The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Fuck this fucking band! I hope no one buys this garbage Opiate re-release and they lose money on it. Take this gift and shove it up your ass Adam Jones, you Chewbacca looking mother fucker. Finish the album already, it's not that hard. And update your website with the tour dates from 3 years ago.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Was assuming somewhere around $120 for the release & never in my right mind would I pay that, but hey I'm not a collecter. But to call it a 'gift for the fans' is a downright joke. Who's he fucking kidding?!

Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

lol at the Zune reference
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

As a gift to our fans we are going to extend to you the privilege of giving us money.  You're welcome you little bitch asses.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan said

UndKeineEier said
Fuck teenagers.

Said the teenager.  

Good plan!

*Eyes narrow*

What are you saying?

Don't mow your lawn
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Adam Jones is skilled when it comes to patronizing his fans - "a gift to the fans." Lol. A gift which the receiver has to pay $150 for. Lamest re-release by any band.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said
I hate the idea that Tool get paid for their job.  Fuck those guys.

Sorry im gonna call bullshit on this one.  No one has ever claimed Tool shouldn't get paid.  But $150 bucks for a re-release with essentially zero value add is ridiculous.  Some art, a sticker and a new picture you can look at through your 10,000 Days glasses is not worth $150 bucks.  However, I cannot necessarily lay all the blame at Tool's collective feet.  The consumer often dictates the price of the market.  Tool knows that there are 5000 fans out there that would happily dish out $150 bucks.  Basic supply and demand.

Look I am genuinely happy for people that got their copies today.  There are certainly worse ways to waste your money and if this brings happiness into someone's life more power to em.  But call it for what it is.  It was a cash grab.  It was a cash grab from day one.  Or maybe, on seem weird meta-level, Adam really did feel like this was a thank you to the fans while being a way to make a little extra cash.  However, I feel like Adam, who has become wealthy and lives a cushy LA lifestyle, might be slightly out of touch with he feels is a normal price point.  $150 bucks isn't a lot to me, but it is to many other people, particularly with the current state of many economies and the lack of significant disposal income.  That is about as rosey a spin I can put on all this.

The one positive I DO take out of this is that at least there is genuine activity in the Tool camp.  The Loft fixed up, Adam talking about this being like "March Madness" with them writing a lot.  Justin confirming that they are over half way done.  The new album does finally feel like it is coming.  Obviously it isn't coming this year, but early next year seems realistic.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

^ The band probably does feel like they did something nice for the fans, they're just out of touch with their fan base is all.  Like I said before, there's many other things they could have done that would have been far more appreciated and still made them a nice chunk of money.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

mogeffingmog said

hellboy1975 said

Sorry im gonna call bullshit on this one.  No one has ever claimed Tool shouldn't get paid.  But $150 bucks for a re-release with essentially zero value add is ridiculous.  Some art, a sticker and a new picture you can look at through your 10,000 Days glasses is not worth $150 bucks.  However, I cannot necessarily lay all the blame at Tool's collective feet.  The consumer often dictates the price of the market.  Tool knows that there are 5000 fans out there that would happily dish out $150 bucks.  Basic supply and demand.

Look I am genuinely happy for people that got their copies today.  There are certainly worse ways to waste your money and if this brings happiness into someone's life more power to em.  But call it for what it is.  It was a cash grab.  It was a cash grab from day one.  Or maybe, on seem weird meta-level, Adam really did feel like this was a thank you to the fans while being a way to make a little extra cash.  However, I feel like Adam, who has become wealthy and lives a cushy LA lifestyle, might be slightly out of touch with he feels is a normal price point.  $150 bucks isn't a lot to me, but it is to many other people, particularly with the current state of many economies and the lack of significant disposal income.  That is about as rosey a spin I can put on all this.

The one positive I DO take out of this is that at least there is genuine activity in the Tool camp.  The Loft fixed up, Adam talking about this being like "March Madness" with them writing a lot.  Justin confirming that they are over half way done.  The new album does finally feel like it is coming.  Obviously it isn't coming this year, but early next year seems realistic.

Couldn't agree more with ya on this one.. Have never had any interest in this project & agree that it reeks of a total cash grab, but like ya say, if it makes some happy, then I'm happy for em..
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

mogeffingmog said

hellboy1975 said

I hear you sir but let's revisit the most recent timeline via mostly Dan The Man (not the bullshit from the previous 6 years of misdirection from MJK), sorry just need to get this straight in my head, let's do the math. hopefully the pieces fit:

(1) March 2012, DC stating they will hit the studio as planned in June/July 2012 "at least that's the plan", now we know of two major life events that pushed the majority of earnest tracking back until Jan/Feb 2013. First derailment.*

(2) June/July 2012, DC saying 5 songs are almost done (minus the vocals & tweaking, "framework").

(3) October 2012, Aaron Turner from Isis hearing directly from the band that they plan on recording Jan/Feb 2013, two scooter injuries push this back at least a month. Second derailment.*

(4) Blair (via DC) listening to completed songs, minus vocals during the holidays 2012.

(5) January 2013, DC saying 6 or 7 tracks are down, 3 of 4 Tool members stating in numerous interviews that they are more than halfway done with the entire process as a whole. I did not interpret this as the "tracking" portion being that started and progressed from 4/5 songs to 6/7 songs from Summer 2012 through Winter 2012. Again minus vocals.

(6) Last week of January 2013, MJK states he has not entered the studio as of yet. 2 of 4 members state in late January 2013/early February 2013 that they're on the fringe of knocking out an "epic track" (in which it is safe to assume that this will lead to 1 if not 2 songs, being they reference Wings(2 parts)/Lateralus(1 part)/Rosetta Stoned(2 parts counting Intension)

(7) Early March 2013 interview, released mid March 2013, AJ makes his "March Madness" comment regarding ramping up the recording process. so...

Due to DC's detailed, most recent time frame given during the Vic Firth interview we perceive that typically it takes (a) 6/7 days for DC (b) 2 weeks for JC (c) 4-8 weeks for AJ (d) 1-2 weeks for overdubs/synth (DC/MJK) (e) 4 weeks to mix & master. the variable is when MJK steps in. DC states it's optimal for him to arrive early in the process to help craft. then he has his vocals, plus his keyboards (synth portion DC stated). so MJK's contribution overlaps in the entire process but given these details I highly doubt that puts us in 2014. I've been saying since 2012 that June/July 2013 sounds probable given the most liberal interpretation of this info. The most conservative estimate is May 2013 when they are playing Ozzfest and when they usually tend to release albums, in the late Spring.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
MystaRabbit
Maynard Believer

Post by MystaRabbit »

This took longer than I thought it would...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Opiate-Rei ... 3380d926b4
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

MystaRabbit said
This took longer than I thought it would...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Opiate-Rei ... 3380d926b4

No it didn't.

Someone posted this 10 hours ago. Old hat.

Get with the program!
MystaRabbit
Maynard Believer

Post by MystaRabbit »

Goody gum drops for them. I just saw it on eghey now, and don't troll through every post on this shitty site to know (or care) if it was posted here already. Besides, I was speaking of the time it was posted to eghey.
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

NYHC81 said

mogeffingmog said

hellboy1975 said

I hear you sir but let's revisit the most recent timeline via mostly Dan The Man (not the bullshit from the previous 6 years of misdirection from MJK), sorry just need to get this straight in my head, let's do the math. hopefully the pieces fit:

(1) March 2012, DC stating they will hit the studio as planned in June/July 2012 "at least that's the plan", now we know of two major life events that pushed the majority of earnest tracking back until Jan/Feb 2013. First derailment.*

(2) June/July 2012, DC saying 5 songs are almost done (minus the vocals & tweaking, "framework").

(3) October 2012, Aaron Turner from Isis hearing directly from the band that they plan on recording Jan/Feb 2013, two scooter injuries push this back at least a month. Second derailment.*

(4) Blair (via DC) listening to completed songs, minus vocals during the holidays 2012.

(5) January 2013, DC saying 6 or 7 tracks are down, 3 of 4 Tool members stating in numerous interviews that they are more than halfway done with the entire process as a whole. I did not interpret this as the "tracking" portion being that started and progressed from 4/5 songs to 6/7 songs from Summer 2012 through Winter 2012. Again minus vocals.

(6) Last week of January 2013, MJK states he has not entered the studio as of yet. 2 of 4 members state in late January 2013/early February 2013 that they're on the fringe of knocking out an "epic track" (in which it is safe to assume that this will lead to 1 if not 2 songs, being they reference Wings(2 parts)/Lateralus(1 part)/Rosetta Stoned(2 parts counting Intension)

(7) Early March 2013 interview, released mid March 2013, AJ makes his "March Madness" comment regarding ramping up the recording process. so...

Due to DC's detailed, most recent time frame given during the Vic Firth interview we perceive that typically it takes (a) 6/7 days for DC (b) 2 weeks for JC (c) 4-8 weeks for AJ (d) 1-2 weeks for overdubs/synth (DC/MJK) (e) 4 weeks to mix & master. the variable is when MJK steps in. DC states it's optimal for him to arrive early in the process to help craft. then he has his vocals, plus his keyboards (synth portion DC stated). so MJK's contribution overlaps in the entire process but given these details I highly doubt that puts us in 2014. I've been saying since 2012 that June/July 2013 sounds probable given the most liberal interpretation of this info. The most conservative estimate is May 2013 when they are playing Ozzfest and when they usually tend to release albums, in the late Spring.

LOL! May? Your most conservative estimate is one month?  For starters they haven't "tracked" a fucking thing, there still just writing. So that timeline Of about 6 months to record has not even  started yet. If the entered the studio today it would be September/ October and that's not including any time for the packaging design or the small tour there going on. There's no less than a year till anything happens.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

no less than a year? how long is it going to be before you figure out how not to quote yourself when replying?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

toolphishdhs said

NYHC81 said

mogeffingmog said

hellboy1975 said

A) what the fuck does this have to do with FUCK TOOL?

B) LOL if you believe DC about anything.

C) 8 fucking years.

D) Why must you keep setting yourself up for 8 months of MORE disappointment when it comes to a new Tool album this year?

E) FUCK TOOL

put your money where you mouth is and hit the "new Tool album release date competition" section!!

fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

NYHC81 said
no less than a year? how long is it going to be before you figure out how not to quote yourself when replying?

That's ok, Zwerewolf still doesn't know how to use the quote button.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hey Sublime, how are they just "writing" when Blair is listening to live studio recorded songs, "about half way through" the process back during Christmas? what are you on crack cocaine? yes, I believe the album will come out between mid May 2013 and the end of July 2013. do the math instead of stating emotions and being impatient.

they've been in the loft fucking around since June 2012, fact.

they've had at LEAST half of the album structured since Christmas 2012, fact.

it took 4 months to record Lateralus and 4 months to release it, fact.

it took 5 months to record 10,000 Days and 5 months to release it, fact.

3 months from "March Madness" and another 3 months to release it. opinion based on gathered facts.

fixed.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^ I don't think you are right (it would be cool if you were though), but you do make a good argument.

Only thing is we don't know for sure if Alex Grey is or isn't going to be the artist.  All signs point to no but we don't know yet.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig said
^ I don't think you are right (it would be cool if you were though), but you do make a good argument.

Only thing is we don't know for sure if Alex Grey is or isn't going to be the artist.  All signs point to no but we don't know yet.

shit I thought that was confirmed. isn't AJ blowing this new guy now? so that means if AG is involved we might not get cd art until 2027....I think I need to change my release date. what's your role in this forum anyway? to turn Mog positive and me negative? what are you a fucking ion?
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

NYHC81 said

Ravenpig said

shit I thought that was confirmed. isn't AJ blowing this new guy now? so that means if AG is involved we might not get cd art until 2027....I think I need to change my release date. what's your role in this forum anyway? to turn Mog positive and me negative? what are you a fucking ion?

^ haha this dude is alright in my book.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

mogeffingmog said

NYHC81 said

Ravenpig said

^ haha this dude is alright in my book.

sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

NYHC81 said
hey Sublime, how are they just "writing" when Blair is listening to live studio recorded songs, "about half way through" the process back during Christmas? what are you on crack cocaine? yes, I believe the album will come out between mid May 2013 and the end of July 2013. do the math instead of stating emotions and being impatient.

they've been in the loft fucking around since June 2012, fact.

they've had at LEAST half of the album structured since Christmas 2012, fact.

it took 4 months to record Lateralus and 4 months to release it, fact.

it took 5 months to record 10,000 Days and 5 months to release it, fact.

3 months from "March Madness" and another 3 months to release it. opinion based on gathered facts.

fixed.

If by fucking around in the loft you mean writing, then yes you are correct and they've been doing that for about three years lol. However writing is all they do at the loft, they record in a studio. That's not saying they don't record anything when they're writing, I'd be surprised if they didn't record everything they play at the loft how else would they write an album? Store it all in there heads and on dry erase boards lol. This is likely what Blair had listened to. 

So going off of the timelines of 8 and 10 months on there last two albums to RECORD and release there last two albums, we can safely say it will take at least 9 months to record and release there next album.  And with then still writing and not recording, like you seem to believe, then that 9 months hasn't even started and likely won't until after this short tour. I'd say sometime in the summer maybe June or July. 

Also I'm not impatient at all I just deal In reality and facts, and your  3 month forecast for a release is just not going to happen, that's all. I could care less how about how long it's taking as long as there writing I can count on there being a tool album sometime in the future, and I can count on it being awesome. 

Any further justification of  your timeline by yourself would be going full retard... Don't ever go full retard