A Perfect Circle Tour 2017

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
MobileVortex
RIP

Re: A Perfect Circle Tour 2017

Post by MobileVortex »

My wife was out of the country last year for work and wants to do a trip sometime this spring. Thinking about making the trek to vegas for the weekend. How big is the Pearl? Are tickets going to sell out instantly you think?

Backup plan is STL, but they go on sale before the vegas dates haha.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^About 2,500 capacity at The Pearl. Great small venue and certain seats you get a personal waiter for bar service. Could sell out just because it's smaller than most of the venues on this tour. There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for the Hollywood Bowl show because there are still plenty of tickets I think.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

^So the Hollywood bowl show is already on sale?? OH that was the first show announced right...

OK any tips for trying to get decent tickets at the Pearl? Is there a GA (standing) area at the front or is the whole thing seated? Would prefer standing but happy to just target decent seats when the go on sale...any help appreciated.

I know our ticket sites in NZ / Australia can be a bag of mashed up asshole when tickets go on sale so hoping you guys have got it down in the States :)
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

264zn wrote: I know our ticket sites in NZ / Australia can be a bag of mashed up asshole when tickets go on sale so hoping you guys have got it down in the States :)
Hope, I think that's pretty much a universal thing
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

hellboy wrote:
264zn wrote: I know our ticket sites in NZ / Australia can be a bag of mashed up asshole when tickets go on sale so hoping you guys have got it down in the States :)
Hope, I think that's pretty much a universal thing
OK well I 'hope' the site doesn't crash like it generally does for big gigs here...to be more specific :D
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

264zn wrote: OK any tips for trying to get decent tickets at the Pearl? Is there a GA (standing) area at the front or is the whole thing seated? Would prefer standing but happy to just target decent seats when the go on sale...any help appreciated.
Tip: Become a scalper.

If they even decide to have a GA pit, it's tiny at The Pearl. Venue is configured to have a pit or put in seating. Goof luck getting decent tickets of any sort these days.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

no way there is GA how they gunna sell front row VIP tickets with a GA pit lol. the 200 lvl seats are still like $115/tix before fees.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

MobileVortex wrote:no way there is GA how they gunna sell front row VIP tickets with a GA pit lol. the 200 lvl seats are still like $115/tix before fees.
Not sure what show you're looking at, but most of the shows I've checked out tickets are between $30 and $100
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

For the SF Civic show ape concerts tweet says presale is 1/12.
Their own web site removed that date. 1/13 is now the posted onsale date.
I'm guessing Green Day needs the exclusive presale for 1/12 due to the challenging feat of trying to fill the Oakland football stadium.
But I'll check it out tomorrow, just to be sure.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

hellboy wrote:
MobileVortex wrote:no way there is GA how they gunna sell front row VIP tickets with a GA pit lol. the 200 lvl seats are still like $115/tix before fees.
Not sure what show you're looking at, but most of the shows I've checked out tickets are between $30 and $100
Go look at the seats up front for Hollywood Bowl.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Go look at the seats up front for Hollywood Bowl.
If it's just for seats up front, then $140 is a decent price!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

hellboy wrote:
No, they're some VIP shit for like $500.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:
hellboy wrote:
So what is the point you're trying to make? Are the $140 seats up front or not?

update: Just had a look - $140 tickets are for Terrace seats at the Bowl, I'd consider them to be pretty damn good and worth $140. There are plenty of cheaper options.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Krazy_blah wrote:
264zn wrote: OK any tips for trying to get decent tickets at the Pearl? Is there a GA (standing) area at the front or is the whole thing seated? Would prefer standing but happy to just target decent seats when the go on sale...any help appreciated.
Tip: Become a scalper.

If they even decide to have a GA pit, it's tiny at The Pearl. Venue is configured to have a pit or put in seating. Goof luck getting decent tickets of any sort these days.
Cheers - guess we'll see what happens with the GA section...is it more of a trend now with tool and APC to have all seated venues in the States? Think I'll just be happy with decent seats at face value by the sound of things.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

264zn wrote: Cheers - guess we'll see what happens with the GA section...is it more of a trend now with tool and APC to have all seated venues in the States? Think I'll just be happy with decent seats at face value by the sound of things.
Seems to be more and more Tool shows are becoming seated - something that hasn't appeared to happen in AU so far. Not sure if this is specific to Tool, or a wider trend...
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I would suggest to get seats instead of GA at The Pearl. The floor is slanted if I remember correctly and every seat is a great one in that place. Had GA for APC and had seats for Tool, both 2 night shows, and enjoyed the seats more. Now I enjoy Tool a little bit more than APC and also was super sick on the second night of APC's show, but seats are better. Haha
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

hellboy wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:
hellboy wrote:
So what is the point you're trying to make? Are the $140 seats up front or not?

update: Just had a look - $140 tickets are for Terrace seats at the Bowl, I'd consider them to be pretty damn good and worth $140. There are plenty of cheaper options.
My point was IF The Pearl has GA, it will be VERY small. Someone above my post mentioned, in a humorous manor, no way APC makes The Pearl GA if they can price out close seats for $500 VIP packages.

You mentioned, I think, they weren't price gouging seats. Look up the Hollywood Bowl seats up in front - they are or were VIP packages going for a rediculous $500 or something. They are pricing out the best, of at least the closest to the stage, seats unfortunately.

Hopefully we're on the same page now- been a long day!
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

hellboy wrote:
I was talking about the vegas show at the pearl. The prices are VIP ($350/$250), Tier 1 ($115) which appears to be the back of the 100's and front of the 200's, and Tier 2 ($55) which is the back of the 200's and all of the 300's.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. :)
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Freese back with APC or did they just fuck up? I very much hope this is accurate, but it's news to me. Thought bridges were burnt...
A Perfect Circle formed in 1999 with principal members Billy Howerdel (Ashes Divide) and Maynard James Keenan (Tool, Puscifer) creating a fluid band where line-ups were free to shift with each ensuing album. The band’s 2000 debut album, Mer de Noms, found Howerdel and Keenan joined by Josh Freese (who continues to play with A Perfect Circle as well as a litany of other bands including Devo, Weezer and Sting), Troy Van Leeuwen (Queens of the Stone Age, Sweethead) and Paz Lenchantin (Zwan). A Perfect Circle released Thirteenth Step in 2003, featuring the band’s biggest single to date “Weak and Powerless.” Joining Howerdel, Keenan and Freese for the remainder of the first wave of A Perfect Circle albums and tours were Jeordie White (aka Twiggy from Marilyn Manson) and James Iha (Smashing Pumpkins). The band’s third release, eMOTIVe, arrived in November of 2004 and boasted a wide-ranging collection of covers that reflected the year’s political climate (John Lennon’s “Imagine,” Marvin Gaye’s “What’s Going On” and Devo’s “Freedom Of Choice” were amongst the songs included) as well as a pair of original songs penned by Howerdel and Keenan (with a co-writing credit for “Passive” going to Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor). A self-imposed hiatus ensued shortly thereafter and lasted until the fall of 2010 when A Perfect Circle announced fourteen live dates (which sold out in under one minute) in the Western U.S and a performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live. A Perfect Circle’s current line-up is Howerdel, Keenan, Freese, Iha and Matt McJunkins (Ashes Divide, Puscifer).
Edit: It would be news to Jeff Feidl too...

They fucked up. :o
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'd be very surprised if Freese were back in the band. Seems playing with Sublime is much more rewarding.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

the chill wrote:I would suggest to get seats instead of GA at The Pearl. The floor is slanted if I remember correctly and every seat is a great one in that place. Had GA for APC and had seats for Tool, both 2 night shows, and enjoyed the seats more. Now I enjoy Tool a little bit more than APC and also was super sick on the second night of APC's show, but seats are better. Haha
Awesome thanks for the advice! Will try for the mezzanine level seating then...I'm guessing most people will stand at some point anyway? Must say though I've also preferred standing, but then again I'm pretty tall and love a bit of a boogie.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Was able to get tickets for both nights at the pearl.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

^Nice one. I was struggling to get anything, but thankfully I also woke up my wife to get on and try and she ended up with section 203 row T seats for the second night at The Pearl, so stoked with that! Going to make our trip round the states that much better...thanks to follow FEiers for the feedback on the venue too
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

264zn wrote:^Nice one. I was struggling to get anything, but thankfully I also woke up my wife to get on and try and she ended up with section 203 row T seats for the second night at The Pearl, so stoked with that! Going to make our trip round the states that much better...thanks to follow FEiers for the feedback on the venue too
i was still able to pull some pretty good tickets for both nights. some better then what i purchased so i stopped haha. Got 203 Row G for Friday, and 105 Row E for Saturday.

Staying at the palms both nights, now i just have to figure out the flights. Of course they went up like $120 from earlier in the week.
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

hellboy wrote:I'd be very surprised if Freese were back in the band. Seems playing with Sublime is much more rewarding.
Plus he's playing with Sting now. They recently played for the Queen. Does seem funny for someone who plays with the Vandals and The Replacements to play for the Queen. Whatever.

Anyway got my APC ticket. Should be fun. Hopefully people don't try to mosh to them like last time they played the BGC. Not against moshing, but it is weird at an APC show.