Why APC announced two more Tours

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
lukas
Geacon

Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by lukas »

I think it's pretty obvious that APC is way more important for Billy than it is for Maynard (i.E. financially). I'm pretty sure MJK had a polite discussion with Billy and explained to him that once the Tool Album is out (which will probably be in spring), he'll be busy for a long time. Since I am sure that Billy put a lot of effort into Eat the Elephant, MJK didn't want to let Billy down and get over with APC with just 2 short Tours and that's it. No one will care about APC and Billy's stuff once the new Tool Album drops. So MJK made the offer to squeeze in two more tours before he'll be off. After all it's better than nothing. Just 2 short spring tours to support a new full length album isn't a lot really and for Billy this would certainly mean to miss out a lot of potential money and attention. I guess it's just a nice move from Maynard with regard to Billy. Maynard just supports Billy and wants him to get the fair amount of attention he deserves after all the work he has done.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by earthrocker »

Billy and Maynard are in a civil partnership
Deftones!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

lukas wrote:I think it's pretty obvious that APC is way more important for Billy than it is for Maynard (i.E. financially). I'm pretty sure MJK had a polite discussion with Billy and explained to him that once the Tool Album is out (which will probably be in spring), he'll be busy for a long time. Since I am sure that Billy put a lot of effort into Eat the Elephant, MJK didn't want to let Billy down and get over with APC with just 2 short Tours and that's it. No one will care about APC and Billy's stuff once the new Tool Album drops. So MJK made the offer to squeeze in two more tours before he'll be off. After all it's better than nothing. Just 2 short spring tours to support a new full length album isn't a lot really and for Billy this would certainly mean to miss out a lot of potential money and attention. I guess it's just a nice move from Maynard with regard to Billy. Maynard just supports Billy and wants him to get the fair amount of attention he deserves after all the work he has done.
I think you are way of the mark here, go watch the interview with Lars
Canned audience laughter
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

tys0n wrote:
lukas wrote:I think it's pretty obvious that APC is way more important for Billy than it is for Maynard (i.E. financially). I'm pretty sure MJK had a polite discussion with Billy and explained to him that once the Tool Album is out (which will probably be in spring), he'll be busy for a long time. Since I am sure that Billy put a lot of effort into Eat the Elephant, MJK didn't want to let Billy down and get over with APC with just 2 short Tours and that's it. No one will care about APC and Billy's stuff once the new Tool Album drops. So MJK made the offer to squeeze in two more tours before he'll be off. After all it's better than nothing. Just 2 short spring tours to support a new full length album isn't a lot really and for Billy this would certainly mean to miss out a lot of potential money and attention. I guess it's just a nice move from Maynard with regard to Billy. Maynard just supports Billy and wants him to get the fair amount of attention he deserves after all the work he has done.
I think you are way of the mark here, go watch the interview with Lars
what are you referring to exactly?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm sure Maynard enjoys working with Billy and APC. I don't think there's some kind of patronising undertone of him supporting Billy going on here.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

I never said MJK wouldn't enjoy working with Billy. But it's obvious that once the tool train gets rolling, MJK will be super busy.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

lukas wrote:I never said MJK wouldn't enjoy working with Billy. But it's obvious that once the tool train gets rolling, MJK will be super busy.
If the tables were turned, and Tool came out with an album first, and then APC came out with one the following year, people would still flock to the APC shows. Even after the Tool record comes out, an APC tour would still sell out...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think we'll see more APC touring anyway - I doubt they will wind up and not play shows in Australia/NZ/Japan. I think a tour early 2019 is a likely scenario
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:I think we'll see more APC touring anyway - I doubt they will wind up and not play shows in Australia/NZ/Japan. I think a tour early 2019 is a likely scenario
Whats your gut tell you about the status of the Tool release?? I ask becuase your assuming an APC tour in early 2019... maybe your response is best fit in the Tool thread...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:I think we'll see more APC touring anyway - I doubt they will wind up and not play shows in Australia/NZ/Japan. I think a tour early 2019 is a likely scenario
Whats your gut tell you about the status of the Tool release?? I ask becuase your assuming an APC tour in early 2019... maybe your response is best fit in the Tool thread...
My opinion? APC touring Jan and/or Feb. Tool album release in March or April
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

^ Sounds about spot on I reckon.
Listen to All Them Witches
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

hellboy wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
My opinion? APC touring Jan and/or Feb. Tool album release in March or April
Busty McCracken wrote:^ Sounds about spot on I reckon.
I agree. New Tool in early spring and tour starting in the late spring/summer with breaks for grapes...