The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

mogeffingmog said

markuspoop said
Calling out bullshit on an internet message board = fucking pure awesomeness.

Tool taking 6,7,8 (how long is it now?) years to put out a handful of songs, some segues, and some arts-fartsy doodles inside the album jacket = fucking pure laziness from 4 guys who don't deserve dick.

^ I see what you did there.  Yur a fart smeller, uh, smart feller, old yeller?

Go O's!!!

Hahaha.  Go O's indeed.  Here's hoping Markakis' neck issue isn't serious. 

I'll say one thing though, baseball players certainly aren't lazy.  They earn their paycheck.  Unlike a certain band we all know of........

I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Can't be bothered reading another long winded bullshit post by Children.  Apparently telling someone that you don't give a fuck about what they have to say on anything isn't clear enough.

Soooooooo.............

Fuck Tool.  Lazy Bastards.

New Intronaut in 5 days.  Hell fucking yeah.

doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

children said

mogeffingmog said

children said

mogeffingmog said

children said
So you're saying that if you had the chance to be in there shoes, you would turn it down? I think not.

Would I turn down millions of dollars?  Certainly not.  I could help all the people in my world that I care about.  However, if I had the amount of talent those guys do, I would absolutely have released a few more albums.  More importantly, I would never bullshit the fans.  There would be no smoke and mirrors.  If I was going to re-release an old album I would make it available to everyone.  If I wanted to thank the fans I might do something like, I dunno, release an unreleased track, or some demos, something, particularly if I knew it was going to take an abnormally long time between releases.  I would be honest with the fans about where I was in my song writing process.  In other words, I would act quite a bit like Steven Wilson.  Professional, humble, and dedicated to my art.

It is easier when you are an individual musician. Steven Wilson doesn't have to deal with the politics that Tool does.

What is your purpose exactly?  Do you not get that I don't give a shit about what you have to say on anything?  I am humoring you, and amusing myself, by even responding to anything you post.  Tool could shit on your face, literally, and you would thank them for it and ask for more.  Hey if that does it for you, so be it.  Do we honestly have anything left to say to each other?

You think i don't know that? Like that's going to stop me from posting anyway. "Oh no, Mog doesn't care about what i have to say. I guess i no longer have a reason to use this forum." You really are an egotistical prick, aren't you?

Life doesn't always work out the way you wanted it to. Shit happens. Maybe in your little world, everything works out perfectly, but some people may not be as fortunate as you.

If you were a member of Tool you would be the dictator trying to control everything, and the band would have broken up long ago. The reason Tool is so successful and currently writing a record is due to compromise. It isn't one guy making every decision; it's four guys putting their minds and hearts together to achieve something that could not be done individually. That takes a lot of work and a lot of time, and in order to balance that out, it takes a lot of relaxation as well. Art cannot be born through stress; it requires a certain mindset. No matter how many times you say that art is no excuse, it doesn't make it true.

Keep being unpretentious dude. 

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

mogeffingmog said
Can't be bothered reading another long winded bullshit post by Children.  Apparently telling someone that you don't give a fuck about what they have to say on anything isn't clear enough.

My thoughts, as well, every time I see a post from this Liz reincarnation.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

badkittygothgirl said

mogeffingmog said

My thoughts, as well, every time I see a post from this Liz reincarnation.

There is a whiff of familiarity, isn't there.

My first thought was that it was a female, but now . . .

Nah. I might not like Lizbet online, but I doubt she's this fucking petty.

No, ladies and gentlemen - what we have here is a genuine Grade A fucking moron.

(Also, I know we all have fairly silly usernames, but "children"? Really? Couldn't come up with something vaguely interesting? Tyson is using his real fucking name, and that's more interesting then what you've come up with.

"Children". Huh.)

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Interesting shit going on in this forum.  Apparently I am not the only one disenchanted by Tool's bullshit after all.  Apparently there are a number of other like minded individuals that are absolutely sick of the smoke and mirrors act.  Individuals who call bullshit when they see it, which is particularly easy at the moment as Tool have not only acknowledged their bullshit, they now seemingly actually "believe" in it.  You know, for example, when Mr. Jones says they are releasing 5000 copies of the Opiate re-release as a "thank you to the fans".  Still trying to work out that one, you know, limiting this release, which includes nothing new at all, no live music, no demo's, nothing but artwork and stickers...Really sort of baffled where the actual "thank you" is there.

Nothing new on the new album, other than Danny is in Hawaii yet again, and Maynard wants to have a dinner date.  But remember, don't ask him about Tool!

Fucking pathetic.

I gave my word to Hellboy that I wouldn't post in any other Tool threads, and I won't.  So here I post and ponder over how some individuals can be repeatedly given a lump of shit and yet somehow consistently believe that they are in fact holding a brick of gold.  I suppose ardent fandom must have some sort of long term impact on the nostrils, along with the frontal lobes.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

mogeffingmog said
Interesting shit going on in this forum.  Apparently I am not the only one disenchanted by Tool's bullshit after all.  Apparently there are a number of other like minded individuals that are absolutely sick of the smoke and mirrors act.  Individuals who call bullshit when they see it, which is particularly easy at the moment as Tool have not only acknowledged their bullshit, they now seemingly actually "believe" in it.  You know, for example, when Mr. Jones says they are releasing 5000 copies of the Opiate re-release as a "thank you to the fans".  Still trying to work out that one, you know, limiting this release, which includes nothing new at all, no live music, no demo's, nothing but artwork and stickers...Really sort of baffled where the actual "thank you" is there.

Nothing new on the new album, other than Danny is in Hawaii yet again, and Maynard wants to have a dinner date.  But remember, don't ask him about Tool!

Fucking pathetic.

I gave my word to Hellboy that I wouldn't post in any other Tool threads, and I won't.  So here I post and ponder over how some individuals can be repeatedly given a lump of shit and yet somehow consistently believe that they are in fact holding a brick of gold.  I suppose ardent fandom must have some sort of long term impact on the nostrils, along with the frontal lobes.

Don't forget the golden tickets. You know, the tickets with which they still have to figure out what they are worth.

Fucking bitches.
SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said

Fucking pathetic.

Mad respect for honouring your word. This is easily my favourite thread in FE.

I really wish I, personally, had a reason for not being jaded and done with this band - but it really feels like they almost WANT me to hate them. Do they really think what they're cooking up is THAT good? Is it going to reinvent the very concept of music?

Because that will be the only thing that will get me interested in the band again.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said
Interesting shit going on in this forum.  Apparently I am not the only one disenchanted by Tool's bullshit after all.  Apparently there are a number of other like minded individuals that are absolutely sick of the smoke and mirrors act.

Let's be clear here - there's a difference between acknowledging that they way Tool operate is bullshit, and feeling the need to complain about it at every opportunity.  Despite what you believe, I expect the Tool "fanboi" that sees nothing wrong with the way Tool operate are very much the minority.  

It's just that most of use don't see the reason to be "calling them out " repeatedly.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said
Interesting shit going on in this forum.  Apparently I am not the only one disenchanted by Tool's bullshit after all.  Apparently there are a number of other like minded individuals that are absolutely sick of the smoke and mirrors act.

Let's be clear here - there's a difference between acknowledging that they way Tool operate is bullshit, and feeling the need to complain about it at every opportunity.  Despite what you believe, I expect the Tool "fanboi" that sees nothing wrong with the way Tool operate are very much the minority.  

It's just that most of use don't see the reason to be "calling them out " repeatedly.

Why are you even responding to anything I am saying?  I am in the fucking Grudge.  I gave you my word that I wouldn't post in other Tool specific threads and I have and will honor that to the letter of the law.  We don't agree on the Tool issue at all.  You wanna bitch direct it towards people that are posting in the threads.  I am following your fucking rules boss.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said 
Why are you even responding to anything I am saying?  I am in the fucking Grudge.  I gave you my word that I wouldn't post in other Tool specific threads and I have and will honor that to the letter of the law.  We don't agree on the Tool issue at all.  You wanna bitch direct it towards people that are posting in the threads.  I am following your fucking rules boss.

Huh?  I'm not trying to suggest you are breaking the rules or anything like that.  This thread is for the kind of debate we're having.  

I'm just addressing your "surprise" that there are also people who think like you by mentioning it's not uncommon at all.  I agree with a lot of what you say and no doubt a large group of others do as well - we just chose to not complain about it all the time (in this thread or elsewhere). 

You're welcome to complain about Tool fans and Tool's laziness as much as you like in this thread - I won't make any attempt to stop you.  Doesn't stop me from thinking it's a fucking waste of energy though.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said 

Huh?  I'm not trying to suggest you are breaking the rules or anything like that.  This thread is for the kind of debate we're having.  

I'm just addressing your "surprise" that there are also people who think like you by mentioning it's not uncommon at all.  I agree with a lot of what you say and no doubt a large group of others do as well - we just chose to not complain about it all the time (in this thread or elsewhere). 

You're welcome to complain about Tool fans and Tool's laziness as much as you like in this thread - I won't make any attempt to stop you.  Doesn't stop me from thinking it's a fucking waste of energy though.

Just playin in the sandbox.  Call me disgruntled.  Call me a dick.  Makes no difference to me.  There are others of a similar mindset.  This is our playground.  You should probably add an "enter at your own risk" disclaimer in the thread title.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

crow011 said
Yeah, apparently it's a shock to everyone that there are no bonus tracks on "OPIATE", and that Jones admitted they were lazy.

I'm shocked, too. Shocked that people are that fucking stupid.

Word. Crow and mog tell it like it is.

doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

crow011 said
I love the fact that it' a "special thank you" to the fans. All 5,000 of them.

Hahahaha! Brilliant!

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

mogeffingmog said

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said 

Just playin in the sandbox.  Call me disgruntled.  Call me a dick.  Makes no difference to me.  There are others of a similar mindset.  This is our playground.  You should probably add an "enter at your own risk" disclaimer in the thread title.

A NSFC will work.

SteveBobSteve
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

snazzlefrass said

A NSFC will work.

Not Safe For Children?  HA!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Pete might have something to say about that.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

badkittygothgirl said

snazzlefrass said

A NSFC will work.

Not Safe For Children?  HA!

Not Safe For Crow. Not many things are, really.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

UndKeineEier said
Pete might have something to say about that.

not a thing... no copyright infringement to be had there... too bad, too... I've been looking for just the right get-rich-quick scheme for quite some time and since HB is all rich from google ads and subscription fees...
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
bogie314
Maynard Believer

Post by bogie314 »

Wow - this site has turned into a huge waste of time, HB! I'm not sure when I last read some interesting news or tidbit from any of these whiny self-entitled arrogant pricks. These few arrogant bastards seem to think we all prefer their constant bad breath over no breath at all. Do us all a favor and go fuck yourselves in the ear before you come back here to spew more of your negativity. No wonder MJK hates talking about Tool, cause the fact is about 75% of the fan base consists of high as a kite douche bags who really can't think for themselves.

At least the site is still great from a latest news standpoint, so thanks as always for that.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

toolphishdhs said

bogie314 said
Wow - this site has turned into a huge waste of time, HB! I'm not sure when I last read some interesting news or tidbit from any of these whiny self-entitled arrogant pricks. These few arrogant bastards seem to think we all prefer their constant bad breath over no breath at all. Do us all a favor and go fuck yourselves in the ear before you come back here to spew more of your negativity. No wonder MJK hates talking about Tool, cause the fact is about 75% of the fan base consists of high as a kite douche bags who really can't think for themselves.

At least the site is still great from a latest news standpoint, so thanks as always for that.

sweet first post, bitching about bitching in a thread created for bitching about the band Tool. you are better than this. try a little harder and bring the good stuff next time. 

as for Tool. nothing but a lazy bunch of pricks that keep stringing the fan base along with lies and constantly trying to sell shit that people already have and dont need at all. par for the course with the laziest band ever.

Fuck yeah when the phiser goes Hulk on a post it's a beautiful thing!

Dude I noticed the same shit myself.  I actually saw that post, at first, in the 21st Opiate thread, and I was wondering what the fuck it was doing there.  Those of us that think Tool is lazy as fuck and should have had the album done three years ago have pretty much stuck with this thread and stopped murking about in the other threads and then some fucking newbie jumps in stirring shit up.

I am telling you the Toolios are the problem.  Making excuses for every goddamn thing this lazy ass band does or talking about them in hushed tones like they fucking walk on water.  And god fucking forbid you say a negative word about their band.  Fuck you might as well have kicked them directly in the nuts because oh shit do they go on the defense immediately waxing poetic about how Maynard is Jesus and DC channels sacred mystic occult powers.  I am waiting for Children to create a Tool super hero comic.  You know that shit is coming.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I would just like to point out, yet again, for what seems to be the umpteenth time: none of us HATE TOOL. We're just over the bullshit.

Really think about it. If all of us "assholes" hated TOOL so much, we wouldn't be here. It wouldn't even be worth our time to troll.

So, yeah, there's always that.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

mogeffingmog said

Fuck you might as well have kicked them directly in the nuts because oh shit do they go on the defense immediately waxing poetic about how Maynard is Jesus and DC channels sacred mystic occult powers.  I am waiting for Children to create a Tool super hero comic.  You know that shit is coming.

DC DOES channel sacred mystical occult powers, so shut your pie hole before I am forced to Row Sham Bow you. 
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

badkittygothgirl said

mogeffingmog said

Fuck you might as well have kicked them directly in the nuts because oh shit do they go on the defense immediately waxing poetic about how Maynard is Jesus and DC channels sacred mystic occult powers.  I am waiting for Children to create a Tool super hero comic.  You know that shit is coming.

DC DOES channel sacred mystical occult powers, so shut your pie hole before I am forced to Row Sham Bow you. 

^ hahaha i figured you would jump on that one!  If ever there was a Tool fan who deserved to have such powers "showered" on them it is you