Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ravenpig »

That makes sense. My brain just automatically connects rehearsal with tour I guess.
Hey! Denty!
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

hellboy wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Adam just posted on ig something about a word of the day and hashtagged it with “rehearsal”.

Huh?
Rehearsal doesn't imply anything other than that they're in the loft playing music (which they do quite regularly I expect)
That sounds like good news to me. Almost anything at this point is considered progress as far as I'm concerned.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Re: Ratndom Tool Social Media thread

Post by unclejackson »

"Rehearsal'' by definition would imply practice for an upcoming performance, though that doesn't appear to be possible since APC is just starting a tour.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

unclejackson wrote:"Rehearsal'' by definition would imply practice for an upcoming performance, though that doesn't appear to be possible since APC is just starting a tour.
I don't think it implies this at all. When I was in a band we had what we called "rehearsal" all the time, regardless of what shows were coming up.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Maybe he joined a garage band.

#nolongerlazy
Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hahahah Adam trolling the right way. A+
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

check adam's instagram, he's at it again
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Both Tool and APC at this butt-rock fest!

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Sitting here, trying to imagine the sum of money you'd have to pay me to stand in that crowd!! Yikes!!! (Baroness/APC/Tool would be nice though)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tool, AIC, APC, Body Count, Quicksand, Baroness, The Bronx, Code Orange, Power Trip, Mutoid Man - there's some solid acts on that festival, but spread over three days probably doesn't give great value for money.

Little surprised to see a Tool show then (and suggestions of other shows as well) as I'd have expected 2018 to be nothing but APC (the first half at least anyway) but they do seem to enjoy touring, be it for artistic or financial reasons.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Missed Mutoid Man! They rule. I more just meant the buttrock crowd that would be there for the rest. That's like a VERY specific crowd that's going to be at that thing haha.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Really hoping for some sort of a "Tool only"/non-festival mini-tour surrounding this. More importantly: with a date I can make. Haven't seen them in a couple of years.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

I'd say it's almost guaranteed there will be more solo/headlining shows in the weeks surrounding the festival. It's typical Tool: they get announced for a festival then about a month or so later we get some headlining shows then a week or two after that we'll get the second wave of shows. I'm happy they're in Columbus which is pretty close to me but I'd really like to not go to this festival.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

joeypants wrote:Really hoping for some sort of a "Tool only"/non-festival mini-tour surrounding this.

Really hoping for some sort of new album surrounding this.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I have surrendered any and all hope of a new album ever being released. That's half for my own sanity and enjoyment of this band, and half because I truly believe it. I don't give shit at this point, keep doing cool tours whenever they feel like it though. In it until the end for their live experience. Make a new album or don't, I couldn't care less until it actually happens.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

joeypants wrote:I have surrendered any and all hope of a new album ever being released. That's half for my own sanity and enjoyment of this band, and half because I truly believe it. I don't give shit at this point, keep doing cool tours whenever they feel like it though. In it until the end for their live experience. Make a new album or don't, I couldn't care less until it actually happens.
I wish I could have that outlook. Personally, I don't care how long they take, just so long as they release a new album. If they don't, part of me(!) will feel empty. :cry:
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm pretty certain that Tool will release another album. I've long since stopped caring about "when" though. I look forward to the day we have some concrete information, until then life goes on.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I have to occasionally google them, just so I can remember what they look like.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

More and more like the Addams Family each passing day
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

i do not see an album being released in 2018. there is no evidence that this will happen and with their track record, its virtually confirmed.

yeah, at this point i dont care. i want it, but i am totally over it
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Even tho i know other's have seen it. I still don't even think the Opiate video exists... I realllly dont want to go to ROTR. Hoping they have something booked for memorial day weekend.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

brewdog123 wrote:i do not see an album being released in 2018. there is no evidence that this will happen and with their track record, its virtually confirmed.
I don't think it will come out in 2018 either. I don't see Maynard being available to finish/record the album in the first half of next year (possibly longer), as it seems 2018 will be mostly APC touring & presumably album promo cycle.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
brewdog123 wrote:i do not see an album being released in 2018. there is no evidence that this will happen and with their track record, its virtually confirmed.
I don't think it will come out in 2018 either. I don't see Maynard being available to finish/record the album in the first half of next year (possibly longer), as it seems 2018 will be mostly APC touring & presumably album promo cycle.
Its obvious from miscellaneous interviews that MJK has done that he is frustrated with the Tool timeline nearly as much as fans. He has made comments about eventually just having to say "its done" and move forward with it (i would assume this is directly mostly towards Adam, who we kind of all know is the one who isnt satisfied with the music so far). Do you think Danny and Justin are more inline with MJK or with Adam? They seem pretty neutral to me, at least on the whole Adam vs MJK views
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Well they’ve both been optimistic over the years about a release date so I’d say in a gun to their head situation they’d side with May Jay.
Hey! Denty!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

The use of the word definitely sure is appealing but we've been burned before.

http://loudwire.com/danny-carey-new-too ... tely-2018/

Danny Carey: New Tool Album Will ‘Definitely’ Be Out in 2018
by Joe DiVita December 8, 2017 12:32 PM
Share Article on Facebook
Share Article on Twitter
Aa
Tool Dissectional
Tool Dissectional
Oh, happy day! After Tool released their latest album, 10,000 Days, in 2006, the question at the end of every year has been, “Will Tool release a new album next year?” The progressive, spiritual titans have reportedly been at work at a follow-up record for some time, but any estimates at a release date (or even year) have proven to be futile until today. Drummer Danny Carey has confirmed that 2018 will “definitely” yield a new record.

We caught up with Carey and director and animator Jimmy Hayward to discuss their new project (alongside Mastodon‘s Brent Hinds), Legend of the Seagullmen and when discussing their tour plans for the new year, the conversation hinted that the situation could be complicated by Tool’s commitment to deliver a new record. “At this point, it’s tough [to decide when Legend of the Seagullmen will tour] because we’re getting close to going in the studio with Tool, so we kind of have to work around each other’s schedule,” the drummer commented, adding, “I know Mastodon’s really busy right now too, but [Legend of the Seagullmen] might do some stuff in May.”

Article continues after ad:

Hayward was also privy to Tool’s schedule, commenting, “I think with Tool heating up it makes it a little trickier, but these guys work minimum four days a week already. I think [Legend of the Seagullmen] want to do one, two week tours and festivals.”

When pressed if fans can expect a new Tool album in 2018, Carey pushed his chips to the center of the table when stating, “Yes. I’m saying definitely. We’ll probably have it done in the first half [of the year] if things go as planned. There’s setup times and manufacturing – I can never predict all that, it seems like it’s constantly evolving. [What time of year it will be out] I can’t tell you.” Since we’ve been waiting over 4,000 days since 10,000 Days was issued, knowing that there’s only a 365 day waiting window upon us, we’ll gladly take it.
Listen to All Them Witches