Opiate Reissue: What we know!

slicknickshady
Maynard Believer

Post by slicknickshady »

Just bought Volume 4 as well. Sigh. $621.96 for Volume 1-4 combined!

I'm a sucker! Thankfully im good at saving money and i live at home with my parents and don't have to pay rent or anything. So i guess it's ok! My parents would kill me if they knew i spent this kind of money on this stuff. haha. I guess TOOL can piss off parents! lol.
nudges710
My pain is just an excuse

Post by nudges710 »

it humors me people were talking about tax money, seal of "xatanitos", the only word that can be spelled using all letters is, you guessed it.... taxations
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

slicknickshady said
Just bought Volume 4 as well. Sigh. $621.96 for Volume 1-4 combined!

I'm a sucker! Thankfully im good at saving money and i live at home with my parents and don't have to pay rent or anything. So i guess it's ok! My parents would kill me if they knew i spent this kind of money on this stuff. haha. I guess TOOL can piss off parents! lol.

are you older than 24, live in the basement, getting an education, have a job? not judging, just curious, unless you're near 30, then I'm absolutely judging... either way, you're grounded once I'm through telling your parents!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

nudges710 said
it humors me people were talking about tax money, seal of "xatanitos", the only word that can be spelled using all letters is, you guessed it.... taxations

good one!
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

They really shot themselves in the foot with this one. I can smell a backlash coming.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

doors said
They really shot themselves in the foot with this one. I can smell a backlash coming.

Yeah, making $750,000 is really gonna make them sorry that a few fans are bitching.

zing!

SteveBobSteve
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Looks like all but one variation has sold on TA, so 800 down, 4200 to go I guess.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

snazzlefrass said

doors said

Yeah, making $750,000 is really gonna make them sorry that a few fans are bitching.

zing!

How about a "zing!" go fuck yourself?! I know of many people who will not bother purchasing the next record. I will download the next album (no matter how good the packaging might be). An eye for an eye, like for like, quid pro quo, something for something , trade-off, etc etc...

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

doors said

snazzlefrass said

doors said

zing!

How about a "zing!" go fuck yourself?! I know of many people who will not bother purchasing the next record. I will download the next album (no matter how good the packaging might be). An eye for an eye, like for like, quid pro quo, something for something , trade-off, etc etc...

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ alright, take it to the appropriate threads you knuckleheads.  You've been warned.
Ki77aan :twisted:
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

doors said

snazzlefrass said

doors said

zing!

What do you think a reasonable price should be for this? It's not like the price point is all that shocking- pretty much on par with all of their other signed memoribilia...

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hawaiimeekus said
So I did something I haven't done in years: simple math. $150 x 5,000 = $750,000.

You know, for the fans.

and with the standard 60% overhead leaving 40% profit = $300,000 = $75000 per member.

Not bad for a job done 21 years ago.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Bogart said

doors said

snazzlefrass said

doors said

zing!

What do you think a reasonable price should be for this? It's not like the price point is all that shocking- pretty much on par with all of their other signed memoribilia...

Personally I thought $50 would've been reasonable.  I mean, I got Salival in the store for $30 and that actually had some new/live songs, plus videos.  Granted it didn't have any autographs. 

$50 would've been fine for this.  $75-$100 range is reaching mutual, agreed-upon butt sex.  $150 is roofie-induced ass raping.  Again, just my personal take and like others have pointed out, if buying this brings you joy and excitement, more power to you.  I just choose to sit this one out.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said

Bogart said

doors said

snazzlefrass said

doors said

zing!

Personally I thought $50 would've been reasonable.  I mean, I got Salival in the store for $30 and that actually had some new/live songs, plus videos.  Granted it didn't have any autographs. 

$50 would've been fine for this.  $75-$100 range is reaching mutual, agreed-upon butt sex.  $150 is roofie-induced ass raping.  Again, just my personal take and like others have pointed out, if buying this brings you joy and excitement, more power to you.  I just choose to sit this one out.

That sounds like someone reading the 

chalkboard outside your girlfriend's bedroom 

listing her daily "lunch specials."
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

ilikecheese said

hawaiimeekus said
So I did something I haven't done in years: simple math. $150 x 5,000 = $750,000.

You know, for the fans.

and with the standard 60% overhead leaving 40% profit = $300,000 = $75000 per member.

Not bad for a job done 21 years ago.

no way they ran 60% overhead on this... swap those numbers around and you're close and may still be under-cutting their take on this.  
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

either way its going to be FUCKIN rad when it arrives at your door.....opening that package..the smell...the feel of the packaging..the type of paper used...the ink...embossments...fuck ,  who knows what this will be like......it will go well beside my 'dark side of the moon' boxset...which cost 130 dollars with out a signiture...although it did come with marbles , silkscreen print..book....scarf....i cant wait....

what is your latest 'art' purchase?  whats on your wall?
go taff!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

budsyralli said 

I have quite a few of my daughters artworks on the wall.  For $150 I'll get her to sign one and send it over.  Postage free!
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

thats quite the deal you offering...but you better keep them on your fridge.
go taff!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

budsyralli said 

I have quite a few of my daughters artworks on the wall.  For $150 I'll get her to sign one and send it over.  Postage free!

I don't pay for anything without seeing it first.

Don't mow your lawn
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

fair enough
go taff!
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

budsyralli said

That would be the Primus signed poster from Austin, TX.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

doors said

Bumped, in the hope that someone from TOOL gets the idea.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Well i was way off with my price of $30 each. I was grasping to the idea that Adam was "doing it for the fans".

Yeah he did it alright. Got my money and i'm a fan. But i have no complaints.

For what they have given to me all these years in entertainment is ultimately priceless.

Fair enough some people don't like the reissue Opiate, the price, the money grab?.. Some spill fourth hatred to the band they love in a Tool forum, then as soon as a Tool song comes on the radio they start to rock out with their cock out. LOL!

I bet anyone in their shoes would do the same fucking thing. Its their job. Sure, in between albums they only have to work a couple of hours a year, but everyone has to get paid somehow. Lamborghini's don't service themselves and pools need to be cleaned by someone.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

^ right? I mean they could've just done nothing at all or just did these without sigs (which I'm sure some people would've been happier with) just seems there was/is alot of trash talk, it's just human nature to put the things we love under a microscope and scrutinize. I happily spent $130 from the APC website to get a signed poster from a show I went to when i didn't have the funds@the time of the concert. So spending $150 on something signed from a band I love even more is justified in my heart, (just wish I had the $'s for all 5!). I also have to give props to the people who wish buyers luck that aren't into it themselves. Good respect there, I'm just a self collecting freak in most things driven by art (expensive sickness I tell ya). Will I ever sell these things for profit? No. Do I think this makes me more of a fan than others? No. best way to explain it is I feel like damn gollum with his precious! Haha! Sorry back to tool....So even if tool never made anymore music (it's their choice right?) After all these "promises" I would be ok with it. I would be sad yeah but fine because what they have done so far has been all but a great experience for me, anything more is just gonna be bonus. Sure I can say I've been guilty of talking shit too but it's been more sarcastic & joking (not made to be serious) life happens to all of us & sometimes sacrifices are made or plans are changed when you have nothing but best intentions. I don't take to heart things promised or said, or feel lied to, I just think "that'll be cool if it happens" and leave it at that. so it's almost 5am in the states & I'll stop rambling just wanted to express some thoughts, thank HB for this awesome site and come the 26th be excited to own one if these! Spiral out...