first to know.....
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

There you have it... probably salival 2 or something of that nature.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

16 February, 2015 (12:41pm)
TOOL UPDATE (EVEN THOUGH TODAY IS A HOLIDAY)

Wouldn't you know it. Here I am hoping to observe President's Day by taking care of something at home that I have been putting off for way too long, when I am bombarded with email from Tool fans wanting to know what's going on concerning a recent Facebook post (now making the rounds on all of the on-line music sites) about the members of the band tracking in the same recording facility where the band "Motorhead" are working on something. Well, realizing that millions of you need to get back to shoveling the snow off of your houses instead of anxiously waiting for further information to appear on a computer screen, here are four possibilities that I can think of, with one of them probably being the most likely answer to the chance meeting between the two bands in the same recording studio:

A) The members of Tool that the guys in Motorhead saw and interacted with in the studio were actually the DECOY members of the band , who have started tracking tunes for the new DECOY Tool album.

B) Rather than tracking tunes for the next Tool record, the (real) members of the band have begun tracking (real) tunes for the Tool album that is to be released AFTER the next Tool album is released.

c) Rather than tracking anything, the members of the band were in the studio mixing music that was recorded sometime ago, which might not have anything to do with the next Tool album (which is still in the writing/arranging process), but might be used for another Tool project that has been in the works for a while, of which I am currently not at liberty to add any further details.

D) All of the above.

Okay, like I mentioned earlier, one of these is most likely correct. Now, you have lots of snow to shovel, and I have more socks to fold...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

That's a hell of an update from Blair, very cool.

Anyone think it's B? They've certainly had enough time to pull that off.

I'll gladly take a Salival 2 type release though!
Hey! Denty!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Can anyone confirm if that's Blair in this pic?
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

uhm.. yes
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

k, thanks. I thought so.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

BREAKING NEWS
New Salival type of release called "Problem 8" to be released May 10th.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Is that your guess? That would be a fitting name for it.
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

My gut tells me something is coming, soon.
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

Ettan wrote:My gut tells me something is coming, soon.
My gut told me that in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Anyway, here's to seeing something (anything) this year :!:
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Yeah, my gut told me that in 2013. Then I realised it was just the chili con carne I had for dinner the previous evening. It took care of itself in due course though.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

In the 442 pages related to TOOL's social media there is like zero actual information regarding new music. Just "writing/arranging and fishing". That's fuckin' funny.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

It's only funny if you don't care for the music of the band Tool. Otherwise.....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

isak
Maynard Believer

Post by isak »

xZ1mM3r wrote: I wish someone would interview/ask/tweet to Justin... He never is in the middle of the "news"... I wonder if he would give a fan an honest answer regarding progress
Ran into Justin back in 2011 & asked him if there was any album news & he said that they were working on some tracks which "you guys will love". He seemed genuinely excited & apologised for the wait but said it would be worth it. I had no reason to doubt anything he said but unsure if he even thought that 4 years later the same uncertainty remains.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Calfium Jay wrote:Yeah, my gut told me that in 2013. Then I realised it was just the chili con carne I had for dinner the previous evening. It took care of itself in due course though.
Man.. some chili con carne would hit the spot right now.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

jesus christ Image
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Umadbrah? wrote:16 February, 2015 (12:41pm)
TOOL UPDATE (EVEN THOUGH TODAY IS A HOLIDAY)

Wouldn't you know it. Here I am hoping to observe President's Day by taking care of something at home that I have been putting off for way too long, when I am bombarded with email from Tool fans wanting to know what's going on concerning a recent Facebook post (now making the rounds on all of the on-line music sites) about the members of the band tracking in the same recording facility where the band "Motorhead" are working on something. Well, realizing that millions of you need to get back to shoveling the snow off of your houses instead of anxiously waiting for further information to appear on a computer screen, here are four possibilities that I can think of, with one of them probably being the most likely answer to the chance meeting between the two bands in the same recording studio:

A) The members of Tool that the guys in Motorhead saw and interacted with in the studio were actually the DECOY members of the band , who have started tracking tunes for the new DECOY Tool album.

B) Rather than tracking tunes for the next Tool record, the (real) members of the band have begun tracking (real) tunes for the Tool album that is to be released AFTER the next Tool album is released.

c) Rather than tracking anything, the members of the band were in the studio mixing music that was recorded sometime ago, which might not have anything to do with the next Tool album (which is still in the writing/arranging process), but might be used for another Tool project that has been in the works for a while, of which I am currently not at liberty to add any further details.

D) All of the above.

Okay, like I mentioned earlier, one of these is most likely correct. Now, you have lots of snow to shovel, and I have more socks to fold...
When in doubt, choose the longest answer.....

C it is. Which is disappointing. I do believe it is C though.
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

......or E) who cares!! Losing interest
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

They're still writing!! Imagine what would happen in the real world if your boss/teacher gave you an assignment and five years later you were STILL WRITING it!!?!?!

What a farce this has all become.

And as for this other "project" that is supposedly "in the works"....

:lol:

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Lucky we aren't Tools boss or teacher then I guess.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Well, they saw their own shadow. Another year's wait it is.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Like I said, Adam couldn't be that stupid. There is more to this. I still believe we won't see the new release until early 2016 though.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

Bones wrote:......or E) who cares!! Losing interest
My old account used to be under user name bag-a-bones.......couldn't get it reserrected
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Bill Hilly wrote:Like I said, Adam couldn't be that stupid. There is more to this. I still believe we won't see the new release until early 2016 though.
Agreed and agreed.