Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
lachrymologist
RIP

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by lachrymologist »

I'm also considering going to the event in Columbus. It seems like it will be like the VIP they did for monster mash. I know 500 bucks is a lot to spend on an event but that monster mash rehearsal was incredible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Recently spoke with someone moderately close to the band and they shared some information with me that seemed interesting. No way for me to prove any of it but i will share the jist of our conversation. We started talking about the upcoming "VIP" shows with the band. It sounds as if the plan is to play the majority, if not the complete, album for the attendees. Sans vocals obviously. Naturally my next question was regarding the album it self... According to him, the album is completely done being recorded, including all of Maynards stuff. Its currently in mastering. Maynard was scheduled for recording with the band the last week in March, and actually extended his trip an extra 3 days in order to wrap it all up. I questioned this because it all just seems to fast, and i was met with a quick response of "i know for a fact it is done" ...

Like i said. No way to prove any of it. But it was an interesting conversation to say the least.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Really.....

This rumor just got me there
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

To do these shows, and not have something to offer about the new album seems like a dick move. They know every question will be about it. Did you get the impression they will play any of the new album at the festival shows?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Recently spoke with someone moderately close to the band and they shared some information with me that seemed interesting. No way for me to prove any of it but i will share the jist of our conversation. We started talking about the upcoming "VIP" shows with the band. It sounds as if the plan is to play the majority, if not the complete, album for the attendees. Sans vocals obviously. Naturally my next question was regarding the album it self... According to him, the album is completely done being recorded, including all of Maynards stuff. Its currently in mastering. Maynard was scheduled for recording with the band the last week in March, and actually extended his trip an extra 3 days in order to wrap it all up. I questioned this because it all just seems to fast, and i was met with a quick response of "i know for a fact it is done" ...

Like i said. No way to prove any of it. But it was an interesting conversation to say the least.
bullshit
Canned audience laughter
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I know people who are really good friends with the band. Never asked any questions, probably wouldn’t either. Feels good haha.

I’d be stunned if they didn’t play some small piece of something, but whole album? Naaaaahhhhhh. No way.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Recently spoke with someone moderately close to the band and they shared some information with me that seemed interesting. No way for me to prove any of it but i will share the jist of our conversation. We started talking about the upcoming "VIP" shows with the band. It sounds as if the plan is to play the majority, if not the complete, album for the attendees. Sans vocals obviously. Naturally my next question was regarding the album it self... According to him, the album is completely done being recorded, including all of Maynards stuff. Its currently in mastering. Maynard was scheduled for recording with the band the last week in March, and actually extended his trip an extra 3 days in order to wrap it all up. I questioned this because it all just seems to fast, and i was met with a quick response of "i know for a fact it is done" ...

All really cool news if true.

Will definitely be interesting to hear what comes out of the clinics.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Tell us more
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

fortysixand2 wrote:Image

If that's the artwork for the new album, I'll cry.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah.... That's bullshit...

They had to change studios around the 25th of March, a little over two weeks ago. According to the post that first revealed they also had one song completed at that time. That would be the start of the same week that Maynard would be laying down vocals. Considering they started recording around the 7th of March, that means it took them 3 weeks to finish instrumentals for one song, than 1 week to record all songs fully. And another week to mix it all.

This from a band that usually takes 6 months to record, mix, and master.
Don't mow your lawn
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Yeah.... That's bullshit...

They had to change studios around the 25th of March, a little over two weeks ago. According to the post that first revealed they also had one song completed at that time. That would be the start of the same week that Maynard would be laying down vocals. Considering they started recording around the 7th of March, that means it took them 3 weeks to finish instrumentals for one song, than 1 week to record all songs fully. And another week to mix it all.

Hey I'm with you there man. I'm not a troll tho, I post on here pretty regularly and never post bullshit. I can assure you I'm not making anything up. Now I can't speak for the guy I talked to. But I'm relaying what I was told, although there's a good chance I was bullshitted too...

Still figured it would be worth posting on here.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm with UKE on this. I very much doubt the album is "done" enough for it to go to mastering.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

xZ1mM3r wrote:

Hey I'm with you there man. I'm not a troll tho, I post on here pretty regularly and never post bullshit. I can assure you I'm not making anything up. Now I can't speak for the guy I talked to. But I'm relaying what I was told, although there's a good chance I was bullshitted too...

Nah, you're cool.

I just wanted to point out how unlikely this story is before people started getting too excited.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/mike- ... -tool-fans
WHEN DID YOU FIRST MEET THE GUYS IN TOOL?
We were all members of the Kansas fan club and met at a Kansas Krazies convention in Topeka in 1978. We were hanging out in the hotel bar at the Holiday Inn and Adam started playing a reggae version of "Carry On Wayward Son" on the piano. Justin and Danny picked up the bar band's instruments and joined in and Maynard grabbed the mic and let it rip dressed in this Kansas state trooper uniform. I was in awe!

I introduced myself and told them about my band Mr. Bungle. They said that they were in a band called Theremin Toolbelt. I told them that they were great but that the band name was a little goofy. To be taken serious they should pick a serious-sounding name like Hammer or Wrench.

WHAT HAS IT BEEN LIKE TOURING WITH TOOL?
Honestly, it has been great! Tool always pays us fairly and treats us very well. I admire that they do whatever they want. They don't take orders from record labels or "industry types." My hat is off to them.

HOW HAVE TOOL'S FANS RESPONDED TO YOUR BANDS?
Weeeeeeell. During the Fantômas run, I collected a lot of spare change from the stage after each show. I can't complain though — if I paid $60 to see my favorite band and a bunch of noisy weirdos took the stage, I'd be violent, too!

WHAT INFLUENCE, IF ANY, HAVE TOOL HAD ON YOU AND YOUR OWN WORK?
They give me hope that not all huge bands are pompous, clueless, drug-addled morons. That, and I steal lots of fashion ideas from Maynard's stage wear.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

xZ1mM3r wrote:

He's probably talking about the decoy album anyway
Canned audience laughter
lucidcandle
Bronco's Fan

Post by lucidcandle »

If clinics are being planned for May what are the chances of the album being finished recorded by then?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

lucidcandle wrote:If clinics are being planned for May what are the chances of the album being finished recorded by then?
I guess there are no any chances, lol
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Are you fucking shitting me? They are taking time off to do fucking music clinics are you fucking shitting me? It seems like every day lately with this new album continual delay bullshit i am reminded why I turned my back on Tool for many years and it is getting really fucking difficult to stay positive with this, another unnecessary cash grab which should not be happening during the middle of fucking studio recording time. What in the literal fuck is wrong with these guys.....get the fucking album recorded and mastered then do all the fucking clinics you want what fucking planet are these fucking guys from
The most intelligent person on this forum
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

uggg, i agree
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

They were already going to be on tour anyway, it's really not taking away from anything or a big deal.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:Are you fucking shitting me? They are taking time off to do fucking music clinics are you fucking shitting me? It seems like every day lately with this new album continual delay bullshit i am reminded why I turned my back on Tool for many years and it is getting really fucking difficult to stay positive with this, another unnecessary cash grab which should not be happening during the middle of fucking studio recording time. What in the literal fuck is wrong with these guys.....get the fucking album recorded and mastered then do all the fucking clinics you want what fucking planet are these fucking guys from
well they will be on tour... and MJK will be busy promoting Eat The Elephant as well. I dont think 5 days of music clinics and sharing new material with fans is a big set back.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I could take the easy way and be negative and jump to conclusions w/o knowing the facts or logistics behind their decision, but I don't gain anything from doing that so why bother.

- Sounds cool, a bit expensive but i'd most likely go if I lived nearby.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Ettan wrote:I could take the easy way and be negative and jump to conclusions w/o knowing the facts or logistics behind their decision, but I don't gain anything from doing that so why bother.

- Sounds cool, a bit expensive but i'd most likely go if I lived nearby.
^Word.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote:Are you fucking shitting me? They are taking time off to do fucking music clinics are you fucking shitting me? It seems like every day lately with this new album continual delay bullshit i am reminded why I turned my back on Tool for many years and it is getting really fucking difficult to stay positive with this, another unnecessary cash grab which should not be happening during the middle of fucking studio recording time. What in the literal fuck is wrong with these guys.....get the fucking album recorded and mastered then do all the fucking clinics you want what fucking planet are these fucking guys from
The clinics are worth it just for this response lol
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Good old style M0g rant. Low on logic and reason, high on sweary words.

Seems to me that Adam, Danny and Justin will be done by the time the Tool "tour" kicks off. Just waiting for Maynard to add his pieces when he's back in Arizona during the harvest I reckon.

This clinic tour will have no impact on the completion of the record.