Cloudkicker

Music in all its forms and styles
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Cloudkicker

Post by wisevitamin »

Found out about this band on gotdjent.com. This is actually a one man project and his many albums could be classified as djent, post rock, prog metal, ambient and even some acoustics. Also his whole discography is for download for free on free 9 album discography . Heres his first album.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

Edit: forgot to mention all the albums are instrumental no vocals.
joeypants
Goderator

Re: Cloudkicker

Post by joeypants »

He's really great.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

New Cloudkicker out today! It's good! No Djenty shit on this album, which is OK by me (however much I love his takes on that style).

http://cloudkickermusic.com/album/woum
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

joeypants wrote:New Cloudkicker out today! It's good! No Djenty shit on this album, which is OK by me (however much I love his takes on that style).

http://cloudkickermusic.com/album/woum
Thanks for the heads up. It is interesting. I am not a huge fan of Cloudkicker but then I loved the live album he did with Intronaut. I might have to give his back catalog a more comprehensive listen as well. Yeah I hate "Djent" as a genre with a passion, however there are exceptions. I don't think anyone could accuse Ben of being a Meshuggah rip off. He is definitely more in the realm with the Animals as Leaders guys where they basically write instrumental prog metal with some Djent elements. This album sounds much more experimental than anything I have heard from him before.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I feel like Let Yourself Be Huge has a lot more stuff like this one on it. The back catalog is totally worth digging through.