Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

cheeseballs said

And that is why they are called the Crapitals.  LOL
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

But yet, this beautiful Monday morning is somehow

so refreshing and I can't put my finger on it...

maybe, just maybe

it's because

I whopped "poops" ass last week?

That must be it, yup!

Poopers lost to me again!

OH I'm so sorry!

Thanks for playing

When will he learn.

tsk

tsk 

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

http://teamselector.footballaustralia.c ... 08b23bf851

Not a perfect team, but the best I can come up with on a cursory glance.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

badkittygothgirl said

cheeseballs said

And that is why they are called the Crapitals.  LOL

I got nothing.  We do suck this year.  This is Chicago's year.  They are the best team I have seen assembled in a very long time.  Good luck to any team trying to beat them in a seven game series.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

^Yeah, it may not have been the best time (though it needed to be done) to bring in a new coach to implement a new system in a shortened year where most, if not all, of your defensive guys didn't play any hockey overseas during the lockout.  And all that hype about Holtby after last years playoff run for him, just blew the fuck up.

That said, fuck the Red Wings and Sabres.  And double fuck the Atlanta Thrashers, oh wait.............
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said
^Yeah, it may not have been the best time (though it needed to be done) to bring in a new coach to implement a new system in a shortened year where most, if not all, of your defensive guys didn't play any hockey overseas during the lockout.  And all that hype about Holtby after last years playoff run for him, just blew the fuck up.

That said, fuck the Red Wings and Sabres.  And double fuck the Atlanta Thrashers, oh wait.............

That would be the Winnipeg Thrashers.

And fuck you for 'fuck you'ing' the Red Wings, you penisless bloodspot, you.

Although I will say this, poopshitter, my good man

Unless you choke  this coming week (like your girlfriend did the other night while I was tickling her tonsils with my tippy tip), you should win the regular season title this year.  Oh, congratulations ahead of time...ha

Big deal, I know; because the regular season matters nothing (nothing's matter my taint!).  I will, however, do everything within my power to stop you as will the Maulers I'm sure.

Good luck buck

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Yes I'm well aware of the Thrashers move to Winnipeg.  Just wanted to take a nice, low-blow (like the ones your girl enjoys giving), pot-shot, cheap-shot at our ATL-based hockey fans since their local team totally dipped out on 'em.

Hey I have no problem winning the regular season and the postseason.  Should be a piece of cake.  Especially since the competition is so sub-par.  I mean, what jackhole picks up and drops Wayne Simmonds 5-6 times a year like he's got a case of the clap.  Oh wait, it's the guy who does have the clap who makes those roster decisions with Simmonds.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said
Yes I'm well aware of the Thrashers move to Winnipeg.  Just wanted to take a nice, low-blow (like the ones your girl enjoys giving), pot-shot, cheap-shot at our ATL-based hockey fans since their local team totally dipped out on 'em.

Hey I have no problem winning the regular season and the postseason.  Should be a piece of cake.  Especially since the competition is so sub-par.  I mean, what jackhole picks up and drops Wayne Simmonds 5-6 times a year like he's got a case of the clap.  Oh wait, it's the guy who does have the clap who makes those roster decisions with Simmonds.

You're right, my girl is a whore.  Nevertheless you will ultimately lose.  No one can overcome the power of cheese.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Just a quick NBA note in a thread overrun with Hackney... uh, Hockey...

Beyond stoked that my Warriors pulled out a 30 point decimation on the fuckin' Rockets tonight, who were only .5 games behind us!  That was a huge win, and gives me a little hope that we may not only sneak into the playoffs, but may even squeeze into the second round... depending on who we get seeded against, and of course assuming we don't choke yet again... all we need to do is stay healthy and on pace and we have a fighting chance.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130317/GSWHOU/gameinfo.html
Ki77aan :twisted:
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

^Speaking of NBA, my 'Zards have been surprisingly decent since Wall returned.  Only hope this improved play doesn't mean they lose a good draft slot and also hope it doesn't mean Ernie Grunfeld is back as GM.
I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

NBA....King James rules all the land.  Heat have won 22 straight games.  Shit is crazy.  DWade is healthy and playing the best ball I have seen him play in a long time.  Repeat bitches.

@Kittaan - Fuckin love what the Warriors are doing.  Big Steph Curry fan.  The guy is one helluva shooter.  But let's be real, GS can't beat OKC or the Spurs in 7.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Poop - yeah, I've watched them at least a couple of times this season, and there's more talent there than the standings reflect.  Wall is impressive most of the time, but he's also taken a dump when it counted.  Something I'm used to with the dubs, obviously.

@ Moggie - Yeah, Steph is the man (most of the time - see above).  So glad we locked him up while his ankle was still questionable.  He's looking pretty solid on that front so far - knock on Tyson's head.  

You are exactly right on the best of 7 matchups.  We can't compete with Timmie or Kevin there.  But I like our chances against the Clips.  That would be our best shot and it may be the way it shakes out.  I honestly will be happy with making the playoffs, considering our dismal record there over the last 2 decades.  Getting out of the first round would just be gravy... and clearly we're not going any farther than that without some major roster changes.  That being said, I'm really happy with the progress we've made this year and hope it continues.

And the Heat?  22 and counting is beyond impressive.  Just glad we already had our turn with them (split the season) before this run...  They may just take it all again, but they will work for it.  They are studly, but don't match up with some contenders as well as others.  And again, the 7 game series will be challenging on matchups.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

March Madness Time...Final Four Picks

Duke

vs.

Ohio State 

Michigan

vs.

Indiana

Final - Duke vs. Indiana

Champion - Duke
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

mogeffingmog said

Duke

vs.

Ohio State 

Michigan

vs.

Indiana

Final - Duke vs. Indiana

Champion - Duke

Every big game I've watched Michigan play they've lost. Did I mention how much I hate basketball? Every time I watch it some sissy is faking an injury. "Aww shit that dude dunked! He's only 7 foot tall and he dunked? Wow let's make it an ESPN top 10 play!"

Meh I'll stick to watching hockey. Even if my team keeps disappointing me. Better than the drama surrounding all the other sports.

Okay I'm done. Carry on fellas.

SteveBobSteve
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

mogeffingmog said

Duke

vs.

Ohio State 

Michigan

vs.

Indiana

Final - Duke vs. Indiana

Champion - Duke

Fuck that.  Duke's not winning shit because more often than not Coach Ratface will have his team flame out in the 2nd or 3rd round.  Fuck Duke.  Fuck 'em straight to Hell.

Hoping Miami can make it pretty far.  Seems like lots of people are sleeping on them.

I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

markuspoop said

mogeffingmog said

Duke

vs.

Ohio State 

Michigan

vs.

Indiana

Final - Duke vs. Indiana

Champion - Duke

Fuck that.  Duke's not winning shit because more often than not Coach Ratface will have his team flame out in the 2nd or 3rd round.  Fuck Duke.  Fuck 'em straight to Hell.

Hoping Miami can make it pretty far.  Seems like lots of people are sleeping on them.

You are just sour because of the rivalry with the Terps.  Which is understandable.  I am a diehard Terps fan and am sour as hell about them getting snubbed this year.  However, unlike most Maryland fans, I do respect Duke.  Coach K builds consistently excellent teams.  The guy has won 4 national championships.  With Kelly back and healthy I think Duke will win it all. 

Everyone is jumping on the Louisville bandwagon but I don't think they even deserved the top overall seed.  That should have went to Indiana if you look at their body of work this year.

As for the Terps, I am already looking forward to next year.  We are so young and the team is full of talent.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

sure, basketball is a sport... for ladies... at a high school and collegiate level... maybe... when travelling isn't actually accepted
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

AS noted in the above picture, I only watch basketbrawl-

bring back the bad boys baby.

Other than that, Duke sucks puss-filled sore-

Go BLUE!  
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

mogeffingmog said

markuspoop said

mogeffingmog said

Duke

vs.

Ohio State 

Michigan

vs.

Indiana

Final - Duke vs. Indiana

Champion - Duke

You are just sour because of the rivalry with the Terps.  Which is understandable.  I am a diehard Terps fan and am sour as hell about them getting snubbed this year.  However, unlike most Maryland fans, I do respect Duke.  Coach K builds consistently excellent teams.  The guy has won 4 national championships.  With Kelly back and healthy I think Duke will win it all. 

Everyone is jumping on the Louisville bandwagon but I don't think they even deserved the top overall seed.  That should have went to Indiana if you look at their body of work this year.

As for the Terps, I am already looking forward to next year.  We are so young and the team is full of talent.

The Terps didn't get snubbed at all.  Having a weak non-conference schedule plus some terrible losses at like BC, at GT, and twice 2 FL. St. are what doomed the Terps.  They weren't snubbed.  Lot of inconsistent play from lots of guys on their roster (especially Len) and not having a real, bonafide point guard are what did 'em in.

I can respect Coach K while also thinking he's a bit of a cry-baby when his teams lose and that teams of his caliber more often than not underachieve once the get into the tourney.

As for the Terps next year.  Looks like they got a pretty good recruiting class coming in, plus having a year of experience for Cleare and Mitchell should help alot if/when Len leave.  Really think Len shouldn't leave b/c he's just not ready (a guy who is 7 feet should not disappear for long stretches of games and/or get dominated by guys smaller than he is, but both of those cases happened too much this year) bu the allure of NBA money will probably be too much.  Having Wells back for his senior year should be awesome too.

Oh and Mog, where do you come down on this whole O's/Ravens scheduling snafu?

I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

This is a trip

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/906 ... revolution

Interested to see what comes of it.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

doesn't look like hockey to me
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ They could apply the same principles to a hockey game.  But what a colossal waste of time and effort, right?  I know!  
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

mogeffingmog said

Duke

vs.

Ohio State 

Michigan

vs.

Indiana

Final - Duke vs. Indiana

Champion - Duke

What's that about Duke, again?
I like to poop naked.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

snazzlefrass said

Every big game I've watched Michigan play they've lost. Did I mention how much I hate basketball? Every time I watch it some sissy is faking an injury.

That dude on Louisville wasn't faking an injury, that's for sure.  Ouch
I like to poop naked.