The Melvins Thread

Music in all its forms and styles
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: The Melvins Thread

Post by not tyson »

It's a small theatre I haven't even heard of but your logic is sound.

It's says 'Over 20 tickets left' which could mean 21 or 500.

It's only $80 anyway.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I can't seem me getting from work to the airport to the 'Gong by the time he goes on.

I'm happy buying you the ticket though. Have a beer for me. Double fist - it'll be like Tuesday night at your joint, without the sobbing.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

We could always drive down to Canberra Saturday and stay the night, you could bus straight back to Sydney on Sunday.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:We could always drive down to Canberra Saturday and stay the night, you could bus straight back to Sydney on Sunday.
Not a bad idea.

Now I've discovered a brand new day slammed straight after the day I thought it was and the day it is, let me consider my options.

It wouldn't feel right unless I chilled at your joint for a few days anyway. You know, wash your dishes, rub my semen into your carpet.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:
joeypants wrote:I LOVE Buzz and the whole idea of the acoustic tour. Love it. But...

I can't be the only one who's anxious to see this thread get bumped for anything OTHER THAN the goddamn acoustic business, right? I WANT THE DOUBLE-DRUM FOURSOME BACK AND I WANT IT RIGHT THIS INSTANT.
Did you read the post a week ago where they said they had an album out in October?
What? Clearly I did not.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Just got back from seeing King Buzzo in SF. It was an excellent show, and he owned the stage.

As mentioned in the Random Thoughts thread earlier, it looked like he might be playing to a pretty small crowd, but that turned out to be a false alarm. By the time he took the stage, there was a very respectable and receptive crowd.

Great mix of Melvins and "This Machine Kills Artists" tunes, plus one Alice Cooper cover. He also regaled us with a "Pointless Story" about Iggy Pop and swore us to secrecy that he'd be back to the Great American on October 20th with the Melvins, touring on that new album Hellboy mentioned above. But don't bother asking him about it, he'll just deny it. It was a bit too short of a set for me. One of those shows where he left us wanting more, but quite satisfied at the same time. If you have a chance to see him on this solo tour, don't hesitate.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[del:]
Last edited by ziggy23 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Thanks Kittaan. I have passed your message of 'don't hesitate" onto the bloke. It's a Wednesday night here so he was querying me.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Kittaan, did he confirm in any way that it was the "foursome," or is it another line up?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants wrote:Kittaan, did he confirm in any way that it was the "foursome," or is it another line up?
He didn't give any more details, but I was stoked that he revealed when he'll be back in SF. That has not been announced yet.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I mean, any Melvins is good Melvins. But I have a strong hankering for the double-drum foursome because let's face it... it's the best.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote:He also regaled us with a "Pointless Story" about Iggy Pop...
I wonder if the Iggy story replaced the one about Dave Grohl, or did he tell that one as well?
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Replaced it. He gave us a "choice" of an Iggy story or a Mike Patton story. But he had already decided on Iggy. He said that it happened during a Fantomas tour, so in a way, we were also getting a Patton story.

I think he's telling different stories at each gig. If anybody wants, I can try to give you the gist of the Iggy story. It's pretty amusing.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The last time I saw them play here in Pensacola, it was with Melvins Lite and he told a really funny story (because there was a tech malfunction too, so this was odd and off the cuff which made it so much better) about the first time they played here, and everyone but him and Dale eating acid and going to jail.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Buzz is super funny and charismatic. Great front man in a very non-traditional way.

Loved how he prowled the stage. And goddamn does he sweat a lot. Everywhere (presumably... I didn't check).
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Hey Kittaan, glad to know you enjoyed the show. I'd been watching a few videos of the tour and the Dave Grohl story seemed to be a standard. Good to know he's mixing it up.

A couple nights before your show Buzz was having some problems with a guy in the audience:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Well, that was unfortunate. Looks like it really threw Buzz off for a bit. He was much more relaxed and into it in SF. Still he handled the situation well.

One other observation: The vocal effects on the album were a little over the the top. He toned it down live and the songs really benefitted from it. Still dig the album quite a bit, and growing on me with repeated listening. CDs were only $10 at the gig, which is very reasonable. Bought a couple for friends.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I presume my copy is in the mail then.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

You snooze you lose! Already delivered... plus the postage would be more than the disc cost!

EDIT: Hey you never answered my offer on the Guthrie show...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan wrote:Well, that was unfortunate. Looks like it really threw Buzz off for a bit. He was much more relaxed and into it in SF. Still he handled the situation well.

One other observation: The vocal effects on the album were a little over the the top. He toned it down live and the songs really benefitted from it. Still dig the album quite a bit, and growing on me with repeated listening. CDs were only $10 at the gig, which is very reasonable. Bought a couple for friends.
So glad you enjoyed the King, mate.

I wasn't sure how to approach your comment leading up to the gig as I had things in my head; but nice. Glad you enjoyed it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan wrote: EDIT: Hey you never answered my offer on the Guthrie show...
Still thinking about it. It's on an awkward night for me, so I'll need to wait a little closer to the event before determining if I can get a leave pass for the night.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
Kittaan wrote: EDIT: Hey you never answered my offer on the Guthrie show...
Still thinking about it. It's on an awkward night for me, so I'll need to wait a little closer to the event before determining if I can get a leave pass for the night.
Come on, mate. It's the King.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

He's talking about Guthrie :?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I already have a King Buzzo ticket!