Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ravenpig »

So you’ll take them seriously when you see it from their filter instead of directly from them.

Gotcha.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Their website is straight ass. It's like a horse and buggy compared to their social media accounts. Besides, the drama is kind of funny. Also, I hate to break it to you but I think Tool will be utilizing social media as a marketing platform for this record - including announcing and documenting the recording.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

If they're in the studio starting March, then there's no reason the album couldn't be out late this year. Good times.

Recording/release windows are a bit tighter now these days, mostly because leaks are so troublesome. The real indicator of production time is more likely the complexity of the album art/packaging. If they choose to embrace digital releases, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with a digital release + physical product pre-order type system that NIN and Radiohead have employed in the past.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

hellboy wrote:If they're in the studio starting March, then there's no reason the album couldn't be out late this year. Good times.

Recording/release windows are a bit tighter now these days, mostly because leaks are so troublesome. The real indicator of production time is more likely the complexity of the album art/packaging. If they choose to embrace digital releases, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with a digital release + physical product pre-order type system that NIN and Radiohead have employed in the past.
A lot has changed since 2006. It will be interesting to see how they roll this one out. I'm ready to hand them my money.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Off Topic
"Words & Melodies 100% DONE on all but 1"
HOT DAMN!!!
:D
Professor of Lesbian Science
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Jumping the gun is easy to do from excitement.
The record will be here when it arrives; if it does, it does.
If it does- it shouldn’t be shit.
Which I highly doubt it will be.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Yeah don't care if Adam changed the post to March...Maynard said still a long way off...still same he said she said shit. Grown ass adults who just can't get their shit together. Been here before. When they are actually IN THE STUDIO I will start paying attention. Plus Maynard flat out said nope to a Tool fall release. Nobody releases in the Winter. Bottom line if there was no APC album happening, we would likely have a new Tool album this year. Emotive 2.0 has fucked everything up. Fuck APC...it's not even APC..it's Depeche Mode meets Puscifer.
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

More news:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:Yeah don't care if Adam changed the post to March...Maynard said still a long way off...still same he said she said shit. Grown ass adults who just can't get their shit together. Been here before. When they are actually IN THE STUDIO I will start paying attention. Plus Maynard flat out said nope to a Tool fall release.
I don't think Maynard ever really said this, just that the record isn't done. That said I think a fall release is unlikely.

And the album will get released when it's ready, I doubt Tool would give two fucks if it were winter or not.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:
M0G wrote:Yeah don't care if Adam changed the post to March...Maynard said still a long way off...still same he said she said shit. Grown ass adults who just can't get their shit together. Been here before. When they are actually IN THE STUDIO I will start paying attention. Plus Maynard flat out said nope to a Tool fall release.
I don't think Maynard ever really said this, just that the record isn't done. That said I think a fall release is unlikely.

And the album will get released when it's ready, I doubt Tool would give two fucks if it were winter or not.
Maynard specifically said nope on twitter post to Tool fall 2018. He has said numerous times you release in the spring or fall. His most recent post said still long way off. Until something official is on toolband or unless one of them literally posts from the studio, I don't believe a thing. The only thing I know, is unfortunately, a new Tool album will not be out in 2018 because of the new APC album. If that piece of shit called Eat the Elephant didn't exist, it would most certainly be #Tool2018...Fuck APC and fuck Maynard.

And while I'm on a rant how does washed up fucking Sebastian Bach get to hear new Tool? Did he offer to blow someone in the band??
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: And while I'm on a rant how does washed up fucking Sebastian Bach get to hear new Tool? Did he offer to blow someone in the band??

Glad someone else pointed this out. It's like David Coverdale hanging out with the Butthole Surfers.

Beggars belief.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'd say just right place at the right time. Probably was just enjoying a beer at the same strip club as Danny, and got an invite.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:Maynard specifically said nope on twitter post to Tool fall 2018.
Fair enough. I don't think it'll be out in the Fall anyway. It won't be far behind that though. You're ranting about stuff we largely all agree on.

Except that the new APC tracks have grown on me somewhat. I'm actually looking forward to the album now.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Except that the new APC tracks have grown on me somewhat. I'm actually looking forward to the album now.

While they're not exactly my cup of tea (!!) and they're easy fodder for sarcastic quips - I must admit that the tunes aren't that bad. And his voice is still holding up. This bodes well for new Tool material, which I'm finally excited about for the first time in about three years.

Take that, Kanye!!
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Glad I wasn't the only one that was a bit surprised that Sebastian got to hear it. Fuck that guy!

I lay no blame on Maynard for APC intruding on new album. I firmly believe if tool had given him an ironclad we will be ready on this date 12 months ago he would have knocked back howerdell. As it stood he had free time in his calendar, apc offered an outlet so he took it. Shit timing after such a long wait but he has openly stated for a long time he likes to create and given his output this last decade you can't deny that. Tool procrastinated and took to long. Snooze ya lose
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote:Glad I wasn't the only one that was a bit surprised that Sebastian got to hear it. Fuck that guy!

I lay no blame on Maynard for APC intruding on new album. I firmly believe if tool had given him an ironclad we will be ready on this date 12 months ago he would have knocked back howerdell. As it stood he had free time in his calendar, apc offered an outlet so he took it. Shit timing after such a long wait but he has openly stated for a long time he likes to create and given his output this last decade you can't deny that. Tool procrastinated and took to long. Snooze ya lose
Honestly I am not sure when it comes to anything these guys have said. It has been so childish and back and forth he said / she said. It is simply really hard for me to imagine that Maynard could not have realized six months ago that things were close. You don't go from far away to music is done in six months after 11 years. There is a disconnect with these guys that is borderline amateur hour.

Bottom line yeah new Tool isn't that far off, figuratively speaking, but as you said, absolutely shit timing. Maynard has had so many years to do new APC. Billy hasn't been doing much of anything. Just not sure why they didn't tick off this box two years ago.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah the public relations side of things is a fucking disaster with how they've treated and responded to their fans for the most part but I guess it seems to be way of the future that social media is utilised over a bands website for major announcements. Have seen plenty of bands opt for this outlet.

And yeh shit timing. From interviews ive read, Howerdell is the one that instigated it all for new APC. Maybe he's that controlling narcissistic partner that saw Tool was close so felt he wanted May J to himself so purposely did this just before he was needed for Tool? Fuck Howerdell, it's all his fault!
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

i am not sure how anyone could possibly make Billy to be the bad guy in the situation. IF there is a bad guy, we all know it is Adam...one way or another
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Nah it's on Billy and Maynard...Fuck those bald bastards.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Definitely their fault. I mean if they're not at fault then why don't thay have any hair left? I'm fairly confident no one could argue with that logic.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Busty McCracken wrote: if they're not at fault then why don't thay have any hair left?
"I'm not bald, okay? I shaved my head." ©
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ca31b9b6-3 ... 1abb9b1ba4
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

It's clearly stress

lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Busty McCracken wrote:Definitely their fault. I mean if they're not at fault then why don't thay have any hair left? I'm fairly confident no one could argue with that logic.
FACTS

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I also think Billy Corgan should shoulder some of the blame on this too seeing as he has clearly been an influence on both their hairstyles.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm kinda like the 6th member of APC, due mostly to male pattern baldness