Tool @ Monster Mash Music Fest, 10/31/15

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: Tool @ Monster Mash Music Fest, 10/31/15

Post by nxrm »

Lucky folks indeed. Tool definitely made it worth it for those fans tonight.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Reddit peeps have confirmed that No Quarter and The Grudge were played and there are pics of the guys (or at least May Jay) dressing up as Led Zep members.
Hey! Denty!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

No Quarter
The Grudge
Parabol/Parabola
Opiate (extended)
Schism
Aenima
Killer Ambient Jam with video!
Jambi (talk box malfunction)
46/2
Perfected Synth/Drum Danny solo.
Vicarious
Stinkfist (extended)
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Tool @ Monster Mash Music Fest, 10/31/15

Post by blacksabbath »

The good news. It's Halloween. The bad news. We aren't Led Zeppelin.
This was an incredible show. The stage show was beyond unbelievable. The sound was clear and crazy loud. Maynard was really talkative and exchanged a lyrics in parabola to say , stay inside my Justin and Arizona. At first I thought Maynard was dressed in drag, but was actually Robert Plant for Halloween. The part where Plant used to say, "Does anybody remember laughter?" Maynard changed to, "Does anybody remember Napster?" And he imitated the high pitched voice too.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

They came out of the blocks charging but back half of the set didnt bring any surprises.. they usually bring out 2 - 3 old songs they haven't played in a while each tour, so this doesnt seem too overly different other than the choices of songs to rehash are all top quality. Still a great setlist, just thought when i saw the first few songs, it was gonna be something stupidly special.

Be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on the no lateralus.. personally would be spewing, but thats only coz that song live does thing to me.
Listen to All Them Witches
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I would have rather had a crazy extended lateralus instead of vicarious and stinkfist. Honestly. I don't care to ever hear aenima or stinkfist live ever again.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Looking forward to checking it all out on the inevitable Youtube clips. Good times! if I knew I was gonna made redundant I would have given more serious thought to going!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

ImageImageImage
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

blacksabbath wrote:I would have rather had a crazy extended lateralus instead of vicarious and stinkfist. Honestly. I don't care to ever hear aenima or stinkfist live ever again.
Im more like that with Jambi & Vicarious but i suppose they gotta play all the hits as well to try and get a balanced response.

Sounds like ya had a great time which is what it's all about though. Jealous mate
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

Busty McCracken wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:I would have rather had a crazy extended lateralus instead of vicarious and stinkfist. Honestly. I don't care to ever hear aenima or stinkfist live ever again.
Im more like that with Jambi & Vicarious but i suppose they gotta play all the hits as well to try and get a balanced response.

Sounds like ya had a great time which is what it's all about though. Jealous mate

I'm on the fence with vicarious, but Jambi always blows my mind. And I don't want to make you jealous. I just want post a few things, so y'all don't have to wait.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post away mate, we all aappreciate the updates
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

It's looks like it was a special night for a few TOOL fans. Glad you guys had a blast, lucky fuckers.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Jambi was bad ass with the new stage set! New festival lighting and video was amazing! I'm sure just refreshing because it was bet too
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

More please!

I don't reckon there would be many that would rather Vicarious over Lateralus. Given how much Maynard appears to skim over sections of Vicarious, I'm constantly amazed it remains in the set.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Wow. I just the chills. I'm having live TOOL withdrawals. It's been too long. Come back down under fuckers!!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Nah , 3 visits on the one album is enough for me. I dont want the bastards back until they have a new album under there belts.

Living in north qld i shudder to think how much money ive spent to see them each time when ya tally up flights, accomdation, tickets, food, drinks, pharmaceuticals
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

https://vimeo.com/144259869https://vimeo.com/144259939https://vimeo.com/144260009https://vimeo.com/144260073ImageImageImage

That's really all I took because I didn't want to be rude to the people behind me with my phone up in the air the whole time, and of course, interrupt my enjoyment of the show. Lol.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

azbay wrote:Jambi was bad ass with the new stage set! New festival lighting and video was amazing! I'm sure just refreshing because it was bet too
Yes it was. It actually blew me back a couple times. Too bad I couldn't find you guys. It was a mess of people in there!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Show was incredible. TOOL brought the heat tonight. But I am officially retiring from festival shows. All the amazing visuals revolved around the heptagram.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Busty McCracken wrote:Nah , 3 visits on the one album is enough for me. I dont want the bastards back until they have a new album under there belts.

Living in north qld i shudder to think how much money ive spent to see them each time when ya tally up flights, accomdation, tickets, food, drinks, pharmaceuticals
Old TOOL is better than no TOOL at all. I'd be more than happy to see them without a new album. We have to appreciate what we can get.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I feel ya man. My lower back was killing me the whole time.

So my brother got the whole drum solo, but couldn't text me the whole thing and the video is shit, but the sound seems good enough on my phone. https://vimeo.com/144260804
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

blacksabbath wrote: https://vimeo.com/144260804

That was awesome. Why don't they do shit like THAT right there on the new album.....?!?!?!?!
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris