Soundwave 2016

Music in all its forms and styles
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Soundwave 2015

Post by liz »

Now I'm not sure that's the impression I was trying to give!

Day 2 was light on but I couldn't have fitted anymore into day one. The Killer Be Killed clash was an awful one.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy wrote:Thanks for the review Liz - looks like my decision not to go to day 2 was justified!
Yeah, I'd have to agree. KBK was the only day two band I considered a must see act and from all accounts they delivered. FWIW, if I was going to see a nostalgia act as a headliner, I'd of definitely gone with slipknot and they're kindergarten pyro effects over Billy Corgan's stuck up, old, whinging cat charade.

Who knows, maybe I voted for slipknot in the best albums of the year poll.

Ministry + FNM deservedly earned my dollars. I'm happy with that.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

petemasterpete wrote:Pity I wasn't there in time to see Le Butcherettes ...
I really dug them as an opener for the Melvins, would definitely see them again.

Glad you all enjoyed the festival.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'm jealous of everyone that got to see FNM. I am really hoping that they come to Colorado. They are currently not scheduled for my area during their North American leg. They are one of my favorite bands and one of the only bands left on my bucket list. I've seen Tomahawk, Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, and Peeping Tom but no Faith No More!!! Glad everyone enjoyed their set.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Soundwave 2016

Post by hellboy »

So for those of you who don't read the blog, and missed my unsubtle hint hidden within:
I have had it suggested to me by a reliable source recently that the next Tool shows might be a bit closer to my neck of the woods.
So the source is quite reliable, though the hint pretty vague. While I doubt a new Tool album is on the horizon, it does seem like there is a reasonable chance Tool may end up headlining. My curiosity was piqued earlier this year when AJ tweeted a few things about Tool, seemingly at random. Perhaps in hindsight this was another subtle hint as to who could possible be headlining the 2016 event.

So, if various rumour threads are anything to go by, it seems possible that Soundwave could have on the lineup:
  • Tool
  • Deftones
  • Failure
  • The Melvins
Throw in maybe Puscifer, and it looks like a very interesting lineup.

Perhaps the stuff of nightmares for Califum, but possibly good news for the rest of us Aussies.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I'm too old to go to Festivals.

And the only way this would tempt me would be if there was new material being unveiled - which I highly doubt. Although I'm confident that "significant" progress has been made since the lawsuit was settled, I'd hazard a guess that we'll unlikely be hearing anything new from these turkeys for another 12 - 18 months. And they won't preview anything til it's good and ready.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

hellboy wrote:So for those of you who don't read the blog, and missed my unsubtle hint hidden within:
I have had it suggested to me by a reliable source recently that the next Tool shows might be a bit closer to my neck of the woods.
So the source is quite reliable, though the hint pretty vague. While I doubt a new Tool album is on the horizon, it does seem like there is a reasonable chance Tool may end up headlining. My curiosity was piqued earlier this year when AJ tweeted a few things about Tool, seemingly at random. Perhaps in hindsight this was another subtle hint as to who could possible be headlining the 2016 event.

So, if various rumour threads are anything to go by, it seems possible that Soundwave could have on the lineup:
  • Tool
  • Deftones
  • Failure
  • The Melvins
Throw in maybe Puscifer, and it looks like a very interesting lineup.

Perhaps the stuff of nightmares for Califum, but possibly good news for the rest of us Aussies.
If that is the case I am definitely game to fly over from Perth. How about another fourth eye BBQ prior to the event? Day before maybe? Fingers crossed this will happen. If those old fucks can play a festival then I am definitely up for it :)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

BlackHole83 wrote:
If that is the case I am definitely game to fly over from Perth. How about another fourth eye BBQ prior to the event? Day before maybe? Fingers crossed this will happen. If those old fucks can play a festival then I am definitely up for it :)
I am certainly down for such a thing. I suspect at this stage as I'd need to travel as well, and the Sydney one is on a Sunday (Melbourne is on Tuesday) that would be the likely target. We'll see, AJ is talking about something special happening for Adelaide and Perth, so let's wait and see what happens.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

AJ has since tweeted that the band headlining next years Soundwave is one that has never headlined it before, which seems to strengthen the claim that Tool will be headlining.

Also announced today was Bring Me The Horizon, who I wouldn't mind seeing. I thought they'd already been anounced, but it turns out that was Bullet for My Valentine. Sill band names....

Full lineup so far:

Bullet for My Valentine
Dead Letter Circus
Failure
Refused
Northlane
Lordi
Bring Me The Horizon
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Full lineup so far:

Bullet for My Valentine
Dead Letter Circus
Failure
Refused
Northlane
Lordi
Bring Me The Horizon

LOL.

:lol:
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Actually Bring Me The Horizon aren't who I thought they were. For some reason I was thinking of Between the Buried and Me.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Lordi? Bring me the horizon? Bullet for my valentine? Jesus christ why? Let me present: Lordi.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Every festival has shit bands on it. I find it much easier to focus on what good bands are playing than wasting precious moments of your life worrying about who is shit.

Also, AJ seems to have now suggested that it won't be Tool headlining, so who knows what is actually happening.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Bummer
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

AJ has once again ruled out Tool for SW2016, so looks like we need not make too many plans for January (hopefully Tool are making plans for then).

Apparently the lineup announcement is coming soon (next week perhaps) and there's also been plenty of news out there of Soundwave being in financial strife as well, so who knows what's going on. That probably explains all of the "Soundwave Society" and pre-sale shit that is going on. I hope those silly enough to have already got a ticket to SW2016 are prepared to kiss goodbye to that money...
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kiss, you say? Hmm... maybe.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Well I do wanna party every day.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I could Detroit Rock City.
Don't mow your lawn
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yep, all signs point to SW2016 being a huge failure.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

They should get Led Zeppelin to headline. Those guys are due for another album sooner or later. Been ages since their last one.....

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Calfium Jay wrote:They should get Led Zeppelin to headline. Those guys are due for another album sooner or later. Been ages since their last one.....
Legal troubles with the zombie corpse of Bonham. He's extremely litigious.... out for blood.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Super ordinary lineup... so far... can't see it getting better... the trolling comments were better than the lineup...
Be good to each other.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Haha, Disturbed as the headliner. I guess this will be the last time round for Soundwave. Worst lineup for Soundwave by quite some margin (not that it was unexpected).

There are some decent second tier acts though, and it's cool to see L7 on the lineup, but not enough for me to travel interstate.

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Reminds me of 2007 / 2008 line ups.. enough bands to make it a worthwile summer festival but when ya build it the way he has the last 5-6 years.... wow... how embarrassing..

Quote from Big Day Outs Ken West 3 + years ago.

"West, who is now the solo promoter for the Big Day Out tour, continues with his comments in this very candid interview: “He hasn’t got any interest in the Australian music scene whatsoever … I’ll say it to his face – I don’t think AJ’s got any interest in anything but his own agenda … and it’s a bit of a shame really. ‘Cause having 90 international acts come in on one show – I don’t even know how that’s legal. There’s no financial logic to what he’s doing, and I’ve just got to ride that out. That’s all it really comes down to.”
Listen to All Them Witches