MMA/UFC

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: MMA/UFC

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

BlackHole83 wrote:Well I was avoiding the results for the other fights so I can watch them but all good man. Is crazy Arlovski making a legitimate comeback? I've always loved that psycho. Can't wait to watch now. Just waiting to get off work
as a guy who didn't believe it a few years ago I can honestly tell you that Arlovski is making a legitimate comeback. he might get the winner of Cain and Werdum which is scary but I mean why not go for it. he's in it to win it so might as well train hard and hope whoever wins that fight has an off night. he could win the belt, you never know. that's why the UFC is so great, did anyone think that DC or Dos Anjos would have a strap right now? I didn't. or Weidman?! anything is possible.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I knew DC would eventually pull through. He's a class act and a wrestling beast. Get your shit together !!! As much I like Arlovski I don't like his chances versus either. Cain isn't going anywhere man.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

better save some of those July 4th fireworks for the 11th....oooooo weeee.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

if aliens land and ask me "what is this MMA? what is the UFC?" I would show them this one fight. if you haven't seen it before, NO one throws down with more pride then two Mexican savages. this is my favorite all time UFC fight, Gilbert Melendez vs Diego Sanchez. if you haven't heard of these guys or seen it before, strap the fuck in and take a looksie.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I've seen about 100 or so UFC PPV's over the past 16 years, Saturday night July 11th was the BEST top to bottom I've ever seen. god damn what a night...
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Rory came out to 46 & 2, awesome shit. this was the best fight I've ever seen. ever.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UFC 193: On Sale Press Conference Highlights

UFC champions Ronda Rousey and Joanna Jedrzejczyk take the stage with their challengers Holly Holm and Valerie Letourneau for the UFC 193 ticket on-sale press conference. This is going to take place in Australia in November and is going to challenge the ALL TIME sell out gate for a UFC event. you lucky bastards.

Plus Mark Hunt vs Big Foot Silva Part 2!!! a rematch of the greatest heavy weight fight I've ever seen.

BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Did anyone watch Rowdy get knocked the fuck out this past weekend? Lol. I called that shit, too bad I didn't make any bets.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

She was outmatched from the very beginning. Holm wasn't intimidated by her shit, had a gameplan, and executed-the-fuck out of it.
I like to poop naked.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

^ Now maybe the world can collectively shut the fuck up about Rousey being able to compete with UFC men around her weight class. It was absurd and foolish to begin with. The second she stepped in with a legitimate striker she got sent to the hospital, a striker that wouldn't last 10 seconds in the ring with a decent male fighter at Bantamweight.

Oh and now Joe Rogan can shut the fuck up. My god you would have thought the man was getting his dick sucked by Rousey the way he would wax poetic about her. Oops Joey, your girl got knocked the fuck out by a nobody.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Oh and now Joe Rogan can shut the fuck up. My god you would have thought the man was getting his dick sucked by Rousey the way he would wax poetic about her. Oops Joey, your girl got knocked the fuck out by a nobody.
Than you'll like his reaction to the KO:

[thumbnail]https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTngKEh ... /giphy.gif[/thumbnail]
I like to poop naked.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

markuspoop wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Oh and now Joe Rogan can shut the fuck up. My god you would have thought the man was getting his dick sucked by Rousey the way he would wax poetic about her. Oops Joey, your girl got knocked the fuck out by a nobody.
Than you'll like his reaction to the KO:

[thumbnail]https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTngKEh ... /giphy.gif[/thumbnail]
Holly Holm was definitely not a nobody if you follow MMA at all. she was brought into the UFC to fight Ronda and her first two fights (or three?) were BORING AS FUCK. my guess is she was just playing safe until she got the title fight because she knew she would dust Ronda, and if that was her play? she was 100% correct. that's what happens when a top level striker fights a judo practitioner (who's strong but smaller in stature) who wants to fight a stand up fight. bad move from her camp. result? you get knocked the fuck out.

same thing happened when Jon Jones (same camp as Holly) fought Daniel Cormier. you have a top level striker fighting an elite wrestler (who's strong but smaller in stature) and decides to trade strikes. only Cormier had a better chin and took it five brutal rounds, he still got waxed.

best part of the night was Joanna brutalizing Valerie and successfully defending her title but no one is talking about that clinic the Polish chick put on because no one watched the PPV. they watched Ronda on their phone, on Facebook.

UFC 194 will be fucking epic though, the entire card. you can't watch that on social media and grasp the depth that night will have. sure if Aldo knocks out McGregor you can see it on Vine but in order to understand the gravity of what it's going to be like in Vegas on December 12th you have to order it. or come by my parents, we're doing it there. no wings and chips either, pasta and bread because that's how we do it yo. :lol:

more regarding 194 from an email I sent my friends and family:

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC194#/fight

all in all this night is going to be EPIC. probably the greatest UFC PPV of ALL TIME. mark it down on your calendar, we'll all be looking for a place to watch it. maybe by my parents? more details to come.

everyone knows the top two fights but check out the rest of this card!!!

#1 McGregor vs Aldo...for the unified Feather Weight belt....nuff said

#2 Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold...for the Middle Weight belt....nuff said

#3 Jacare Souza vs Joel Romero is 2-3 years in the making, whoever wins will get the title shot of the Weidman vs Rockhold winner. this is going to be a CLASH of titans for real, just look at the two of them. they're fast, strong, evenly matched masters of the octagon. Joel is a Cuban Olympic wrestler and Souza is one of the greatest Brazilian black belts on the planet earth.

#4 then you got Demian Maia vs Gunnar Nelson which is a ground game WAR, two of the best black belts on the mat coming together. straight chess match, it's going to be fun hearing Rogan call it.

#5 Max Holloway vs Jeremy Stephens, two VERY exciting fighters, violent, fast, technical, steel chins. stylistically this is going to be amazing, a no brainer for possible fight of the night.

#6 the fucking Fox prelims headline with Uriah Faber vs Frankie Saenz, NO WAY this goes to decision. Faber is lightning fast and Saenz is pretty much someone I don't know. so look for Uriah to choke this dude out quick. lol

#7 Tecia Torres vs Michelle Waterson - two very good female fighters. Michelle "The Karate Hottie" is an Invicta MMA womens champ and undefeated. this is her UFC debut. plus you got Torres, who is a very accomplished striker. and not for nothing but they're both pretty damn cute...check em out...Tecia is STACKED. I've watched her videos training, she's a beast...and Michelle is Maxim hot lol.

BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

:) well said my friend. I couldn't have said it any better. Hopefully I won't be working for 194, it's going to be one helluva night.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
markuspoop wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
Holly Holm was definitely not a nobody if you follow MMA at all. she was brought into the UFC to fight Ronda and her first two fights (or three?) were BORING AS FUCK. my guess is she was just playing safe until she got the title fight because she knew she would dust Ronda, and if that was her play? she was 100% correct. that's what happens when a top level striker fights a judo practitioner (who's strong but smaller in stature) who wants to fight a stand up fight. bad move from her camp. result? you get knocked the fuck out.

same thing happened when Jon Jones (same camp as Holly) fought Daniel Cormier. you have a top level striker fighting an elite wrestler (who's strong but smaller in stature) and decides to trade strikes. only Cormier had a better chin and took it five brutal rounds, he still got waxed.

best part of the night was Joanna brutalizing Valerie and successfully defending her title but no one is talking about that clinic the Polish chick put on because no one watched the PPV. they watched Ronda on their phone, on Facebook.

UFC 194 will be fucking epic though, the entire card. you can't watch that on social media and grasp the depth that night will have. sure if Aldo knocks out McGregor you can see it on Vine but in order to understand the gravity of what it's going to be like in Vegas on December 12th you have to order it. or come by my parents, we're doing it there. no wings and chips either, pasta and bread because that's how we do it yo. :lol:

more regarding 194 from an email I sent my friends and family:

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC194#/fight

all in all this night is going to be EPIC. probably the greatest UFC PPV of ALL TIME. mark it down on your calendar, we'll all be looking for a place to watch it. maybe by my parents? more details to come.

everyone knows the top two fights but check out the rest of this card!!!

#1 McGregor vs Aldo...for the unified Feather Weight belt....nuff said

#2 Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold...for the Middle Weight belt....nuff said

#3 Jacare Souza vs Joel Romero is 2-3 years in the making, whoever wins will get the title shot of the Weidman vs Rockhold winner. this is going to be a CLASH of titans for real, just look at the two of them. they're fast, strong, evenly matched masters of the octagon. Joel is a Cuban Olympic wrestler and Souza is one of the greatest Brazilian black belts on the planet earth.

#4 then you got Demian Maia vs Gunnar Nelson which is a ground game WAR, two of the best black belts on the mat coming together. straight chess match, it's going to be fun hearing Rogan call it.

#5 Max Holloway vs Jeremy Stephens, two VERY exciting fighters, violent, fast, technical, steel chins. stylistically this is going to be amazing, a no brainer for possible fight of the night.

#6 the fucking Fox prelims headline with Uriah Faber vs Frankie Saenz, NO WAY this goes to decision. Faber is lightning fast and Saenz is pretty much someone I don't know. so look for Uriah to choke this dude out quick. lol

#7 Tecia Torres vs Michelle Waterson - two very good female fighters. Michelle "The Karate Hottie" is an Invicta MMA womens champ and undefeated. this is her UFC debut. plus you got Torres, who is a very accomplished striker. and not for nothing but they're both pretty damn cute...check em out...Tecia is STACKED. I've watched her videos training, she's a beast...and Michelle is Maxim hot lol.

Been an MMA fan since the beginning. I was being a sarcastic fuck when I said Holm was a nobody. She is talented female fighter. I am simply pointing out that this Rousey could fight against and beat professional male UFC fighters idea is fucking ridiculous and getting beat up by Holm, who by professional male UFC striking standards ain't shit, illustrates how absurd that bullshit hype PR train was. Rousey gets demolished by any male UFC fighter around that weight class. Now the horseshit Rousey hype dies down and zero fucks are given regarding female UFC fighters as they are inferior to their male counterparts. It is on par with watching the WNBA...no thanks

McGregor/Aldo....now THAT is a fight...that alone is worth the purchase.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

and zero fucks are given regarding female UFC fighters
you know that's a silly statement, come on I expect more from you now. Ronda's division still has Cat Zingano and Miesha Tate, as long as their around there's still fandom and excitement. plus Cyborg is lurking around waiting to fight one of them. a lot of people care about UFC women fighters, watch Watterson and Torres fight at 194 that's going to be a good one. Paige VanZant is becoming a huge star in her own right and when she fights Rose?! god damn that's going to be good. my whole crew is pumped for that, they're going to let fists fly in that fight. and speaking of main stream, have you actually seen those two broads? they put Ronda's "sex appeal" to shame, they're both GORGEOUS. it should get good pub regardless.

and they're both legit fighters and Paige is VERY marketable, likable etc. plus you've got undefeated straw-weight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk, possibly the most technical striker in the women's and men's divisions. no shit bro, you could make that argument. most of the men are grossly inferior to her precise brutal attacking style. plus she's smart as hell. a Muay Thai fighter by trade (27 and 2 record!!) but with her takedown defense and dirty boxing up against the cage? oohhh weee she's 11 and 0 in the octagon.

women's MMA isn't done because Ronda done fucked up and got her head kicked off, she's inspired legions of girls to join the ranks and advanced the sport for decades to come! plus I'm dying to see what Holly does NEXT! Ronda was never going to fight Cyborg at 145-150 she couldn't pull it off and come out a winner. but Holly?! I'm DYING for her to put that cheating Brazilian bitch in her place.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

^ I have no interest in womens MMA. Professional female UFC fighters are inferior to their male counterparts. It is like watching the WNBA. If it inspires girls to train and fight good for them. Whatever makes ya happy at the end of the day. When I pay for a UFC card I want to see fighting at it's highest level. Rousey never impressed me and her bravado and foolishness about competing with the men was humorous at best. Seeing her get hammered by an inferior female striker by professional male standards made me chuckle.

I will talk to you about McGregor/Aldo all day every day. That is the level of fighting I will happily pay to see.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:^ I have no interest in womens MMA. Professional female UFC fighters are inferior to their male counterparts. It is like watching the WNBA. If it inspires girls to train and fight good for them. Whatever makes ya happy at the end of the day. When I pay for a UFC card I want to see fighting at it's highest level. Rousey never impressed me and her bravado and foolishness about competing with the men was humorous at best. Seeing her get hammered by an inferior female striker by professional male standards made me chuckle.

I will talk to you about McGregor/Aldo all day every day. That is the level of fighting I will happily pay to see.

get excited Lord Mog.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I think it's really the dynamics of a fight that are interesting to watch. The strategy and mind of the fighters are more interesting that their bodies. A lot of time the more relaxed fighter wins.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

blacksabbath wrote:I think it's really the dynamics of a fight that are interesting to watch. The strategy and mind of the fighters are more interesting that their bodies. A lot of time the more relaxed fighter wins.
I definitely agree but a lot of the time their physical build is an indication of their style and thus strategy. it's directly related, just look at McGregor, DC, Jon Jones, Weidman and Holm. plus I'm only half serious when I say I'm watching Paige vs Rose because I find them both attractive, you know that. I'm retarded bro. plus I'm a fool for blonde's like Bill was.

THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:I think it's really the dynamics of a fight that are interesting to watch. The strategy and mind of the fighters are more interesting that their bodies. A lot of time the more relaxed fighter wins.
I definitely agree but a lot of the time their physical build is an indication of their style and thus strategy. it's directly related, just look at McGregor, DC, Jon Jones, Weidman and Holm. plus I'm only half serious when I say I'm watching Paige vs Rose because I find them both attractive, you know that. I'm retarded bro. plus I'm a fool for blonde's like Bill was.

NY I love your honesty man. No bullshit no frills. Legit I wish you could take Rogan's spot as a UFC analyst. You are passionate without being pretentious and at some point Joe got too big for his britches.

Like I said I just wanna see McGregor/Aldo. That is gonna be a fucking war.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Cat Zingano and Maynard

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I love Cat, I know about her past and struggles from watching her UFC Embedded videos. her post fight speech after losing to Ronda almost made me cry. real talk.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Take your check and go cowboy. I don't know why anyone doubts Dos Anjos the man is a beast!!! Love how he Called out Conor. He is a true champ, a pure fighter proud at everything he does. Well deserved.

Overeem left hook was on the button, perfect timing just as Junior was figuring him out.

I can't stand Nate Diaz but he had his way with his one two. Really surprise there wasn't a knockout in this one, maybe not enough juice behind those punches. They were flying though. Nate still can't compete with RDA though

I was really impressed with the return of Tamdan McCrory. Dude has mad ground skills. He was mixing it up on the ground looking to submit in anyway possible and finally got the triangle choke.

Overall good card. Look forward to Lawler/Condit
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

BlackHole83 wrote:Take your check and go cowboy. I don't know why anyone doubts Dos Anjos the man is a beast!!! Love how he Called out Conor. He is a true champ, a pure fighter proud at everything he does. Well deserved.

Overeem left hook was on the button, perfect timing just as Junior was figuring him out.

I can't stand Nate Diaz but he had his way with his one two. Really surprise there wasn't a knockout in this one, maybe not enough juice behind those punches. They were flying though. Nate still can't compete with RDA though

I was really impressed with the return of Tamdan McCrory. Dude has mad ground skills. He was mixing it up on the ground looking to submit in anyway possible and finally got the triangle choke.

Overall good card. Look forward to Lawler/Condit
Condit vs Lawlor is going to be a WAR of attrition, they're going to need a mop for all of the blood that will be spilled. don't sleep on the Diaz brothers, ever. Nate abused Michael Johnson which blew me away bro, took him apart mentally, physically. god damn. RDA is a beastman, I've never seen Cerrone get waxed like that before!! the knee to the body, the kick to the ribs (same area) then those three, four power punches to the head. he's smaller in stature but he fought BIG and towered over Cowboy, holy Snoke!! how about the Reem and that step left hook from hell?! I love Frankie but I GOTTA see RDA vs Conor man, fuck that rematch shit. RDA is NOT shook at all, he's deadly serious and more mentally sound than Jose by FAR. UFC really pulled it off man, December to remember for reallz. mad props to Joe Silva and the rest of the UFC brass and the camps keeping everyone healthy and in great shape. and wait, IT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO BEING OVER YET!!

Boston January 17th on a Sunday night for FREE, TJ vs Cruz, god damn. Showtime vs Alvarez, Browne vs Mitrione. then for FREE AGAIN!! 13 days later in Jersey you got Rumble vs Darth Bader, Tarec vs Ellenberger and Josh Barnett vs Ben Rothwell!!! wow.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Carlos Condit vs Dong Hyun ("Stun Gun") Kim. Free Fight post by the UFC.

one of the greatest knock outs in UFC history.