Movie/TV News

Movies, TV and other video based media
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: Movie/TV News

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Billions on Showtime is making me re-think my total hatred of Damian Lewis as an actor. And question how Paul Giamatti has not won an oscar
and Johnny Depp.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

add Josh Brolin to that list of actors who have been doing it for I dunno, 30 plus years and constantly killing it but never winning an Oscar. he's also a cool interview, this is the first I've seen of him. he covered an array of topics from the Coen brothers, to Thanos, even the Goonies!!!

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Bryan Fuller is going to be busy in the upcoming years as he's just been announced as showrunner for the new Star Trek series. I think this is the third show he's now working on along with American Gods, and Amazing Stories or whatever that show is. #BringBackHannibal

http://www.avclub.com/article/bryan-ful ... ek--231977
Don't mow your lawn
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Late to the party I know but may I just say that y'all have rocks in your heads. Fury Road has to be the most overrated movie (literally) that I have ever seen.

Yes the bloke and I saw it on the big screen.

One long action sequence and a woefully inadequate story line. I only really liked the bass out front of the rig and our Adelaide celebrity Quentin with a very visible role.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Oh and Star Wars was really cool.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I gotta say that I watched about half of Mad Max, had to stop for some reason, and haven't felt compelled enough to watch the last half. Though I enjoyed what I say, the fact that I haven't got around to seeing the rest has to say something. The same applies for Hateful Eight.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

liz wrote:Late to the party I know but may I just say that y'all have rocks in your heads. Fury Road has to be the most overrated movie (literally) that I have ever seen.

Yes the bloke and I saw it on the big screen.

One long action sequence and a woefully inadequate story line. I only really liked the bass out front of the rig and our Adelaide celebrity Quentin with a very visible role.
rocks? where did these rocks come from?! lol. 89 on meta critic, 97% fresh on rotten tomatoes, 8.2 on IMDB and everyone I've spoken to loved it. you and your...uhhhh....bloke? appear to be the silent minority. bloke is very unflattering by the way, you should change that shit up. bloke sounds swollen and unkempt :lol:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The action was cool but Fury Road was eh overall. You could've stuck any other two random actors for Hardy and Theron and it would've been the same flick. The "story" was pretty dumb.

I think that flick is way overrated, and honestly I've yet to hear anyone outside of the Internet tell me they loved it.
Hey! Denty!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Well.......it was better than Prometheus.

For the most part anyways.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:The action was cool but Fury Road was eh overall. You could've stuck any other two random actors for Hardy and Theron and it would've been the same flick. The "story" was pretty dumb.

I think that flick is way overrated, and honestly I've yet to hear anyone outside of the Internet tell me they loved it.
+ 1
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I would qualify liz's post by saying that her opinion may not match that of "the blokes" opinion. If there's ever a movie a woman couldn't enjoy it'd be Mad Max.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote:I would qualify liz's post by saying that her opinion may not match that of "the blokes" opinion. If there's ever a movie a woman couldn't enjoy it'd be Mad Max.
Whilst it is unfortunately true that the gentleman in question (is that better chin?) does not always acquiesce to my view points, in this instance I recall he complained more vehemently than I, as we left the theatre.

We were both amazed at the solid reviews it got across the boards. I have even gone so far as to check out the few reviewers on rotten tomatoes who were critical of it with the hope that their other reviews might point me in the direction of some gems.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I do like movies, that deal with the concept of time, when done well. This indie flick is worth your time.

I do know to go to preview to post a vid link but its not working for me.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

liz wrote:I do like movies, that deal with the concept of time, when done well. This indie flick is worth your time.

I do know to go to preview to post a vid link but its not working for me.
That looks interesting. I'm getting a bit of a Shallow Grave vibe from it.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

this is BY FAR the best trailer for this movie. incredible. bold statement but I believe you will all enjoy this clip.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:bold statement but I believe you will all enjoy this clip.
I doubt it given how terrible the other trailers have been, but I'll watch it this evening and let you know.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

When the previous Batman V Superman trailer was played at the last film I saw, the entire audience burst out laughing.

So awful it makes Warcraft seem promising.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^I'll take things that didn't happen for $200, Alex.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think it was just Califum laughing Cape Fear style behind some hot chick in front.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ravenpig wrote:^I'll take things that didn't happen for $200, Alex.

Oh yeah...it happened. There were sniggers a-plenty, lemme tell ya.

"That's Baffleck...not Batman" someone shouted out. Amongst other things. The whole cinema erupted.

Fittingly enough.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It's true, but only because he was the only person in that theater at that showing.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:bold statement but I believe you will all enjoy this clip.
I doubt it given how terrible the other trailers have been, but I'll watch it this evening and let you know.
There's a lot of Batman action and it looks a lot like the combat in the Arkham games.
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:It's true, but only because he was the only person in that theater at that showing.

Nope. Not even.

Keep on defending the "Awesomeness" of superhero flicks , guys. Gives me something to giggle at if nothing else.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't think anyone is defending the awesomeness of superhero flicks (NYHC seems to be the only one with any kind of enthusiasm for this movie), more the validity of your story.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: There's a lot of Batman action and it looks a lot like the combat in the Arkham games.
The games are great, but don't necessarily make for a good movie.