Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Pimple »

In any case I feel as though the wait for a new album, or any new release is so much easier when we are given clear information. As much as I have enjoyed the BMB riddles and rubbish over the years it has worn me down especially in the last week or so (Motorhead, hashtags, multiple choice and blankets). But the news of the last few days, especially todays from MJK, has washed all of the angst away. I am stoked again and happy enjoy the speculation and wait for new TOOL things. I hope they continue to treat us with at least a little respect.
Be good to each other.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

PimPle wrote: I hope they continue to treat us with at least a little respect.
The BMB magic eight ball says doubtful.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Bill Hilly wrote:
PimPle wrote: I hope they continue to treat us with at least a little respect.
The BMB magic eight ball says doubtful.
I thought as much unfortunately... at least this forum has been interesting and filled with contributors in the last few days.... I reckon I'd smash BMB in a game of 8 ball :D
Be good to each other.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Encouraging stuff.

I'm guessing Fall 2016 earliest for album release. And I'm cool with that.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

joeypants wrote:Encouraging stuff.

I'm guessing Fall 2016 earliest for album release. And I'm cool with that.
Im not doubting your answer here by quoting you.. but i have a question...

so we all know (obviously) it takes Tool to write and arrange an album.. years. BUT once mjk is involved does anyone know if it speeds up? Its been said by the band numerous times that maynard works faster than them... he can get his parts done in no time at all compared to how long adam takes. But what about everything else. Say maynard gets his parts written for the tracks by... may or june? Then they need to record. edit, rewrite some sections to match vocals and yada yada yada. They need to come up with an album name that fits the project, and then artwork and all the final touches.

how long does it take to go from maynards lyrics being written to an album release?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Things speed up to pretty much "other bands' speed" when May Jay gets involved.

Supposedly, he wrote the lyrics to Lateralus in about a month. I've got no source but it's been said here before.

I'd say early next year at the latest.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ravenpig wrote:Things speed up to pretty much "other bands' speed" when May Jay gets involved.

Supposedly, he wrote the lyrics to Lateralus in about a month. I've got no source but it's been said here before.

lateralus the song or lateralus the album?

I would like to know more about the recording of Lateralus.. From what ive heard, that album had a lot of segues and interesting pieces cut from it for it to fit on a single disc. anyone have any info on this?
McNadd33
Bronco's Fan

Post by McNadd33 »

hellboy wrote:
McNadd33 wrote:now if we could only get a release window...
Well, if this is where we're at the I'd say sometime in the first half of 2016 is a fair bet. I reckon they'll hit the studio in May/June. Late 2015 is still possible I guess, but I wouldn't put money on it.
thanks for the reply but i was more leaning toward the release window for the curveball project; probably looking like november or december at this point correct?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Maynard is tracking Puscifer currently... and he met with Cat that will be fighting Ronda Rousey this weekend. Pretty cool... It is puscifer related but that forum is dead
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Sounds like Cat Zingano will walk out to a Puscifer song in UFC 184. Maybe something new? something to listen for...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Lateralus the album. Again, I read that here so I'm not sure how accurate it is.

They do go faster when May Jay gets involved though.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

PimPle wrote:But the news of the last few days... has washed all of the angst away.
I agree with you, and feel the same (almost relief) getting some straight up status. Which kind of surprises me, because I have mostly shed my expectations where it comes to Tool releasing anything in the future.

However, from past experience around here, this will likely be short lived. Hope I'm wrong, because all the negativity gets old quickly and serves little purpose.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

A month ago, I felt like I could have flipped a coin as to whether or not this album was ever going to make it. There was too much talk and stalling going on.It was great to actually read a no-frills newsletter. Blair was still a mischievous little troll, but I could tell that the tone was different. There have been so many updates that the band are "Taking a break from writing/arranging." This time when he said it, there was no hunting in England or fishing in Alaska. No surfing in Hawaii, no accidents or hospital visits. They are taking a break so that the loft can be set up for Maynard.

Like Ravenpig said, MJK probably said something to Blair. In the last year or so, he's sounded just as frustrated as some of us have. He used to be able to get away with not having to talk about his cash cow to the media and the fans. Things are a bit different now that they are going on 9 years between releases. I have a feeling that Maynard is going to continue to be honest with everyone about the progress. Let's face it, he has always been a bit prickly when it comes to talking about Tool. But now he has had to pretty much be Tool's PR guy on several occasions recently. Like MJK said in his post, he's just as excited as we are to start jamming. Maynard says that he is excited. I don't think I have ever heard him say that about Tool. The world is different since 10,000 Days came out. Technology is different. We have Twitter, Instagram, Facebook. Everybody knows everyone's business in a matter of minutes. With the Motorhead video posted by Adam and MJK's post from yesterday, it is evident that Tool is changing with the times.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Ravenpig wrote:Things speed up to pretty much "other bands' speed" when May Jay gets involved.

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure he has been penning Tool lyrics for a while now. It sounded like he was already working on lyrics way back when he was on Joe Rogan's talk show. It would not surprise me if the lyrics, or at least the foundation of inspirations, have already been completed. MJK is a great puzzle solver and Tool's music is a pretty tough puzzle for someone to come over the top with vocals. I recall Danny mentioning that Maynard blew the rest of the band away when he came in with the melody and lyrics to Jambi. I think that things are really going to start moving this year.
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

Bill Hilly wrote: Maynard says that he is excited. I don't think I have ever heard him say that about Tool.
Maynard looking like an excited toddler on Danny's giant trap set... that's enough to make anybody giddy. I remember a photo of Adam's raw, bleeding fingers from recording the 10k days record; I really hope they keep up the occasional picture releases. I can't get enough of seeing the loft with those guys in it. I need to make myself a huge heptagram sigil for my living room.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'd love to see a behind the scenes film of the guys at the loft. Something like the Undertow studio sessions with Silvia Massey. That's a bit too translucent for them, I think.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Behind the scenes video of this new album recording would be awesome
Breaker
Maynard Believer

Post by Breaker »

Really like the new "news" and reading a newsletter that doesn't feel like a slap in the face. At the same time, I hope Maynard flipping off the camera--with both hands--isn't a sign he is pissed fans want to know about the new album's progress.

Like others, I thought waiting for Aenima and Lateralus was unbearable, even though they were well worth the wait. And knowing they were worth the wait helps with the state of album five, but being played with in an age of instant information isn't always easy to tolerate.

Staying patient.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

@hillbilly that could be curveball material right there......a behind the scenes/making of album movie.
go taff!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

True dat Budsy. I'm expecting to be unexpected.
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

maybe we will find out more about that severed arm picture
go taff!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Damn, I forgot about that.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

budsyralli wrote:maybe we will find out more about that severed arm picture
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

are you trying to tell me a greedy executive got his fuckin arm light sabered?
go taff!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

POSSIBLY Star Wars and Tool in the same year. I'm geeking out over here.
Last edited by Bill Hilly on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.