Justin interviewed in Rolling Stone Australia Magazine

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Justin was interviewed by Rolling Stones Robyn Doreian during the recent interview frenzy, and it's just appeared on the shelves this month. Here's a snippet:

"It's never taken us this long," he says. "If it's not happening, then it's just not happening. We will not put out something we are not satisfied with. We are a bit slower this time. We are older, we are different and our situations are different. We are just accepting of the fact that it's going to take a lot more patience."

He mentions it's unlikely the album will be out in 2013. Justin also talks about maturing as a person, M.T.void and how he expects the coming tour to draw from old and newer material during a "sensory overload" spanning several hours. Over all a relatively short interview, but full of interesting snippets.

For those wanting a copy, I purchased mine for just over $5 via the Google Play store. Here's a link, though I'm not sure if it will be available to non-Australians.

Thanks to Calfium Jay for the tip.

Whisp
Maynard Believer

Post by Whisp »

"and how he expects the coming tour to draw from old and newer material during a “sensory overload” spanning several hours."

Fuck yes.
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

Does anyone fancy quoting what he said about the new material for those who can't read it?
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

We'll see come April. Justin has more credibility in his thumb than Danny Carey - all 6 foot 5 inches of him.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

BellJH said
Does anyone fancy quoting what he said about the new material for those who can't read it?

I've quoted the only thing he said about new material.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Here is the interview in all it's glory for those interested....

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Sounds like they have writers block? "If its not happening, it's just not happening. " Who knows when the hell this will come out. To me, it just sounds like they really aren't into the band anymore. Adam says they've become a lot more distant now. I guess that could be taken several ways. Maynard seems to care more about Puscifer and his wine. Its just hard to see where their mind is at. I really haven't heard anything positive about the band or album as of late.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Any chance of a different link or copy and paste please someone? The link doesnt work in my country...
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Ah sorry just saw that its not free,thought it was an online article or something,no worries nevermind.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

fuck if only id just read the other posts! feel free to delete my posts.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I wonder what the deal is with the hollywood recording studio? Do you think he means the loft? Blair just posted something about the loft being renovated  too  btw.
king
Maynard Believer

Post by king »

"I really haven’t heard anything positive about the band or album as of late."

Listen to Adams last radio interview he sounded super positive, i think its gonna be Epic.
Though i dont think we'l see it til around 2015 or 2016.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

ugggg
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I like how for an interview with Justin, MJK gets a bigger photo displayed than said interviewee.
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not the news I was hoping for, but it is definitely a relief to hear SOME news.  

I am jealous as hell of you fuckers getting these upcoming shows.  Still, I hope they get their shit together and finish the album rather than continue touring after these gigs.  Stating the obvious I know.
Ki77aan :twisted:
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

“Casual Fan”
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Bogart Said:
March 21, 2013 at 7:08 am
Sounds like they have writers block? “If its not happening, it’s just not happening. ” Who knows when the hell this will come out. To me, it just sounds like they really aren’t into the band anymore. Adam says they’ve become a lot more distant now. I guess that could be taken several ways. Maynard seems to care more about Puscifer and his wine. Its just hard to see where their mind is at. I really haven’t heard anything positive about the band or album as of late.

Zwerewolf Responds: I don't think they have writers block. I think when he's saying "If its not happening, it's just not happening." he's referring to the past. When Adam spoke of the distance he was speaking about when they last disbanded. When they've spoken of practicing and writing recently all three of them have had very positive reviews.
They'll Definitely mesh again there's not doubt about it. I really liked how he said that he's "become more mature" and isn't such a kid anymore. Especially hearing that he's been the main driving force behind the writing sessions which thoroughly excites me because he's such an intricately woven piece of this band and to the more sub-par listeners of the band he probably doesn't even stand out. That's about to change I believe.
I think I'm most interested to hear who they select a producer. I really really really really really want to hear they select Dave Bottrill again. That formula seemed to work very well for their best two albums.

Best Regards,
-Z
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

lol

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

If it wasn't already, Justin's contribution to the band is FIRMLY cemented into your brain once you've seen them live, casual fan or not.
Undertowjones
Maynard Believer

Post by Undertowjones »

It's looking like I'm going to have to take a second mortgage to pay for all these puppies....... Sigh.
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Looking more like 2014 for the new album, as predicted. I really hope they go with David Bottrill again as well. He really captures what they truly sound like live. While Baressi was good...on 10,000 Days he made Tool sound more typical. And the main driving force of the band, (Danny's drums), were kind of buried in the overall mix.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Bottrill! Bottrill! Bottrill! Well said VOID. I'll also predict 2014. Sounds like everything is on schedule. The new SPIN article with Adam sheds light. He's been so positive lately.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

I hope they don't go with Bottrill again.  Like Bottrill mentioned in that documentary, they creatively did their thing and it's time to move on to something else.  Remember, change is good.

I also think it's a little bullshit that Maynard gets a huge pic while Justin gets a thumbnail on Justin's interview.

The MTvoid part was interesting.  Seems like he realizes having Mohamed sing in Polish was a bad idea.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

@phox
Bottrill, right before saying that they needed to move on, said he'd love to work with them again but understood that they needed to move on. I think they need to move back to him and that would be the change they need. He brought out the best in TOOL and moving to Joe Baressi (10,000 Days) was not the best move. Adam didn't like Bottrill in the beginning because he was more drum based and didn't know so much about guitar. My guess is Bottrill learned everything he needed to know about guitar by the time Lateralus was finished. Bottrill will be perfect...