The Main Event
lachrymologist
RIP

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by lachrymologist »

Krazy_blah wrote:
inequitude wrote: new stage backing with prominent heptagram
What? Where is this talked about?...
There was a picture posted earlier of the stage at the festival with a simple black screen with a heptagram. With that being said they did perform tonight in front of the black and blue NET OF BEING backdrop. So maybe it's just temporary.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

Nice work! Did they give any specifics about the Opiate video? (like if that new middle section will be included or if they re-recorded the entire song, what the video is like, etc)
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Yes it will be the new OPIATE which is ALOT different, some of it felt like a totally different song without the little bald guy with the fake mohawk:D
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

lachrymologist wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:
inequitude wrote: new stage backing with prominent heptagram
What? Where is this talked about?...
There was a picture posted earlier of the stage at the festival with a simple black screen with a heptagram. With that being said they did perform tonight in front of the black and blue NET OF BEING backdrop. So maybe it's just temporary.
Ahhh, in the show thread- got it. Thanks for all the posting tonight and hope everyone (including myself) enjoys the fuck out of the show tomorrow.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

lachrymologist wrote:Yes it will be the new OPIATE which is ALOT different, some of it felt like a totally different song without the little bald guy with the fake mohawk:D
Nice! Something to look forward to at least!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

So... Friday's Monster Mash gets cancelled, and Tool is setting up their stage in daylight. Wonder if they had something do do with the cancellation, or if ticket sales were that poor for Friday- maybe combination of both.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

nxrm wrote:
Ah, and azbay doubted they could have sold 300 tickets when they first went on sale. 8-)
I doubted they sold all 500, and was capping it around 200 but I did notice tickets were getting replenished at times. Regardless, that's quite a crowd for the VIP, although I know the Marquee could handle it (that's also the venue where they did the 3 nights of APC). Thanks Lachrymologist for the insight! much appreciated! More Tool to come tomorrow!!!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

So was this whole Opiate video thing common knowledge around here? First id heard of it is all but kinda sounds like common knowledge?
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:No mention of the curveball or what they were doing in the studio back in February??????
I don't think you've been keeping up. The Opiate video is the curveball.
Busty McCracken wrote:So was this whole Opiate video thing common knowledge around here? First id heard of it is all but kinda sounds like common knowledge?
Yeah, it's been known it's on the way for a little while now, and was strongly hinted at being the curveball some time back.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Fair enough.. good little money spinner for em in time for Santa I guess. :roll:
Listen to All Them Witches
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

This makes for good afternoon reading.... Thanks lachrymologist for all of the posts... I am very jealous, would have loved to have been there... I was hoping the curveball was more than just the video of Opiate (I suppose it may still be), but at this stage I'd be happy with anything.... Thanks again...
Be good to each other.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Here's a round-up I posted on the blog:

http://www.fourtheye.net/2015/11/tool-v ... -round-up/
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Nothing on that 10k days vinyl, eh? Well the Opiate video sounds like it'll be a nice taster. I've missed the lack of Tool videos during this..decade. Interesting that'll be completely different, I'm guessing the 3 guys re-recorded their parts.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Soma
Maynard Believer
Height: 184cm

Post by Soma »

Man, i was really hoping they would build a new song on that Opiate jam.
It's a really awesome jam.
Especially Adams riff. It has that...well..typical Adam Jones vibe (typical, here being a very positive thing). Much like the opening riff to Lateralus, it draws you into this weird (patented Tool) mood that we love so much.

Well, I'm still glad we get to hear a studio recorded version of that part.

So, good news I guess.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

azbay wrote:In one day it went from 370 to 70, don't think they sold 300 within 24hrs when that happened...
To be specific, but don't get bent out of shape...I'm just teasing you.

Edit: it's also very possible Merch was manipulating the available tickets as well, I'll concede to that. :)
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

So would they eat Ted Nugent or what?
Hey! Denty!
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

Should I grab merch there, or does it make its way to toolband eventually? Also, anyone know if they sell poster tubes? Thx!
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

Rumors round here suggest 20k tickets sold.......don't know if that's true, or if it encompasses both nights or what.......no clue. I've read capacity at that venue is much less. Any details? Thx!
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

i'm not sure how many are sold, but walking past the park IDK how they could fit 20k people in there. I saw that recently 17 people got hurt at a Kanye show. Stay safe everyone.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Bones wrote:Should I grab merch there, or does it make its way to toolband eventually? Also, anyone know if they sell poster tubes? Thx!

They will not be providing poster tubes, but you can bring in your own. I highly recommend getting a wide, large tube and using Gorilla tape to make a strap. We did that for the recent Foo Fighters show to protect our Jermaine Rogers poster and it worked out well.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

nxrm wrote:
azbay wrote:In one day it went from 370 to 70, don't think they sold 300 within 24hrs when that happened...

To be specific, but don't get bent out of shape...I'm just teasing you.

Edit: it's also very possible Merch was manipulating the available tickets as well, I'll concede to that. :)
Haha this guy 8-) , ok no bending out of shape;) we all wish we could have gone to the vip myself included but $500!? ...well $499.98, I did it last time and couldn't justify it another round. I think it was interesting that even non ticket holders could go which is cool but ups the attendees, which of course I'm sure they want to maximize profit, but hey if it helps production of things and they do a great job giving back to those who went (which sounds like they did! ) I'm all for it! Cheers :mrgreen:
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Taken by Justin Roberts last night

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

All I see is dollar signs. Likely the same thing the band saw looking out into that crowd
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

Bones wrote:Rumors round here suggest 20k tickets sold.......don't know if that's true, or if it encompasses both nights or what.......no clue. I've read capacity at that venue is much less. Any details? Thx!
MobileVortex wrote:i'm not sure how many are sold, but walking past the park IDK how they could fit 20k people in there. I saw that recently 17 people got hurt at a Kanye show. Stay safe everyone.
Agreed.....didn't look like that big of place
munchieswolf
Bronco's Fan

Post by munchieswolf »

lachrymologist wrote:They basically refused to answer any questions about the new album but did say that there should be real progress now that the lawsuit is out of the way.
Should have been booed out of the building at this point.