Opiate Reissue: What we know!

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The thing is, Aenima and Lateralus don't need updates to their artwork. Unless you're going to dole out true "bonus content" that you can listen to/watch, I don't know that I'd want one of those either. Opiate is really the only one where a new package would seem appropriate to me.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The biggest plus for me here as a fan is, it reminds me of how much they just beat the pants off of basically every other band on the planet in terms of packaging. I cannot fucking WAIT for the new album.
slicknickshady
Maynard Believer

Post by slicknickshady »

Yeah, I just bought another one. So i have Volume 1, 2, 3.

Ill wait a while for 4 and 5. haha.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

slicknickshady said

You better go ahead and get them. You'll hate yourself if you don't. Because now you've just got this kind of unexplainable odd number of incomplete colors on the shelf. People will always ask annoying questions about why don't you have two more color variations.

azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

After learning they are signed knew they would be at the $100 mark, I guess adding $50 isn't bad considering it says it comes with a COA, almost signed up for a TA membership for the pre sale glad I didn't (almost got one last year but consensus was that it wasn't worth it) so just waiting till the 26th now to order my copy
slicknickshady
Maynard Believer

Post by slicknickshady »

joeypants said

slicknickshady said

You better go ahead and get them. You'll hate yourself if you don't. Because now you've just got this kind of unexplainable odd number of incomplete colors on the shelf. People will always ask annoying questions about why don't you have two more color variations.

Well, 5 is sold out on the pre sale. But 4 is still available.

James
Fanboi

Post by James »

For those of you who have bought multiples/the full set: will you be opening all, or any, of them? I've always wondered this about collectors. I don't see a point in buying the product and then not appreciating it fully.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

@slick, would've bought the 5th one seeming how it seems to be the more popular one just my opinion, just trying not to hate seeing it may take me time to acquire funds for the whole set in hopes they dont sell out too fast haha, cheers on your purchases bro !
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Bogart said
Welp- I got mine ordered. however, I have it being shipped to the wrong address. Hopefully orders@toolband.com check their email to get this corrected. $150...ouch

Be sure you've updated the address in your member profile too. I'd also continue sending emails to Merch until you receive a confirmation that it'll be shipped to your new address. Once it's out of the shop you're unlikely to get any consideration/help regarding tracking, replacement, refund, etc. Caveat emptor.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

joeypants said
The thing is, Aenima and Lateralus don't need updates to their artwork. Unless you're going to dole out true "bonus content" that you can listen to/watch, I don't know that I'd want one of those either. Opiate is really the only one where a new package would seem appropriate to me.

Adam pretty much said that in the last two interviews he did.  I'd be really surprised if Aenima and Lateralus ever got artwork updates, not needed don't do it.
Hey! Denty!
slicknickshady
Maynard Believer

Post by slicknickshady »

Well, it won't let me purchase Volume 4 so it wouldn't shocked me if thats sold out in the presale. But oh well, Still got Vol 1, Vol 2, and Vol 3 ordered.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

slicknickshady said
Well, it won't let me purchase Volume 4 so it wouldn't shocked me if thats sold out in the presale. But oh well, Still got Vol 1, Vol 2, and Vol 3 ordered.

Vol 4 and 5 should still be available in the regular sale next week.  So if you really want them you can get them then.

Don't mow your lawn
slicknickshady
Maynard Believer

Post by slicknickshady »

Yep, thats what ill do!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'm curious, what's the big appeal for 5 as opposed to the others?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i thought they were 'doing this for the fans' as adam jones said in a recent interview, once i saw they were signing them i thought maybe this was going to be 'for the fans' and not their wallets but i guess not

some are saying people complaining about money etc etc but its kinda a rip off. then again i did buy a 130 dollar poster and framed it but at least its big and not some dinky little siigned cd.

not this time tool! it looks nice enough but its a bit too heavy on the loot!

plus im sure high quality scans will be put up online somewhere. thats fine enough for me on this one!

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

nxrm said

Bogart said
Welp- I got mine ordered. however, I have it being shipped to the wrong address. Hopefully orders@toolband.com check their email to get this corrected. $150...ouch

Be sure you've updated the address in your member profile too. I'd also continue sending emails to Merch until you receive a confirmation that it'll be shipped to your new address. Once it's out of the shop you're unlikely to get any consideration/help regarding tracking, replacement, refund, etc. Caveat emptor.

Yea i've emailed them a few times. My email address was wrong too. So i emailed them from my old email and new email. I couldn't figure out how to update my info until after I submitted my order. I didn't want to risk losing my item trying to figure it out. So after I placed my order, I updated all of my info on TA.

I'll email them daily. Hopefully it won't be an issue. Most other places are good about getting your info updated.
Unca

Post by Unca »

Anyone know if they are still available?  I know everyone feels like this is a cash grab, but I was wondering if anyone thought that this is them testing the waters to see if their music will still sell?  

Yeah probably dumb idea just wondering.......
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said 
All I'm going to say about the price is if people are willing to pay $100 - $125 for a signed concert poster then this shouldn't be a big surprise.

One of the most sensible posts up here today.  It's expensive, and I can understand people not wanting to drop that kind of money on it, but genuinely surprised people didn't see this price coming.

spiralout462
Maynard Believer

Post by spiralout462 »

hellboy1975 said

Ravenpig said 
All I'm going to say about the price is if people are willing to pay $100 - $125 for a signed concert poster then this shouldn't be a big surprise.

One of the most sensible posts up here today.  It's expensive, and I can understand people not wanting to drop that kind of money on it, but genuinely surprised people didn't see this price coming.

I agree.  I expected $100+.  I also bought one and am excited to open and enjoy it!

spiralout462
Maynard Believer

Post by spiralout462 »

joeypants said
I'm curious, what's the big appeal for 5 as opposed to the others?

I would like to know this as well.
tsp2013
Maynard Believer

Post by tsp2013 »

I find see amusing to see everybody complain about the pricing on the merchandise. If I recall correctly, the Lateralus platinum record was selling for over $200.

So what's it in for me this time? Something to go along with my signed Lateralus and sealed Aenima vinyl. I am into the music. They've given to me over the years and I have no problem giving back. I don't collect much of anything but touch my Tool collection and I may bite off your fingers.

I'm in for 2... Sets.

If you are going to complain about the price... go get a job. Nobody is telling you to buy it.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

tsp2013 said
I find see amusing to see everybody complain about the pricing on the merchandise. If I recall correctly, the Lateralus platinum record was selling for over $200.

So what's it in for me this time? Something to go along with my signed Lateralus and sealed Aenima vinyl. I am into the music. They've given to me over the years and I have no problem giving back. I don't collect much of anything but touch my Tool collection and I may bite off your fingers.

I looked in my product history and my signed Lateralus vinyl was only $100. Given that was more rare, I find it funny this is more expensive. I still ordered it though. Thinking about getting another one.

ToolFanFromWayBack
Maynard Believer

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

Shut up and

Buy my new (21 year old) record
Send more money
fuck you, buddy.

Not sure why anyone is surprised...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy1975 said

Ravenpig said 

Thanks. 

I think the thing that messed with people's price expectations the most is Adam's "for the fans" comment.

Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said 
I think the thing that messed with people's price expectations the most is Adam's "for the fans" comment.

Yeah, not sure what people were expecting.  I agree this thing is over priced, but people take shit that the band say too seriously sometimes.