Random 'A Perfect Circle' Social Media Thread

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
nxrm
Living Duller

Re: Random 'A Perfect Circle' Social Media Thread

Post by nxrm »

M0G wrote:...Concerned that this being released in April will hold up any chance of Tool being released in the Fall.
Don't even hold your breath for later this year sir. Best case scenario, Tool is in the studio this summer and the album is out in early 2019.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:Not sure if I'm being trolled right now.
Had that album artwork surface on April 1st I'd be right there with you.

*still not sure it's the actual artwork for the release though.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

nxrm wrote:
M0G wrote:...Concerned that this being released in April will hold up any chance of Tool being released in the Fall.
Don't even hold your breath for later this year sir. Best case scenario, Tool is in the studio this summer and the album is out in early 2019.
Sadly you are right. If this APC shit wasn't happening they would be in the studio now. Honestly I would love an instrumental only Tool album. I have said it for years. Not gonna happen of course.
The most intelligent person on this forum
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

nxrm wrote:
hellboy wrote:Not sure if I'm being trolled right now.
Had that album artwork surface on April 1st I'd be right there with you.

*still not sure it's the actual artwork for the release though.
To be fair, 13th step artwork is just as ridiculous.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
nxrm wrote:
Sadly you are right. If this APC shit wasn't happening they would be in the studio now. Honestly I would love an instrumental only Tool album. I have said it for years. Not gonna happen of course.
I always thought once Tool fufills their contract that Adam, Danny, and Justin should release an album under the name Triad... and have an album full of tracks like Triad.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
I always thought once Tool fufills their contract that Adam, Danny, and Justin should release an album under the name Triad... and have an album full of tracks like Triad.
I would love that honestly right now for this album but no chance in hell it will happen. Anyway time to duck out of this thread. This is for APC fans. I said it before, I will say it again, no matter how positive I am trying to be, all I see is APC as a road block to new Tool. Even if new APC was fantastic (and nothing I have heard so far is on any level), I would still have a hard time getting hyped for it because i know Tool has an album written, ready for lyrics and tracking.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

ziggy23 wrote:
Just as bad as this
Canned audience laughter
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

M0G wrote:
nxrm wrote:
this is nonsense. tool is MJK, Adam, Danny, and Justin. Not Adam Danny and Justin. get real
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:Another Emotive-esque song. Just not interested at all. Concerned that this being released in April will hold up any chance of Tool being released in the Fall. I don't know why Adam, Justin and Danny just don't go in the studio and starting tracking most of the music now and then Maynard can jump last minute and they can track the lyrics get the shit out for mastering in the summer. They don't need Maynard around for the tracks. Musically I don't think anything these guys have come up with is getting changed, so I don't see why it would cause a delay. Maynard will probably be less involved in this album than any, which is fine by me.
I think the reality here is that Tool aren't as far along as Danny would have us believe. I don't imagine for a second that completing the album is a simple case of Maynard slapping on some lyrics.

My expectation would be that Maynard completes his writing (probably happening now) and then the other three add a final layer of polish/tweaks to the songs to reflect the themes Maynard is trying to capture. At this point in time, I'll be a little surprised if Tool record until a little later in the year.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

My thoughts on the interview/album:
  • The cover and title are pretty awful
  • I liked the new track
  • I reckon the album will be ok, despite the artwork. There is at least a consistent vibe between the new tracks, and I don't dislike them.
  • Several subtle, and not so subtle digs at Tool in that interview. FWIW I think Maynard is right to be frustrated
  • I liked how the interviewer called Maynard out over the politicising of the record. Personally I don't care if the record is political or not, but for Maynard to try and work his way out of what is an overtly political statement seemed a bit silly.
  • I wonder who the other drummers on the album are, if not Friedl
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeah April/ May 2019 are looking likely but hey Maynard has continually said he needs to keep busy. I'm not overly fussed by any of the tunes ive heard for this new APC either but if the dude was gonna put his life on hold while waiting for songs to be completed , after 10 years he would not have accomplished anything. Really cant blame him for this to much or expect him to just drop everything jist because they say they are ready. I know my stubbornness would tell them they have to wait now to. Doesnt mean he won't be penning tunes in his head to the songs while touring apc
Listen to All Them Witches
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

My take on the new APC tracks aside... It’s damn impressive that one dude can front 3 successful acts, somewhat simultaneously and keep them sounding quite distinct. It’s an accomplishment.

I am not a fan of some of the studio APC (Emotive) and certainly a lot of the Puscifer, but both kill live. Much of that depends heavily on MJK putting a great touring band together and delivering consistently good performances. Again, damn impressive.
Ki77aan :twisted:
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

maybe by and down the river is some kind of 3 libras / counting bodies like sheep remix thing. in the world of digital playlists, it just doesn't make sense to release the same song twice under a slightly different name. So I'd have by and down and by and down the river sitting next to each other in my spotify playlist while being the exact same song. dong. shit. #firstworldproblem
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Maybe it's just a re-recording with their new label? The original By and Down was recorded through Virgin Records so perhaps BMG wanted their own version. I have no idea though just a thought.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:Maybe it's just a re-recording with their new label? The original By and Down was recorded through Virgin Records so perhaps BMG wanted their own version. I have no idea though just a thought.
Yeah i was under the assumption that By and Down was just the working title for a song they had been messing with. To my knowledge it was never officially released on an Album. They recorded it in studio and played it live; it did appear live on Stone and Echo as well as on a greatest hits album. But that doesnt feel like an official release... I would assume the 'By and Down the River' is just the finished song.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Wow. Avatars from the past have returned to the boards. Weird. I am excited for the new APC album. I dig all of the new tracks and am excited to hear the other previously unrecorded songs in their album versions. I am sure they will present an eerie sonic landscape for our listening pleasure. APC Killed it live on this last tour. Puscifer has always been awesome live and TOOL was a force of nature at GovBall last year. The APC release sets up a Tool Release in the fall or spring of next year, hopefully with a Salival like pre-seminal release.

Also, I am happy MJK is down to politicize his art. From the very beginning his work had been political. Hush and Opiate are political screeds, third eye and aenima are political gut punches. I am happy he is willing to call out people *cough* “the religious right” *cough* “twitter addicts” *cough* “Trump apologists” *cough* on their hypocrisy and cynicism. In lieu of a quick kick to the head, maybe a rock screed will wake up some of the idiots.
“Casual Fan”
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

New album, 12 songs.
6 songs I've already heard (3 new studio tracks, 2 live tracks (Feathers and Hourglass), and 1 track which was released in 2013 - By & Down).
So only 6 new songs left. Ok...
The artwork is awful and uninspired. I don't care anyway. But it's really stupid.
And I like the new song. It sounds much more better for me than previous two.
Just my 2 cents.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

My analysis:

Music = Good
Artwork = Bad

Looking forward to the remaining 6 songs
munchieswolf
Bronco's Fan

Post by munchieswolf »

xZ1mM3r wrote:They recorded it in studio and played it live; it did appear live on Stone and Echo as well as on a greatest hits album. But that doesnt feel like an official release.
What?
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I knew it was going to be bad, but this is on a whole new level. The album cover isn't even the worst part - the lyrics are. This will not be Emotive 2. This will be Worst Album of 2018.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Bill Hilly wrote:I knew it was going to be bad, but this is on a whole new level. The album cover isn't even the worst part - the lyrics are. This will not be Emotive 2. This will be Worst Album of 2018.
Let's not get carried away here...

Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Haha.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Y'all haven't even heard my new LP yet. Dropping later this year.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Y'all haven't even heard my new LP yet. Dropping later this year.
Please share the cover so we can start judging it
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote:
UndKeineZwEier wrote:Y'all haven't even heard my new LP yet. Dropping later this year.
Please share the cover so we can start judging it
Coming Summer 2018Image
Don't mow your lawn