Toolarmy Opiate Presale on now

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Toolarmy members wanting to order a copy of the Opiate Reissue can do so now. Four of the five varieties are still available at time of posting, and the cost is $150 each. Going by the photos, the only difference between versions seems to be what I think are the certificates of authenticity, the pose of the "Priest" on one of the cards and the CD colour.

Sales don't seem to be super fast, and for $150 each I expect there are quite a few hesitating at that price. I don't think anyone who wants to pick up a copy will miss out.

Here's pictures of all the varieties:

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I like numbers 2 and 3.  The TooL logo on the sticker is kinda lame.  Lateralus had the best logo.

Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

The little Priest cards are all different - different poses / wielding different objects...

Hey, where is the 3 D piece they mentioned?

I heard a rumor that the fabled Live Tool DVD was included in these packages as well, but you have to tear apart the packaging to get to it.  Tricksy!
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I liked the Aenima/Salival logo best.

The priest in the little baseball card looking, um, card is also doing different poses in each version.
Hey! Denty!
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I had to get #3 since it's purple and it's revelance to the occult.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Allow me a moment to *ahem* over think and over analyze, but I wonder if it's 5 versions for the 5 people involved with this album?  Like one of these is for Paul?
Hey! Denty!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Bogart said

? i know purple is the whole danny signging in purple only thing but how is that so much about the 'occult' i know dannys into crowley but i kinda get the vibe your saying that cause danny signs in purple so it must mean that violet is the colour of the crown chakra which is the link to other worlds apparently so they say. thats really all i ever thought about when it came to purple and thats not even the same as violet..if u have more info please share.

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

bob said

Bogart said

? i know purple is the whole danny signging in purple only thing but how is that so much about the 'occult' i know dannys into crowley but i kinda get the vibe your saying that cause danny signs in purple so it must mean that violet is the colour of the crown chakra which is the link to other worlds apparently so they say. thats really all i ever thought about when it came to purple and thats not even the same as violet..if u have more info please share.

Haha...I really don't know to be honest. I'm with you, I know it's Danny's thing and I thought I remembered Blair alluding to it's importance in a newsletter one time. That's all I got. Actually, it just automatically stood out to me when I was looking at them so I got it.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Purple is my favorite color.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Purple is the color of Saturn (saturn is considered the ruler/god of this "fallen" world, the grim reaper, satan, cronos, yahweh or yahu ect.) to some....its also related to the kaballistic tree of life, a combination of the red and blue pillars to get on the middle pillar. Some will say this is wrong and BS, but with occult stuff, its just interpretation.

All of it goes way deep and insane, and i wouldnt be surprised if the loft was some sort of node with a portal to the hexagonal pole on saturn where the band members get their marching orders.

"i sold my soul to make a record, dumbfuck."
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

@bogart

Saturn being #3 on the tree?
insertcrypticnameher
Bronco's Fan

Post by insertcrypticnameher »

I heard Saturn smells like farts
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

the whole colour purple being related to saturn i did not know. true about the interpretations and all that. who can say if it is or not and i can see how some would say its wrong. maybe thats why rynnees 'children of saturn' t shirts are in the purple design if i remember correctly? Hmmm. Regardless what any of that aims at this PURPLE deal has worked out for Danny. i know what Bogart was getting at cause i felt drawn to the purple disc right away and said to myself if i did get one it would be the purple one. is that the one thats sold out on TA by chance? wouldnt surprise me. its become somewhat of a logo amongst tool fan with all this purple stuff. pretty cool really
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

I hate purple.
auroboros
Maynard Believer

Post by auroboros »

all the different priest arm poses combined reveal a certain geometric symbol. i thought that's cool but i'm not paying 150 bucks for a truth I know about myself.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Hey Auroboros, nice to see some familiar faces show up again...  that's a positive about this Opiate release at least.

Just went back to check out of curiosity, and see there's only #5 left now.  Wasn't that the one that was sold out first?
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Kittaan said
Hey Auroboros, nice to see some familiar faces show up again...  that's a positive about this Opiate release at least.

Just went back to check out of curiosity, and see there's only #5 left now.  Wasn't that the one that was sold out first?

agreed.  I was logged in last night and stalking the online members... noticed a lot of recognizable names... somewhat comforting on some level to know some peeps are still stomping the earth and getting on without TA
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Number 5 is the only one sold out so far

bob said

the whole colour purple being related to saturn i did not know. true about the interpretations and all that. who can say if it is or not and i can see how some would say its wrong. maybe thats why rynnees 'children of saturn' t shirts are in the purple design if i remember correctly? Hmmm. Regardless what any of that aims at this PURPLE deal has worked out for Danny. i know what Bogart was getting at cause i felt drawn to the purple disc right away and said to myself if i did get one it would be the purple one. is that the one thats sold out on TA by chance? wouldnt surprise me. its become somewhat of a logo amongst tool fan with all this purple stuff. pretty cool really

Sprout
Bronco's Fan

Post by Sprout »

I hope they don't stick with that shitty new TOOL logo.

The big priest picture is cool though.
lucidcandle
Bronco's Fan

Post by lucidcandle »

here's a quote from the aug 2003 newsletter "What you think is an A is actually a P (no doubt scrawled in imperial purple - which combines the blood of Mars with the royal blue of Jupiter)."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Sprout said
I hope they don't stick with that shitty new TOOL logo.

The big priest picture is cool though.

I agree, that new logo looks like it took someone 2 minutes to do in MS Paint.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Now all are sold out except version 5 which is odd because it wasnt available earlier.
lucidcandle
Bronco's Fan

Post by lucidcandle »

@auroboros could you elaborate? i must be an idiot but im not seeing it
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Bogart said
Now all are sold out except version 5 which is odd because it wasnt available earlier.

Interesting... (now where's that sarcasm font...?)
Mass Deception
Maynard Believer

Post by Mass Deception »

Only V is left... had to do it damn tool