snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

UndKeineEier said

markuspoop said

petemasterpete said
Lou Pearlman

Nah.  Let's see what Ron Pearlman could do producing Tool's next album.

I want to see Ron Paul's Tool

Gross.

My overall impression of the interview has already been said here. I'll just say I'm glad they are taking their time.

Justin, mature? Does this mean I can't buy him a beer and smoke a j with him? Fuck that. I will say I'm excited to see how this affects his playing. Hopefully for the best.
SteveBobSteve
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

@bogart Totally agree.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Zwerewolf said
UndKeineEier
March 21, 2013 at 5:07 pm
markuspoop said

petemasterpete said
Lou Pearlman

Nah. Let’s see what Ron Pearlman could do producing Tool’s next album.

I want to see Ron Paul’s Tool album.

Wow... seriousness... congrats guys you're officially not funny.

Thank you for the kind compliment.

I like to poop naked.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

vvanna follovv me on instagram for more vvay less funny?
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

The drums on 10,000 Days DO sound good. You just can't hear them very well sometimes, or in great detail. It takes away from the impact of a lot of what Danny does. A lot of what makes his playing unique are the nuances within it.

The only song on 10KD where the drums are mixed at a good/similar level to Aenima and Lateralus is on Vicarious. Listen to the volume level of the drums on Viacrious vs. the rest of the album. You'll hear the difference.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

10,000 days had terrible production for a band like Tool, they used to lead in productions techniques, with 10,000 days they just followed.

Boo urns
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

petemasterpete said
vvanna follovv me on instagram for more vvay less funny?

Ovvch!
Ki77aan :twisted:
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

@drury-in that interview justin says they are 'right in the middle' of making the album so to me that says they arent nearly done yet,but I might be wrong!

10,000 days was the first Tool album I got into,thought it was great then and still do. Dont really have a favorite Tool album,it really just depends what mood im in but overall ive probably listened to undertow and aenima the most.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Whisp said
"and how he expects the coming tour to draw from old and newer material during a “sensory overload” spanning several hours."

Fuck yes.

Yeah pretty excited about this aspect. Hints at a longer and more varied setlist than what they've done over the last few years.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

It would be nice if they told Alex Grey and Joe Barressi to kindly fuck off and bring back David Bottrill and Cam De Leon into the fold (the art/production elements which made them great). The other two were amateurs.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

doors said
The other two were amateurs.

One of the most ignorant statements I've ever read on this board.  You're not the only one who'd like them to use someone other than Alex Grey, but his work is a long way from "amateur".  Same goes for Joe Baressi.  Let's not forget it was Tool who called themselves the producers on 10,000 Days.  Buck stops with them, not the engineer.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

hellboy1975 said

doors said
The other two were amateurs.

One of the most ignorant statements I've ever read on this board.  You're not the only one who'd like them to use someone other than Alex Grey, but his work is a long way from "amateur".  Same goes for Joe Baressi.  Let's not forget it was Tool who called themselves the producers on 10,000 Days.  Buck stops with them, not the engineer.

I'm flattered HB. At the end of the day Baressi was giving advice -  and shit advice at that.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

doors said 

I'm flattered HB. At the end of the day Baressi was giving advice -  and shit advice at that.

Really, 10,000 Days didn't sound that bad at all.  If the next album sounds just as "bad" as that I won't lose a seconds sleep.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Alex Grey amateur? Oh lordy.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

i would think the sound system , be it full on surround sound to heaphones , would be the determining factor for sound quality..

go taff!
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

joeypants said
If it wasn't already, Justin's contribution to the band is FIRMLY cemented into your brain once you've seen them live, casual fan or not.

Absolutely Agreed!
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Since Zwere so conveniently revived a "dead" thread, do any of you note a disparity between the sound quality of Vicarious on the album itself and the music video DVD? It annoys the hell out of me that I enjoy watching the video every once in a while, but the sound quality is shit. Then again, it could be the TV speakers and whatnot...I have always noticed a difference and it is very frustrating.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

James said
Since Zwere so conveniently revived a "dead" thread, do any of you note a disparity between the sound quality of Vicarious on the album itself and the music video DVD? It annoys the hell out of me that I enjoy watching the video every once in a while, but the sound quality is shit. Then again, it could be the TV speakers and whatnot...I have always noticed a difference and it is very frustrating.

I've never noticed personally, but will test this later today...
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I've noticed it.
Don't mow your lawn
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Same story with the Salival DVD videos as well, Stinkfist especially sounds really tinny.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

the vicarious DVD sounds like dogshit