Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by thesheedspot »

Livenation saying Jan 27th for Charlotte, but Toolband has Jan 26th. Regardless, shut up and continue to take my money!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

"Check back for more info", either it's info about VIP or more dates. Hoping for the best. Won't waste $2k
frikinelmo

Post by frikinelmo »

Hoping for something closer to Louisiana. Considering the 3 day gap between Memphis and Nashville, it seems very possible.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

There will surely be a handful at least added. "Tickets for THESE SHOWS..." is always a tip off, especially with the frantic/hurried way shows are lined up these days. Praying for New Orleans.
frikinelmo

Post by frikinelmo »

Blue circles are unaccounted for days between shows. That 3 day gap after memphis looks promising.

_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

maybe one of the reasons besides cash is that the four of them can be together, without their families for a longer period of time, they can get into the Tool mindset, nurturing ideas and concepts together etc
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Apparently this was only the first batch, https://twitter.com/threeteeth?ref_src= ... r%5Eauthor
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

xZ1mM3r wrote:I live in Wyoming now. But I have lots of family in eugene still. I go back a few times a year.
Wyoming, where the buffalo roam. Cool. You should hit me up if you're in town and not too busy.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

blacksabbath wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:I live in Wyoming now. But I have lots of family in eugene still. I go back a few times a year.
Wyoming, where the buffalo roam. Cool. You should hit me up if you're in town and not too busy.
shout out to Eugene. those damn blue collar tweakers.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:
shout out to Eugene. those damn blue collar tweakers.

Fuck yeah. They run this town.
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

For those who have done VIP, do u get any say on seats when they issue tickets? if not, where were u placed in reference to the stage? I know this is relative, but did u think VIP was worth it? thx!!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

does this count as Tool social media.....?

[youtube][/youtube]

the stuff on youtube blows my mind...
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Well he did say Intention, and talks about tension....
Ahhh, Infotainment!
zander
Bronco's Fan

Post by zander »

Bones wrote:For those who have done VIP, do u get any say on seats when they issue tickets? if not, where were u placed in reference to the stage? I know this is relative, but did u think VIP was worth it? thx!!
They had a stack of tickets that they handed out before we walked in the venue, I think the tickets started at the first or second row and they just went down the line passing out tickets. The seats we great, like I said first and second row. The Q and A was awesome Adams a really great guy. I went to the Houston VIP and we didn't get to see the props and everything but it was still an awesome experience. Second rows seats and the Q and A were worth the money to me, I'm even considering doing it again. Hope this helps.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

zander wrote:
Bones wrote:For those who have done VIP, do u get any say on seats when they issue tickets? if not, where were u placed in reference to the stage? I know this is relative, but did u think VIP was worth it? thx!!
They had a stack of tickets that they handed out before we walked in the venue, I think the tickets started at the first or second row and they just went down the line passing out tickets. The seats we great, like I said first and second row. The Q and A was awesome Adams a really great guy. I went to the Houston VIP and we didn't get to see the props and everything but it was still an awesome experience. Second rows seats and the Q and A were worth the money to me, I'm even considering doing it again. Hope this helps.
Wow, I didn't know the VIP's came with great seats as well. Sounds like an awesome deal actually. Not sure why people are always saying they are too expensive.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

zander wrote:
Thx man, that's helpful. I held a few in the shopping cart and it's a good thing I did. I was trying to get tickets for two different shows using pc and phone......no dice........so I pulled the trigger on the VIPs ......stoked!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

gamebounty wrote:Wow, I didn't know the VIP's came with great seats as well. Sounds like an awesome deal actually. Not sure why people are always saying they are too expensive.
This isn't always the case. The VIP passes for the Monster Mash show and last years North American tour didn't come with any tickets.
Don't mow your lawn
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
gamebounty wrote:Wow, I didn't know the VIP's came with great seats as well. Sounds like an awesome deal actually. Not sure why people are always saying they are too expensive.
This isn't always the case. The VIP passes for the Monster Mash show and last years North American tour didn't come with any tickets.
My VIP last year for phoenix included first/front row tickets, was a cool experience being that close but the sound absolutely sucked where I was. There was a huge bass speaker in front of me that drowned most of everything out especially the vocals. Kinda got shafted on the seating (front row, I know real problems there right?!) I was 5th person in line and the way they distributed out the tickets was far left through right, so I should've been 10 more people back to get the middle....
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

azbay wrote:
UndKeineZwEier wrote:
My VIP last year for phoenix included first/front row tickets, was a cool experience being that close but the sound absolutely sucked where I was. There was a huge bass speaker in front of me that drowned most of everything out especially the vocals. Kinda got shafted on the seating (front row, I know real problems there right?!) I was 5th person in line and the way they distributed out the tickets was far left through right, so I should've been 10 more people back to get the middle....
Thx.....I hear u. It's a double edge sword to be up front. I prefer somewhere between front and sound board
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

Metal Injection has made Adam's log ride photo (the one with with him, Buzz Osborne and Mike Patton) their photo caption contest of the week:
http://www.metalinjection.net/free-swag ... ay-pile-36
frikinelmo

Post by frikinelmo »

Perhaps a KC date added soon? Posted on the Puscifer FB page. Perhaps nothing.

"Momma didn't raise no fool!! See you again soon Kansas City! @gatesbbq"
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

frikinelmo wrote:Perhaps a KC date added soon? Posted on the Puscifer FB page. Perhaps nothing.

"Momma didn't raise no fool!! See you again soon Kansas City! @gatesbbq"
yeah they clearly have another leg of the tour planned...

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

New Interview with Adam...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... g-20151123

TL;DR:
  • Touches on the new album progress: "going well"
  • They are taking a break from writing but have around 20 potential songs. All of which will NOT make the final album. (Likely means a double album is not in their thought process)
  • Decending is part of a larger song. (im guessing its in the 20 minute masterpiece they have referenced for a while now).
  • Maynard is in the loop with the music progress and has written lyrics but he is still working on them. They use Dropbox to share music, man i would love to be in that dropbox group hah.
  • Adam has an interesting take on the recent maynard comment about being "conned" into doing the Tool show. But follows up with saying things are good internally.
  • Adam wants to tour more after this mini tour in early 2016 but says he wants to get the record done first. So thats good news.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

^thanks, pretty interesting read. I like Adams response to the 'con' comment, I have always thought that it is kinda messed up how much aversion maynard has towards Tool fans, when they (us) have been for the most part the starting base for his other projects. Especially his wine/tasting room, if you hope to one day run into the man himself, word of advice don't go in wearing a Tool shirt. Which is a shame because who do you think was 90% of the population attending his wine kick off with the in store signings? I was starting to get into the wine thing and I do thank him for helping me progress even more and appreciate what goes into it. I do get also that there have been many many creepers and even threats made to him from said 'Tool' fans, so I get the concept of avoiding any chance of running into that. My girl cracks up the staff when there's someone going on and on in there and she's like "who's maynard?" Gotta say it is a bit amusing lol. But after all that said his staff is freaking totally awesome! And have a tight community and bond with the other great wine makers in that area. if you have time, enjoy drinking wine, then the whole Jerome, Clarkdale, and Cottonwood tasting rooms are great to experience and they love what they do as well as hearing the experience you are having there. Sorry went on a little ramble here. ...but yeah thanks for the cool Adam interview read
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Good interview, very informative. Thats all I got.
Hey! Denty!