New Music Thread

Music in all its forms and styles
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

New Music Thread

Post by hellboy »

Listened to any new music lately online lately?   If you have, feel free to share it in this thread.  New and established artists both welcome.  Please include a link with some audio, and a description of the band and genre.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Came across this stoner rock band last night called Romero via a grindcore site that I frequent.  Excellent stuff and I imagine there's a large group of you that would appreciate a listen.  Full download of the album Take The Potion available via Bandcamp:

http://grindcorekaraoke.com/album/take-the-potion

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

This may not be "new" to some but yesterday I just learned that Mastodon did the whole soundtrack to "Jonah Hex"

A shame they recorded new(er) music to what looked to be such a shitty movie but still have got to give it a listen at some point.
I like to poop naked.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

hellboy1975 said
Came across this stoner rock band last night called Romero via a grindcore site that I frequent.  Excellent stuff and I imagine there's a large group of you that would appreciate a listen.  Full download of the album Take The Potion available via Bandcamp:

http://grindcorekaraoke.com/album/take-the-potion

Really diggin' the track "In The Heather". And here I thought I exhausted the stoner genre. 

"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

gamebounty said 
Really diggin' the track "In The Heather". And here I thought I exhausted the stoner genre. 

Yeah me too, but this band has some good stuff.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

^Who hasn't been?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

A new live track from one of my all time favorite bassists, Percy Jones (most famous for Brand X).  His tone and technique are completely unique and recognizable from the first notes. Nice drums and guitar as well, but he's the star.

Give it a listen.

Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Here is some old school sounding Grindcore/Death Metal from a band called Mummifier:

http://grindcorekaraoke.com/album/advan ... -procedure

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

^link works but the player doesn't

and I take these guys are into mummies....?...seeing as half the songs have the word mummy in them? lol now i really wanna hear em
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Player worked for me.  Checked out a little bit, wasn't bad.  Worth a download.  If I like it enough, I may even splurge for the cassette.

Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

UndKeineEier said
Player worked for me.  Checked out a little bit, wasn't bad.  Worth a download.  If I like it enough, I may even splurge for the cassette.

I just tried it again and still won't load...just sits and spins...

no death metal for me

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Hellboy - I listened (or really just sampled a few seconds of each track) to the Mummifier shit.  I find it unlistenable, but that should come as no surprise.  Still, I gave it a shot.

On the other hand, I'm now actively listening to Romero, of which I find a lot to like.  

So, these two releases just happen to be on a Grindcore site, but Romero is not considered GC, right?

Also, I'm curious if you listened to the Percy Jones up there, and what you thought.  Especially being a bass player yourself.  Have you heard him before?
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan said 

So, these two releases just happen to be on a Grindcore site, but Romero is not considered GC, right?

Also, I'm curious if you listened to the Percy Jones up there, and what you thought.  Especially being a bass player yourself.  Have you heard him before?

Nope, Romero definitely not defined as Grindcore.  That label, while called Grindcore Karaoke is more of a DIY label than a grindcore one (though most bands on it are grindcore or have elements of it).

I will listen to Percy, but as yet haven't done so.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

This album is going to be amazing!

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah that Mummifier album was pretty boring. 

I will NOT be picking up the cassette.

Romero is good.

Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

thank me i didn't buy it then,

fucking a.....i never did get to listen to it though....still would like to....
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Tyson said
This album is going to be amazing!

Nice!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

cheeseballs said
thank me i didn't buy it then,

fucking a.....i never did get to listen to it though....still would like to....

You asked for it.

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

New track from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Jubilee Street.  Video is slightly NSFW:

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said
New track from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Jubilee Street.  Video is slightly NSFW:

That being the first song I've ever heard from him

I must say I dug the hell out of that.  

Has the feel of something Tarantino would use in a movie.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Meshuggah have a new "EP" coming out called Pitch Black.  I put EP in quotes as it only has two songs, and one of them is a live recording.  Here's the original one:

gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Hell yes to that Nick Cave song. I've gone through some of their stuff before and didn''t really dig but this new one is great. the new Meshuggah is cool too, I like the vocals.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

gamebounty said
Hell yes to that Nick Cave song. I've gone through some of their stuff before and didn''t really dig but this new one is great.

I agree.  Didn't like the first single but this one is excellent.  Full album has also just leaked.

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
Meshuggah have a new "EP" coming out called Pitch Black.  I put EP in quotes as it only has two songs, and one of them is a live recording.  Here's the original one:

That's pretty cool.  Downloading now.

Don't mow your lawn