Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
basejumper
Droner

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by basejumper »

tys0n wrote:
M0G wrote:Are you fucking shitting me? They are taking time off to do fucking music clinics are you fucking shitting me? It seems like every day lately with this new album continual delay bullshit i am reminded why I turned my back on Tool for many years and it is getting really fucking difficult to stay positive with this, another unnecessary cash grab which should not be happening during the middle of fucking studio recording time. What in the literal fuck is wrong with these guys.....get the fucking album recorded and mastered then do all the fucking clinics you want what fucking planet are these fucking guys from
The clinics are worth it just for this response lol
Haha! I know! What is that, like 4 semi sentences with 10 uses of the word 'fuck' in some form and 3 of 'shit'? Such anger...maybe Maynard will write about the struggles of Mog. :lol:
Professor of Lesbian Science
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

basejumper wrote:
tys0n wrote:
M0G wrote:Are you fucking shitting me? They are taking time off to do fucking music clinics are you fucking shitting me? It seems like every day lately with this new album continual delay bullshit i am reminded why I turned my back on Tool for many years and it is getting really fucking difficult to stay positive with this, another unnecessary cash grab which should not be happening during the middle of fucking studio recording time. What in the literal fuck is wrong with these guys.....get the fucking album recorded and mastered then do all the fucking clinics you want what fucking planet are these fucking guys from
The clinics are worth it just for this response lol
Haha! I know! What is that, like 4 semi sentences with 10 uses of the word 'fuck' in some form and 3 of 'shit'? Such anger...maybe Maynard will write about the struggles of Mog. :lol:
Maynard can go fuck himself worthless gun toting Republicunt
The most intelligent person on this forum
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

On this doll, tell us where Maynard touched you.

Last edited by MobileVortex on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
Maynard can go fuck himself worthless gun toting Republicunt
HAHAH if you think MJK is a republican you are nuts....
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Joke all you want, but you know mj has touched us all, in some very deep, dark places..

...and you hope he does it again.

Filthy animals
also, Avatar!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Can someone give me a brief synopsis of Mog's rant? TL;dr
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Bill Hilly wrote:Can someone give me a brief synopsis of Mog's rant? TL;dr
Basically what he said was (paraphrasing here) that their talent, skill and business acumen is SO tight and inspiring, that he's not sure they're even from planet Earth!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Sounds like something he would say. I knew I shouldn't have skipped the middle sentence.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:Good old style M0g rant. Low on logic and reason, high on sweary words.

Yep. Like any number of stereotypical ranty, shouty, cleft palated liberal Left Wingers.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Hmm I feel like spouting my political opinions but where?

I know, a Tool social media thread!
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

tys0n wrote:Hmm I feel like spouting my political opinions but where?

I know, a Tool social media thread!

Point taken.

OK I'll make it all better -

I sure do hope this new Tool album is a good 'un. I'm really looking forward to hearing it.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Me too Cal, me too!
Canned audience laughter
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

All sessions save 1 are sold out. C'mon, spill it M0G, you bought a ticket didn't you?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

They haven't gone onsale yet.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

joeypants wrote:They haven't gone onsale yet.
Yeah, I guess it's the tool army pre-sale tickets that are sold out - except for Royal Oak, MI - they went on sale yesterday.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Not like they won't sell out though.

I'm curious what their expense is on these kind of gigs. I know you can look at the gross for proper concerts and really have no fucking clue what their take home is, but I'd imagine these kind of things are way closer to a "cut and dry" look at what they'd bring home.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Calfium Jay wrote:
hellboy wrote:Good old style M0g rant. Low on logic and reason, high on sweary words.

Yep. Like any number of stereotypical ranty, shouty, cleft palated liberal Left Wingers.
Yeah dipshit you are getting your political affiliations confused. Ranty, shouty...lets see...Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck..I could go on. It doesn't matter, you are a conservative, logic and reason are anathema to your very existence.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote:Not like they won't sell out though.

I'm curious what their expense is on these kind of gigs. I know you can look at the gross for proper concerts and really have no fucking clue what their take home is, but I'd imagine these kind of things are way closer to a "cut and dry" look at what they'd bring home.
This shit costs them next to nothing compared to what they will be pulling in for it. It's a cash grab that I just cannot process why Tool fans continually fall for. I certainly understand excitement for the new album, although lately with studio change bullshit and Maynard being an uber cunt, who knows when the thing will actually get done. Regardless I get the excitement factor, but dropping cash on listening to them talk about their "PROCESS" and maybe a tiny snippet of something new is just something I cannot comprehend. If Tool deliver, and release an outstanding new album, then I will give them money. Not before, not after all these years.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's easy to understand why people "fall for it" - it's a unique opportunity to see the band in quite different setting to a normal show. People love Tool, and they are happy to spend money to further than enjoyment.

Other cash grabs Tool fans fall for: new albums, t-shirts, concert tickets
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

https://tonedeaf.com.au/tom-morello-new ... -the-wait/

^ Tom Morello weighing in on new album. Going off that it sounds like the music has been recorded and I Assume somewhat mixed, sans vocals. Sound about right to everyone else?
Listen to All Them Witches
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I always assumed that they just performed the album live for him at the loft, similar to the other number of people who have heard the new music. I think the pic of Morello with the band has one member of Tool holding an instrument.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:I always assumed that they just performed the album live for him at the loft, similar to the other number of people who have heard the new music. I think the pic of Morello with the band has one member of Tool holding an instrument.
Yeah, I believe that what has happened - i don't think he's talking about hearing the recordings
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Ahh righto, that's just a recycled version of events from a few months back then. The article was dated today and his wording of “I heard the instrumental version of the record. Maynard had not recorded anything yet. It sounds great, I can say that it is worth waiting so much.’ made me think he'd been listening to an actual recording of it, but yep just click bait got me a beauty. Carry on
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I expect that is something lost in translation. I assume that Tom meant Maynard hadn't written anything yet.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah I'm pretty sure they just took some liberty to get some extra attention and clicks more than anything. Kudos to them, it worked on me.