Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by badkittygothgirl »

"Alternative" Nation is nothing more than click bait. Not once have they provided any true news. If the author could get his head out of his ass, he'd know the pic is from Cinquanta and only posted in a sad attempt so the coat tail riding twatwaffle, Manspeaker, can remain "relevant" and continue to beg for money from hard working TOOL fans.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

badkittygothgirl wrote:"Alternative" Nation is nothing more than click bait. Not once have they provided any true news. If the author could get his head out of his ass, he'd know the pic is from Cinquanta and only posted in a sad attempt so the coat tail riding twatwaffle, Manspeaker, can remain "relevant" and continue to beg for money from hard working TOOL fans.
Alternative Fact Nation
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

badkittygothgirl wrote:twatwaffle
new album title?
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Nope
Don't mow your lawn
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Getting me hungry. First great meal this forum's ever posted. Now we're talking news.
also, Avatar!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I called my girlfriend's HR director a twat waffle on the phone today. Thanks BKGG.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

I called my twog a wot daffle earlier this evening, and
wy mife looked at me like the dog was crzya.

Adam's guitar was a tad loud on 'The Grudge'
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Interesting interview with Maynard regarding A Perfect Union of Contrary Things (no Tool related info):

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/d ... mes-keenan
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

badkittygothgirl wrote:"Alternative" Nation is nothing more than click bait. Not once have they provided any true news. If the author could get his head out of his ass, he'd know the pic is from Cinquanta and only posted in a sad attempt so the coat tail riding twatwaffle, Manspeaker, can remain "relevant" and continue to beg for money from hard working TOOL fans.
Hey BK, apparently there was another picture of Manspeaker rehearsing/recording something (hinting at a Tool project): do you happen to know if that one was from Cinquanta as well? Thanks!

*Here's the link: "I KNOW THE JELLO FITS"
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:Interesting interview with Maynard regarding A Perfect Union of Contrary Things (no Tool related info):

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/d ... mes-keenan
Interesting read. I listened to an interview the other day as well. I respect what he is about in terms of his talent and his perspective on fame and celebrity but sometimes I think he takes it to far. Sometimes he comes off like he is the second coming of Borges. Plus for a guy that claims to be about expressing kindness he seems borderline hostile to his fan base. You know me I have been critical of a segment of the Tool fanbase for a number of years but there are so many others that just dig the music. It isn't a religious or spiritual experience and it doesn't have to move you to create or do anything. Shame that guy can't find a happy medium where he can respect fans of his work while still maintaining distance from the trappings of fame and celebrity.

Still it is interesting getting a glimpse into his process.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:
Hey BK, apparently there was another picture of Manspeaker rehearsing/recording something (hinting at a Tool project): do you happen to know if that one was from Cinquanta as well? Thanks!

*Here's the link: "I KNOW THE JELLO FITS"
I saw that photo the other day. I haven't seen it before so won't comment on whether it's old or not (I didn't recognise the other image either).

What I do know is that a picture of Bill in a vocal booth of some sort really proves nothing. He's a known attention grabber, so personally I take what he posts with a dose of salt.

So far I haven't seen anything to suggest Tool are anywhere beyond "still songwriting".
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote: So far I haven't seen anything to suggest Tool are anywhere beyond "still songwriting".
I don't know your contacts within the band or their circles, but do you think you would know when they start recording? Or is it possible that even you may be surprised?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote: So far I haven't seen anything to suggest Tool are anywhere beyond "still songwriting".
I don't know your contacts within the band or their circles, but do you think you would know when they start recording? Or is it possible that even you may be surprised?
Anything is possible. I don't have any contacts giving me blow by blow updates, and my statements are mostly based on observing what is going on, and comparing it to how they have operated in the past.

My opinion is that they are still songwriting, and that recording probably won't happen until after the wine harvest if at all in 2017.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
Anything is possible. I don't have any contacts giving me blow by blow updates, and my statements are mostly based on observing what is going on, and comparing it to how they have operated in the past.

My opinion is that they are still songwriting, and that recording probably won't happen until after the wine harvest if at all in 2017.
i tend to agree...

i was perusing the Tool/MJK wiki page recently and it lists a few of the album "updates" from the past; what i found interesting was how long ago Maynard said he was involved with the band and writing lyrics. He was meeting with the band and writing back in 2013... another mention of it in 2015... another recent mention of it just last month. Given he always says he writes lyrics to finished music, it really makes me curious as to what this project is/was/has evolved into.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I imagine the band meet on a regular basis, but I suspect most of these meetings are more business than songwriting.

Maynard spoken plenty of times about not wanting to get involved too soon, as things keep getting reworked. No doubt Maynard has been hearing demos from the other three for quite some time now, but it only seems in the last couple of months that Adam & co. have confirmed songs as "done". It appears now that the music is at a point where Maynard can start adding lyrics knowing that the songs aren't going to change significantly, though I suspect when Maynard is "done" with his lyrics there will be further refinement to the flow of the music to suit any appropriate themes.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Hope we get more info on the status of Tool in the "new" space in todays newsletter. I feel like things are finally headed in the right direction, and we may get more updates than usual. Wishful thinking.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Whatever Tool things MJK was doing in the new space didn't last long, 2-3 days then he was back in APC mode. Maybe he banged out a couple tracks.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

fortysixand2 wrote:Whatever Tool things MJK was doing in the new space didn't last long, 2-3 days then he was back in APC mode. Maybe he banged out a couple tracks.
2-3 days should be plenty for where the song writing is at. At best Maynard laid down a few WIP cuts for the rest of the band to work with. For the most part I'd expect most of his songwriting would actually happen back in AZ.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

So anyway, Danny sat in with the Musical Box (who I've never heard of) playing a Genesis song "Can-Utility and the Coastliners" (that I've also never heard of). Here's the video:

Interestingly, the singer says Danny told him the new Tool album is "coming soon" though I imagine he says that to all the girls.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

How often over the last few decades has Blair not posted a newsletter? I thought he always did. Does he post them late?
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

xZ1mM3r wrote:How often over the last few decades has Blair not posted a newsletter? I thought he always did. Does he post them late?
I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'm sure it has happened but I cannot readily recall when. Maybe we will get a post dated February one or a very early March newsletter.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

xZ1mM3r wrote:How often over the last few decades has Blair not posted a newsletter? I thought he always did. Does he post them late?
The earliest Newsletter in the archive is January 2005. There are two "missing" months since then: March 2005 and December 2005.

Some of the Newsletters aren't all that substantial though. I recall a few, some time ago, simply listing tour dates, etc.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

The Musical Box is a Genesis cover band, licensed by Genesis and using some of their original instruments and stage / production elements. I've seen them a few times, going back to 2000. They are excellent. Thanks for the link, looking forward to checking it later.
Ki77aan :twisted:
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Newsletter is up: February 2017
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

nxrm wrote:Newsletter is up: February 2017
So it is. A bunch of numbers next to names that may add up to mean something but I thought it was interesting that everything Blair recommended TOOL fans do while they wait for something new from TOOL involved VR devices for your cell phones. Maybe nothing or maybe a hint that the curveball is a 3D VR experience? Or maybe it's just what he says it is and a filler newsletter that means nothing.