Post by hellboy »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ettan wrote:Image
is that his wife? I knew he liked sucking down Pino but not that much. :lol:
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

What's with the wife talk?

If he got a trophy wife we'd all be tearing him down to shit, look at the prick, he struck gold imo.

Plus she has to be into group sex, it's a prerequisite.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

he's a millionaire so I would guess his wife would at least have a symmetrical face. her dimples are all out of wack.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:he's a millionaire so I would guess his wife
That's your problem.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I will never understand people degrading someone's wife... If all you can say is shit about Maynard's wife, I think it's time for you to find a hobby away from the keyboard
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I'm just kidding you dick. that's not even his wife, everyone knows Filipino's aren't allowed in Arizona.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

to stay on topic, this is his wife...

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:to stay on topic, this is his wife...

Saw a brief interview with May may lately on YouTube at a wine festival. The interviewer mentions Eric Glomski and Maynard almost snapped back at him "no. he's here with (insert winery name)." The. Just stared at the guy. Kinda seemed like some ill feelings. No longer partners?

Found it. Check at 2:30ish

[youtube][/youtube]
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Who knows what the deal is with Eric. I think you're reading too much into that video.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Words that annoy me:

Snuggle
Cozy
Nap
May may
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:what is the seventh side? http://www.tooltabs.net/Tabs/seventhside.html
I dunno that's weird. But I wouldn't think too much of it. This "album" also dates back to 2009..
Last edited by xZ1mM3r on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

It's on the further tab on toolband. http://www.toolband.com/further/index.html
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Fixed haha. Even so it's not something tool wrote. They just have a link to someone else's site. If I'm correct? But I doubt they had made it far enough in the recording process to give the album a name back in 2008-2009. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't looked on far into it
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Ettan wrote:what is the seventh side? http://www.tooltabs.net/Tabs/seventhside.html
I dunno that's weird. But I wouldn't think too much of it. This "album" also dates back to 2009..
Seventh Side
May 2012 Tool-The Seventh Side
It’s Tool, one of the greatest and most originally talented groups of musicians to ever play together. I know they’re not for everyone, but as a classically trained musician it’s the depth of their writing that has always drawn me in and never disappointed, that and the fact that they rock out like so few can now. Early reviews for this are far more than glowing. Reports are that it will be the best Tool album yet.
Anonymous said...

What early reviews have there been for the new TOOL album? I like to keep up to date with what those guys are doing and I've seen nothing. I'm sure it will be their best album yet because every album they release is better than all their previous albums but I just haven't seen these glowing reviews you're talking about. There are clips of them on Youtube where they're playing something that could be part of a track from the new album. It sounds great, really addictive. It's quite interesting musically, as one would expect from TOOL, really nice build up with Adam Jones playing about with the volume knob, the bassline is using a nice scale (kind of D Phrygian but with a major 3rd), the time signiture is 11/8. It might not be from the new album but I hope (and think) it is. You heard it yet? The clips are taken from a few different shows so it's slightly different each time, and the sound quality varies from video to video so you have to look around a little bit to find the best ones.

I can't see the album being out by May. I don't think they've even begun recording yet. Then they've got to mix the thing. And then there's the artwork. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come out till 2014! But hopefully it'll be out this year. The other thing is the title. Of course, like everyone I've heard rumours of it being called 'The Seventh Side' or, more usually, simply 'Seventh Side' but don't forget that the band said their third album was going to be called 'Systema Encéphale' and look what happened there. The band (or perhaps even someone else) might have started this Seventh Side rumour just to build anticipation or for some other reason.
-J said... As far as the Tool early reviews, an engineer involved with the project was online a few days ago and was sharing info relating to the scratch tracks that had already been laid out. The opinion was that the compositions were mostly complete and what was left was the actual recording, mixing and editing, which is going to take a while.
Do you have a link to what that engineer was saying about the new TOOL, or do you know the name of the website? I'm kind of obsessed so I'd like to read it, if that's at all possible! What you're saying about where they are with the new album makes sense though, that's roughly what I would have expected. I've read in a few places that they started recording at the end of 2011 but I find that very hard to believe considering everything else they've been doing since then.
-J said.. The Tool info actually came through an engineer friend who was peripherally involved in the post production of Lateralus. I'll try to get the site he was talking to the people involved on and post it for those interested. The story given to him was that the concept began in 2009 but didn't really get going until sometime last year. Keenan himself has said that Jones and Carey have been diligently working on an album while he was out with Puscifer.-http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=2323140 As always though, and especially with Tool, rumors abound and usually with far less basis than they claim.
Professor of Lesbian Science
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Bill Hilly wrote:Words that annoy me:

Snuggle
Cozy
Nap
May may
lozenge.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

http://fakeawish.com/ poor souls that believes in these stories
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Newsletter is up. Blair says the guys were working on new stuff during the tour and that he will announce what the infamous "curve ball" is relatively soon.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:that he will announce what the infamous "curve ball" is relatively soon.
So like in December?
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:Newsletter is up. Blair says the guys were working on new stuff during the tour and that he will announce what the infamous "curve ball" is relatively soon.
I don't know that he really says that at all. He really says "I will update you on should I hear anything".
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

True. I'm assuming most of us know what it means when Blair writes something like that. It is a 50/50 thing with him and I took the 50.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Newsletter is up. Blair says the guys were working on new stuff during the tour and that he will announce what the infamous "curve ball" is relatively soon.
I don't know that he really says that at all. He really says "I will update you on should I hear anything".
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Seems my December guesstimate was a little hopeful.
Don't mow your lawn