Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Watching Empire right now! Love that movie!
I tried to clear my mind and watch A New Hope as if I were back in the 70's and had never seen it before on Saturday. it's a remarkable movie for it's time and still hold's up to this day. my dad caught me watching it and told me that I was barely putting sentences together at 3 or 4 years old but he used to play the vinyl for me all the time. I was kinda hyper active and when they put those old school 80's headphones on me I'd sit there for hours listening to the main John Williams score, the Mos Eisley Catina Jazz, Imperial March etc. Williams with the London Symphony Orchestra still gives me the chills to this day. I even loved the sleeve it came in and used to study it in my pillow fort (apparently). I really loved that movie and always rank Empire ahead of it, I might have to reconsider that in hindsight. Lucas really is/was a genius and no one believed that it would work at the time. the studio must have been surprised as hell when it did!
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

inspiration_tactic wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:I can't believe the amount of bullshit each time I check in on new tool info. Someone once made a joke that tool could record their farts and and sell them. I thought it was a joke. Sadly, this is what it's come to. The farts aren't real farts, but media farts. All we have is a bag of old musty media farts that include, but are not limited to; tweets, out of context vids, incoherent clues, and extrapolations that stink as much as the farts that spawned them. New this, new that, etc. drumroll please...Ladies and gentlemen, Puscifer!
Here's a thought: it's almost summer. Go camp somewhere. Buy a kayak. Grab a towel and head to the beach. Whatever... forget about Tool for awhile. Forget about this stale forum. Take up a new hobby. It'll be okay.
Oh dear god....thanks buddy. I'll just make a collage out old magazines that featured tool. Then I'll do one for one for 70's era Black sabbath. I can start oil painting with bob Ross tapes and living a fuller life. I think I can turn this tool obsessed life full of disappointment around.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

blacksabbath wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:I can't believe the amount of bullshit each time I check in on new tool info. Someone once made a joke that tool could record their farts and and sell them. I thought it was a joke. Sadly, this is what it's come to. The farts aren't real farts, but media farts. All we have is a bag of old musty media farts that include, but are not limited to; tweets, out of context vids, incoherent clues, and extrapolations that stink as much as the farts that spawned them. New this, new that, etc. drumroll please...Ladies and gentlemen, Puscifer!
Here's a thought: it's almost summer. Go camp somewhere. Buy a kayak. Grab a towel and head to the beach. Whatever... forget about Tool for awhile. Forget about this stale forum. Take up a new hobby. It'll be okay.
Oh dear god....thanks buddy. I'll just make a collage out old magazines that featured tool. Then I'll do one for one for 70's era Black sabbath. I can start oil painting with bob Ross tapes and living a fuller life. I think I can turn this tool obsessed life full of disappointment around.
that "have a nice summer and forget about Tool" is definitely the way to go but it's been what, like 10 summers of that already? I mean my friends have 10,000+ songs on their device that plays (loudly) in every room in the house. sooner or later a Tool song will be played and someone always turns to me (always me) and asks "what's their deal *N.Y.H.C.*?" and I never have a good answer. what's a good one this summer?
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:the Mos Eisley Catina Jazz
It's pronounced "Jizz"
N.Y.H.C. wrote:what's a good one this summer?
"The fuck should I know? I'm not their manager."
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The answer is don't sweat on the things you can't control.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I wondr if we'll be seeing these things at future Tool shows.

Yondr
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I hope not. I don't condone concert phone use either, but while Tool aren't playing, or are taking a lengthy pointless intermission I'd like to be able to check my Candy Crush score.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I don't want Tool to start using them because they're kind of ridiculous, frankly.
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Whatever... forget about Tool for awhile.

Forget about who??
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by blacksabbath »

N.Y.H.C. wrote: that "have a nice summer and forget about Tool" is definitely the way to go but it's been what, like 10 summers of that already? I mean my friends have 10,000+ songs on their device that plays (loudly) in every room in the house. sooner or later a Tool song will be played and someone always turns to me (always me) and asks "what's their deal *N.Y.H.C.*?" and I never have a good answer. what's a good one this summer?
I guess we have to tell the truth; they are milking our loyalty to promote other projects and merchandise.
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

If it didn't seem like you were spinning your tires with vitriol the last 4 years I'd say more power to you. However, it's accomplishing nothing. Even Maynard took up some hobbies to pass the time between records. When the long-anticipated record does come out, it'll be epic and you'll forget about the dark days of having to entertain yourself.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

inspiration_tactic wrote:If it didn't seem like you were spinning your tires with vitriol the last 4 years I'd say more power to you. However, it's accomplishing nothing. Even Maynard took up some hobbies to pass the time between records. When the long-anticipated record does come out, it'll be epic and you'll forget about the dark days of having to entertain yourself.
im really interested to see what direction maynard/the band steers this album... musically what does it sound like? what is maynards theme for the record? deep down i hope its a Lateralus 2... hah.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
inspiration_tactic wrote:If it didn't seem like you were spinning your tires with vitriol the last 4 years I'd say more power to you. However, it's accomplishing nothing. Even Maynard took up some hobbies to pass the time between records. When the long-anticipated record does come out, it'll be epic and you'll forget about the dark days of having to entertain yourself.
im really interested to see what direction maynard/the band steers this album... musically what does it sound like? what is maynards theme for the record? deep down i hope its a Lateralus 2... hah.
yea that's everyone
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

I think that we all hope that it's going to be a Lateralus 2

I want them top pick up with a Reflection type of feel/vibe to it.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I just want them to finish and release it. This is the only thing I'll pay them for. A new album. I will not pay for anything thing other than that. DVDs, posters, quilts, reissues, etc. are not in my budget. I won't even go to a show until they release a new album. We have to band together against this bullshit. Boycott all products until they release a new album.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah, I'm sure Tool aren't finishing the album because of all that sick blanket dough they're raking in. With that much cash why would they want to do anything?
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yeah... I'm never missing another Tool show if I can help it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I don't want Lateralus 2.
Hey! Denty!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Ravenpig wrote:I don't want Lateralus 2.
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

I don't want Lateralus 2 either. Hopefully it'll be it's own thing.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Moridin wrote:I don't want Lateralus 2 either. Hopefully it'll be it's own thing.
Swahili Post Rock Ambient Chill Trance?
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

lo7us wrote:
Moridin wrote:I don't want Lateralus 2 either. Hopefully it'll be it's own thing.
Swahili Post Rock Ambient Chill Trance?
Sold!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

It'll be 10,000 days 2, which was Lateralus 2, and that was Ænima 2...it'll just be Opiate 6.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Maynard from Comedy Bang! Bang!

I didn't find it all that amusing to be honest, though Maynard's performance seems to be ok.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:I don't want Lateralus 2.
Yeah, I don't either. I'd prefer Tool to make a Conditions Of My Parole 2 over a Lateralus 2.
Don't mow your lawn