Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
basejumper
Droner

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by basejumper »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Jim Morrison did the vocals for LA Woman in a bathroom.
That's not uncommon.
Doing LA women in a bathroom is not uncommon, you're right.
Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

sudnshok wrote:Guess the royalties for 10+ year old material must be drying up and they need some quick cash.
Of course they need the money - have you seen how much it costs to have a Lamborghini serviced?
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Stop bitching about the ticket situation. Tool doesn't give a fuck about you. If they gave a fuck about their fans they wouldn't waste another month touring and would instead finish the damn album. You continue to support their bullshit greatest hits tour. Here is an idea...dont go. Maybe if Tool saw half empty arenas they might actually try to get moving on finishing a new album. YOU enable their lack of professionalism.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't subscribe to the theory that boycotting shows will speed up album delivery at all.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

So it's sort of like a festival with Primus, Melvins, the Crystal Method, and others playing as well.

http://pitchfork.com/news/72752-tool-an ... al_twitter
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Wooooooooooooooooooooooow. So the 24th show actually looks amazing. Fucking wish I could go, that's going to be something else.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:I don't subscribe to the theory that boycotting shows will speed up album delivery at all.
I understand the frustration. But I truly don't see how you could've followed this band all this time and think that these tours/shows in any way are connected to the speed (or lack thereof) on the new album.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

joeypants wrote:
hellboy wrote:I don't subscribe to the theory that boycotting shows will speed up album delivery at all.
I understand the frustration. But I truly don't see how you could've followed this band all this time and think that these tours/shows in any way are connected to the speed (or lack thereof) on the new album.
i think MOG is referring to the fact that the entire band will be together, without interruptions, for roughly a month. But they are doing it for a tour.... when if they all got together, without interruptions, for a month at the loft/recording studio, they could have an album nearly completed.

I dont think tours slow down the process of making the album, i just think that the time together could be focused differently.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
joeypants wrote:
i think MOG is referring to the fact that the entire band will be together, without interruptions, for roughly a month. But they are doing it for a tour.... when if they all got together, without interruptions, for a month at the loft/recording studio, they could have an album nearly completed.

I dont think tours slow down the process of making the album, i just think that the time together could be focused differently.
Sure. But IF the music/other 3 members were ready, they'd be doing that. But it's not, and that has zero to do with these tours.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Bottom line it is a month wasted that could be spent finishing an album (or making continued progress) that multiple band members have said will be coming "pretty soon" and is "in the oven" for a ridiculously long amount of time. A professional band would finish their work and then tour behind their new material. Tool doesn't need the money they are all set for life. This is greed and laziness and you support it by going to these shows. So if you are going to continue to enable this never ending greatest hits show then don't bitch about tickets or presales.

The more this shit goes on the more I wish I never recaptured my enjoyment of Tool's music. A part of me would rather sit back and laugh at how pathetically lazy and unprofessional Tool have become.

@joey - I respect your opinion on a number of matters but when it comes to Tool honestly I don't think you are capable of being objective. I think every member of Tool could literally slaughter a group of baby Panda's and you would find a way to justify it.

@Z - BINGO EXACTLY +1 - The four of them together for a month at THE LOFT...well man what a great way to make a ton of progress towards actually finishing an album.......instead they are going to tour for a month, during which Adam and Maynard will rarely speak as they rarely do when touring these days. Danny will party with whomever is opening and Justin will do whatever it is Justin does these days. They will sell you shit you already have and play songs you have already seen/heard a ridiculous amount of times.

This is how a band acts when they are past the writing stage and are at the end of their career. This is the greatest hits phase. This is not how a band conducts themselves when they claim to be hard at work finishing a new album.

It is stunning to me how after all this time so many of you just keep falling for this act.
Last edited by THE1TRUEMOG on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

But if they were "professional" in that sense... you'd just be getting Mastodon/Melvins/etc levels of output. Which hey, if you like it that's fine. I like those bands a lot. But there's a reason (in my opinion) I don't put those bands musically on the pedestal that I put Tool on. They crank out stuff to keep up with a timetable/output quota rather than taking "intent" to the furthest possible point.

This is why I have no problem waiting. And having followed these guys for decades now, I accept their snail's pace/deliberation/laziness/whateveryouwannacallit. It's just how they are. To my eyes, the alternative would be: NO live shows for years and years AND still no new music. I prefer this scenario.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

joeypants wrote:But if they were "professional" in that sense... you'd just be getting Mastodon/Melvins/etc levels of output. Which hey, if you like it that's fine. I like those bands a lot. But there's a reason (in my opinion) I don't put those bands musically on the pedestal that I put Tool on. They crank out stuff to keep up with a timetable/output quota rather than taking "intent" to the furthest possible point.

This is why I have no problem waiting. And having followed these guys for decades now, I accept their snail's pace/deliberation/laziness/whateveryouwannacallit. It's just how they are. To my eyes, the alternative would be: NO live shows for years and years AND still no new music. I prefer this scenario.
Let's be real here Tool haven't done anything Ground breaking since Lateralus. 10,000 Days was a good album, but by no means anywhere near the same level as Lateralus or Aenima. So the slow output argument doesn't apply. It's laziness plain and simple. By all means support whatever you want it is your life. But Tool have made it clear this is all business and that is fine. I personally don't like the way they do business.

I am done nothing more to say on it. April 2017 same old shit. :roll:
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the "special guest" at the San Bernadino show on the 24th will be Puscifer. I was scrolling through Facebook and Puscifer shared a link to track them via bandsintown. This usually happens shortly before bands announce shows.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

fortysixand2 wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the "special guest" at the San Bernadino show on the 24th will be Puscifer. I was scrolling through Facebook and Puscifer shared a link to track them via bandsintown. This usually happens shortly before bands announce shows.
That makes sense. May as well through APC into the mix as well. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Either Puscifer or APC would be fucking unreal.

You can also probably bank on Tool doing something really cool onstage with either Primus and/or Melvins.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote: It's laziness plain and simple.
No one's saying laziness isn't a factor though. We hear your argument and don't disagree.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

hellboy wrote: We hear your argument
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Sooo jealous of that show. Tool and Melvins together again! Although they aren't the amphitheater type band, they'll destroy any stage.

Also, a big lol at all the WAAAY-too-optimistic fans thinking somehow the album is done and it's going to be released and/or played at this show. Really? C'mon man.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

fortysixand2 wrote:Also, a big lol at all the WAAAY-too-optimistic fans thinking somehow the album is done and it's going to be released and/or played at this show. Really? C'mon man.
There's something in the air or the water, or it's just these new millennial generation fans. I understand the anticipation and the excitement, but as HB, yourself, and a number of other long-time fans have said...there's absolutely nothing to suggest this is anything other than another mini-tour.

The band saw an opportunity for something fun to do to close out this tour and decided to give it a go. Anyone expecting anything else is delusional. Now get off my lawn.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote: The band saw an opportunity for something fun to do to close out this tour and decided to give it a go. Anyone expecting anything else is delusional. Now get off my lawn.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up. It'll be a fun show no doubt, but don't build it up to be anything more than that.
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

I've seen nothing to suggest from the band that they've recorded. We've been told Maynard has been given music to work on, but unless the band recorded the entire album in a matter of weeks and then mixed and mastered in a day or two, there's no chance at all.

10,000 Days took six months start to finish and it's not like the band has become more efficient. We're not getting the album this year I don't think. Early to mid-next year depending on what their schedules look like at the end of the year is even being optimistic.

If A Perfect Circle does indeed record as Billy has said they hope to do, that blows it back even further as you'd think they'll then do some touring behind it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

SoMuchChub wrote:We're not getting the album this year I don't think. Early to mid-next year depending on what their schedules look like at the end of the year is even being optimistic.
Yeah, that's what I expect. Some guy from Reddit (who claims to have sources) is adamant it's coming in October though. I ain't buying that either.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote:
nxrm wrote: The band saw an opportunity for something fun to do to close out this tour and decided to give it a go. Anyone expecting anything else is delusional. Now get off my lawn.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up. It'll be a fun show no doubt, but don't build it up to be anything more than that.
Damn well better have sharks with fricken lazer beams attached to their heads or I'm out.
Listen to All Them Witches
GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse

Post by GabesCaves »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Bottom line it is a month wasted that could be spent finishing an album (or making continued progress) that multiple band members have said will be coming "pretty soon" and is "in the oven" for a ridiculously long amount of time. A professional band would finish their work and then tour behind their new material. Tool doesn't need the money they are all set for life. This is greed and laziness and you support it by going to these shows. So if you are going to continue to enable this never ending greatest hits show then don't bitch about tickets or presales.

The more this shit goes on the more I wish I never recaptured my enjoyment of Tool's music. A part of me would rather sit back and laugh at how pathetically lazy and unprofessional Tool have become.

@joey - I respect your opinion on a number of matters but when it comes to Tool honestly I don't think you are capable of being objective. I think every member of Tool could literally slaughter a group of baby Panda's and you would find a way to justify it.

@Z - BINGO EXACTLY +1 - The four of them together for a month at THE LOFT...well man what a great way to make a ton of progress towards actually finishing an album.......instead they are going to tour for a month, during which Adam and Maynard will rarely speak as they rarely do when touring these days. Danny will party with whomever is opening and Justin will do whatever it is Justin does these days. They will sell you shit you already have and play songs you have already seen/heard a ridiculous amount of times.

This is how a band acts when they are past the writing stage and are at the end of their career. This is the greatest hits phase. This is not how a band conducts themselves when they claim to be hard at work finishing a new album.

It is stunning to me how after all this time so many of you just keep falling for this act.

Hey all...I get the frustration with the wait between albums. How about us in NYC? Eleven years with no tour stop here? (Jersey you say...Jersey might as well be Kansas). So they're FINALLY coming to NYC and it's at a place with no parking, no seats, and 45 minutes from all mass transit. Do they get fans of the band that go back to OGT or Undertow are not spring chickens? Yay, Tool.

So,of course be frustrated they essentially retired from releasing new music at 40. Try being a Tool fan in NYC!
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

hellboy wrote:
Not to mention this is the last show... Why tour the greatest hits then drop a new album at the end of the tour. That's the best way to piss off everyone who just saw your show off.

That's why the whole they will drop new music because they are playing GOV ball. So they are just going to play the greatest hits at the Boston festival a week prior? that Reddit logic is strange.