Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

tl;dr

-Tool isnt recording the new ALBUM, but they are working on a "Curveball"... (likely Salival II?).
-SEVERAL songs are ready for vocals to be added, including the lengthy one, so in theory the end should be closer that the beginning.
-They are setting up a space in the loft for Maynard to sing vocals while the other play the completed tunes.
-Dont Jump To Conclusions.
-We will hear about album news from BMB and not Motorhead via youtube.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Thanks for the update.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I appreciate Blair being more forthright than he usual is. It is now confirmed that Adam is an idiot. Good to read that Maynard is in fact working closely with the other 3, which means that the writing is probably moving in a good direction. The change of pace curve ball sounds like possibly some acoustic jams?
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Bill Hilly wrote:I appreciate Blair being more forthright than he usual is.
I know, right. HALLELUJAH!!!

It is now confirmed that Adam is an idiot.
He also looks like the guy who plays Chewbacca. And I honestly don't think very highly of his "artwork" to be honest.

Good to read that Maynard is in fact working closely with the other 3, which means that the writing is probably moving in a good direction.
I know, right. HALLELUJAH!!! Nah, I'm just kidding. I still think they won't "hit the studio" before July.

The change of pace curve ball sounds like possibly some acoustic jams?
As long as there are no blankets or hoodies or woollen beanies involved I'm all in....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It's so weird reading a straight up newsletter from Blair, I don't like it!

I kid, I kid. That was neat.

So he basically confirmed a Salival 2 type deal, right? Cause I haven't seen any other guesses (at least more than once ).

Anyone think that the tone of this newsletter was perhaps affected by the negative reaction to the video clip and the blankets? Like May Jay or Danny said, "Let's throw them some straight up info".

I honestly appreciate the "don't jump to conclusions" part.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

There are still too many conflicting reports to know just how far along they are, but it's a GREAT sign to know that Maynard is actually jamming with Tool (While possibly writing a follow up to Conditions of My Parole....wow). I believe Blair mentioned many moons ago that he listened to a bunch of instrumental tracks of the record with Danny and he ventured to say that possibly half was complete. Then there is Danny saying several times through the last several years that they are close to recording. Also, Justin saying that this is the biggest project of their lives. I think we are in for something huge, by Tool standards, whenever it is unleashed.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Nice!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Bill Hilly wrote:but it's a GREAT sign to know that Maynard is actually jamming with Tool (While possibly writing a follow up to Conditions of My Parole....wow)
May Jay has said various times that Puscifer will only have Donkey Punch-like releases from now on.

Even COMP accidentally ended up being a full length album because Carina Round and Matt ended up adding so much of their own to it.

He's also said he doesn't like to "cross streams" with his bands so I'd guess whatever he's doing with Puscifer will be done before he enters his Aaron Harris built booth.

Speaking of, does Harris have producer ability? Is he a candidate?
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Harris has been on the more technical side of musical projects, including production, since 2008. I was hoping for another full length from Puscifer. I might be in the minority here, but I loved Conditions of My Parole. I am glad that he doesn't play swords with his musical projects though. Another good sign.
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

Thanx for the newsletter, man. Guess I was wrong (not surprisingly so) on the 156. Looking forward to more solid news as it comes.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Sacred Whore is fitting.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:
Speaking of, does Harris have producer ability? Is he a candidate?
Just to picky, I doubt Tool will be using a producer. Harris seems to be a capable engineer though, probably a little inexperienced in regards to who Tool have used in the past. I imagine he'll assist on the recording, but I'm not sure he'll will be the head engineer.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Oh ok. Sounds good to me, dude is obviously talented (as my recent turn into Isis-fandomness has shown me).
Bill Hilly wrote:Harris has been on the more technical side of musical projects, including production, since 2008. I was hoping for another full length from Puscifer. I might be in the minority here, but I loved Conditions of My Parole. I am glad that he doesn't play swords with his musical projects though. Another good sign.
I like COMP quite a bit too. If I remember correctly it was well received here, definitely much more liked than V is for... I'd be ok with or without another full length album from Puscifer.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I agree with Hellboy. With how long it has taken them to write this lengthy track, there will assuredly be many layers that will need to be done by someone with technical chops and credentials to work with Tool. I think Aaron is just part of the Tool family and he will have several roles with this new record.

With this news of Maynard working at the loft, I'm OK with a single being released from Puscifer.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

COMP is one of my favorite albums from any artist. It was so unexpected to me when I first heard it. It now holds a special place in my mental musical library. I thoroughly enjoy that album front to back. I would LOVE a full length follow up, but anything is good.
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

Finally some love for Conditions? Is this the same forum? I couldn't agree more... it's a great album. I've always been fond of Puscifer's use of negative space (silence, whatever...). Like Maynard's wine, it's hard not to feel like that album was created in the desert (maybe that's just me).

I'm pretty fond of Dear Brother and Breathe off the other one, too.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I like Puscifer. I'd never pick one over a Tool album, but V and COMP are both excellent records.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I've never dissed Puscifer, they are awesome at what they do and they never portray themselves something they are not.

Is it possible the record will be recorded at the loft? It has been stated that there were renovations recently and now The added station for MJK is being installed. Any info if this is possible?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

BlackHole83 wrote: Is it possible the record will be recorded at the loft? It has been stated that there were renovations recently and now The added station for MJK is being installed. Any info if this is possible?
It's possible, but I'd suggest it's unlikely.
Last edited by hellboy on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unlikey!
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Whats this curveball BMB keeps talking about in posts and newsletters?
Some have guessed it, some others are oblivious.

I haven't been paying too much attention lately and don't know whats going on with this tidbit
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

It's going to be a nu-metal/hip hop fusion album.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

in a recent 'children of saturn' broadcast with danny and blair, danny mentions that they're working on a video for opiate, and in the background blair says "sounds like a curveball to me!" ....the link to it was kicking around on this forum somewhere, damned if I'll look for it.....so they probably are re-recording the song to go along with the video, adding in that new middle section they played live last year
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

aenimal wrote:in a recent 'children of saturn' broadcast with danny and blair, danny mentions that they're working a video for opiate, and in the background blair says "sounds like a curveball to me!" ....the link to it was kicking around on this forum somewhere, damned if I'll look for it.....so they probably are re-recording the song to go along with the video, adding in that new middle section they played live last year
thanks for that info.

over in FB land people seem to think The Pot video, a salival like release, or a live DVD.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

maybe they'll include the pot video with it....for as much time as they supposedly spent working on it, it would kinda suck if they just dropped it altogether
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

aenimal wrote:maybe they'll include the pot video with it....for as much time as they supposedly spent working on it, it would kinda suck if they just dropped it altogether
time is relative with this band.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA