Zwerewolf said
Buy concert tickets with your $150.
Buy an instrument with your $150.
Buy a hooker with your $150.
Buy a sex toy with your $150.
Buy a bag of shrooms with your $150.
Buy a pet with your $150.
Buy a phone with your $150.
Buy something that's not going to sit on the shelf and collect dust with your $150.
Buy you and a bunch of friends pizza and beer with your $150.
All of these things will give you better memories and leave your ass far less sore than spending $150 on Opiate... let's not forget that's all this is... Yay... they signed it...

^ haha! Post of the day ^

Although I gotta question the sex toy part.  I personally have never put anything in my ass but I gotta imagine it would leave you feeling sore.  Fuck where is Tyson he could shed some light on this for us.

chair
Bronco's Fan

Post by chair »

snazzlefrass said
I wonder if we'll ever find out what that Golden Ticket is for. Slim chance the recipient will be a Fourtheye member, but hey, once again, time will tell.

I was wondering that myself; probably a collective Thanks! from the band in an e-mail or something.
adrian
Maynard Believer

Post by adrian »

Looks like Version 5 is sold out on TA. Still can't do it.

@Zwerewolf

That's one expensive sex toy...it better do some amazing things
elp5000
My pain is just an excuse

Post by elp5000 »

snazzlefrass said
I wonder if we'll ever find out what that golden ticket is for. Slim chance the recipient will be a fourtheye member, but hey, once again time will tell.

This just in from BMB:

The Golden Ticket entitles you to a Golden Shower by all four Members of Tool at The Loft..

;-}~
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

elp5000 said

snazzlefrass said
I wonder if we'll ever find out what that golden ticket is for. Slim chance the recipient will be a fourtheye member, but hey, once again time will tell.

This just in from BMB:

The Golden Ticket entitles you to a Golden Shower by all four Members of Tool at The Loft..

;-}~

Well shit. Sign me up for 6 of each version.

SteveBobSteve
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Well Mog, just wanted to say you were right about all of it...

-The reason a new album is taking so long is solely because the band is lazy - they admitted this themselves

-The Opiate release is really gay, and people actually still want to buy it for $150. I mean guys come on, you have to be a moron...seriously...like...for reals guys. lol

-The band consistently lie/stretch the truth about their motivation and/or reasons for doing things. They also lie about what they will or will not do in the future (no tours before a new album, etc...)

-They're at this point undeserving of the dedicated fan-base they have

You've got to give it to him guys, he was dead on. I think I realized these things, but didn't want to believe them before.

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

There are some pretty expensive sex toys out there and depending on what your preference is I'm sure you can find something that doesn't go in your ass... Although... there is this fun ring toss game but... that would be for the bulls ass right?
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Also, lubrication is essential...
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

void said

-The reason a new album is taking so long is solely because the band is lazy - they admitted this themselves

-The Opiate release is really gay, and people actually still want to buy it for $150. I mean guys come on, you have to be a moron...seriously...like...for reals guys. lol

-The band consistently lie/stretch the truth about their motivation and/or reasons for doing things. They also lie about what they will or will not do in the future (no tours before a new album, etc...)

You've got to give it to him guys, he was dead on. I think I realized these things, but didn't want to believe them before.

I appreciate what you are saying Void, but let's keep this sort of thing in The Grudge.  The idea of spending $150 on this doesn't make any sense to me either, however, I am sure there are many very happy people right now.  Let's not ruin this for them, no matter what we may think.

adrian
Maynard Believer

Post by adrian »

True, not all sex toy have to go in your ass. Although that's all I can think about when I keep looking at the price of these fucking Opiate reissues....
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

mogeffingmog said

void said

I appreciate what you are saying Void, but let's keep this sort of thing in The Grudge.  The idea of spending $150 on this doesn't make any sense to me either, however, I am sure there are many very happy people right now.  Let's not ruin this for them, no matter what we may think.

Yeah, The Grudge is my new home now. I'm happy for those that got what they wanted, even if I can't find justification for the price.

SteveBobSteve
adrian
Maynard Believer

Post by adrian »

Just realized I wrote "sex toy" singular not plural. Now I'm imagining a person of a certain ethnic background (Ok, an Asian guy) working at a sex shop saying "True, not all sex toy have to go in your ass."
thirdeye42012
Bronco's Fan

Post by thirdeye42012 »

I'm sorry, I can't find them in the TA store (which is the same as the toolband store), am I looking in the right place? I don't venture to TA very often so I'm not sure if I'm on the right track, I wanted to at least see what the art looks like.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

One point that's been made is that sadly, in this day and age, pricing something to that point might be the only way to ensure that real "fans" actually get a hold of it. In a way, it's kind of a perfect price point in that I'm sure it kept a lot of dipshit scalpers at bay, yet it's not horribly unattainable if you really, really wanted it.

I certainly wouldn't call someone an idiot for getting it. It's definitely a cool looking collector's item and the artwork looks like it has the kind of "depth" or whatever that could keep you staring at it for a while.
InFlamesOfBirchmen

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

It's weird: I didn't feel that insulted with the fish shirts, or even last year's tour blatantly blasting the fans, but this just feels like a slap in the face.
chair
Bronco's Fan

Post by chair »

Zwerewolf said
Also, lubrication is essential.

That costs extra.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Imagine how much it would have been if it was Aenima or Lateralus and not Opiate
InFlamesOfBirchmen

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

At least those were substantial albums. I love Opiate, but it's easily my least favorite part of their discography
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

BlindandCynical said
Imagine how much it would have been if it was Aenima or Lateralus and not Opiate

Shit I might have bought it if it was Lateralus or Aenima. That'd be tits. Nah, I'd still bitch about it and not buy it.

SteveBobSteve
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I agree, but obviously the music was the LEAST important part of it.   I wouldn't be too surprised if they just put a new label on old CD's that they had laying around  
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

@adrian "Just realized I wrote “sex toy” singular not plural. Now I’m imagining a person of a certain ethnic background (Ok, an Asian guy) working at a sex shop saying “True, not all sex toy have to go in your ass.”

HAHAHAHAHA! I love the part about your ass basically being sore just looking at the price.

Congrats to everyone that got one of these. I hope you enjoy it and all that jazz but it's just not what I'm looking for right now. I'm ready for music that I haven't heard that will stimulate my brain... I love art but I'd rather go buy an original painting at a local art shop that nobody else is going to have and support someone that needs it.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Zwerewolf said
I love art but I'd rather go buy an original painting at a local art shop that nobody else is going to have and support someone that needs it.
I was going to say this same thing.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Welp- I got mine ordered. however, I have it being shipped to the wrong address. Hopefully orders@toolband.com check their email to get this corrected. $150...ouch
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

i just looked @ my order history and find it interesting my signed Lateralus was $100 and a lot more rare ( I think 300 copies were signed) and the Opiate re-issue is $50 more....oh well, im happy I got one. Thinking about buying another one.
slicknickshady
Maynard Believer

Post by slicknickshady »

I bought Volume 1 and Volume 3.

$307.00

I may buy another one, don't know.