Post by Ravenpig »

Holy fuck look at those set lists... *drool*
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Nine Inch Nails

Post by hellboy »

Let's hope they come down to Australia on this tour...
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Ravenpig wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:46 pm Holy fuck look at those set lists... *drool*
It was truly stunning. Also, was not a big fan at all on the album, but live God Break Down The Door tore my goddamn face off! Ditto Over And Out (he also played sax during that).
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ha wtf

I both didn’t know and it doesn’t surprise me at all that he knows how to play the sax.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

How did you not know that?
Don't mow your lawn
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Haven’t entered 4theye forums in awhile...

Went to the first two nights of the tour in Phoenix, and the Saturday show in Chicago. They were fucking awesome, and yes these setlists are (mostly) amazing. The production is nothing elaborate, but they definitely do the most out of lighting, fog, and strobes.

The band sounds phenomenal, and Trent’s voice is better right now than it has been since probably before the With Teeth days. Still one of the best, if not the best, live bands out there.

Never could get into Bad Witch, still think it blows and is probably the weakest thing in the NIN discography. Good time to take a piss and grab a beverage when a weak track comes on. Not complaint though since he seems to be putting a lot of effort into the live act.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:15 pm How did you not know that?
He’s never mentioned it in one of our weekly conversations.
Hey! Denty!
ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

I've been listening to NIИ since 1995 and I've never had a chance to see them live, and this is fucking killing me... FUCK.
Get down make love
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ziggy23 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:12 pm I've been listening to NIИ since 1995 and I've never had a chance to see them live, and this is fucking killing me... FUCK.
Get down make love
Make it happen. I agree with everyone else here in that NIN are in the top tier of live acts.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Trent posted the setlist for their between set playlist. Good jams. https://nin.lnk.to/SetChangePlaylist
“Casual Fan”
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Seeing them tomorrow and I'm super hyped! Almost as hyped as I was for Tool.

Question: didn't they use some hologram stuff for their shows in the past? It doesn't seem like they are using it for this tour, which is kind of a bummer cuz I've never seen anything like that before.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

gamebounty wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:42 pm Seeing them tomorrow and I'm super hyped! Almost as hyped as I was for Tool.

Question: didn't they use some hologram stuff for their shows in the past? It doesn't seem like they are using it for this tour, which is kind of a bummer cuz I've never seen anything like that before.
NIN has never done holograms. They’ve used interactive stuff (sensors, cameras, Kinect) for some of their tours, but no holograms ever. Is there something specific you’re referencing?... (like a YouTube video?)

It’s a pretty low production tour- no LED screens even so if you were really looking forward to some NIN stage magic it’s not gonna happen. The lighting looks great though.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

This is why: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/nine-inc ... -concerts/
Trent Reznor said he’d given up on his career-long “arms race” of delivering high-tech immersive concert experiences after he realized some leading artists had “blatantly” ripped off Nine Inch Nails productions.
Instead, he found inspiration from seeing the Cure and the Jesus and Mary Chain in the ‘80s. He argued that the result was a new “danger” and “unpredictability” in NIN shows. “I’ve been obsessed with, since the beginning, attempting, with whatever resources I had access to, transforming the live venue into as much of an immersive experience as possible,” Reznor said in a new BBC interview. "And that usually relied on, when we finally had access to it, screens and experimental production techniques.”
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

There's nothing specific I'm looking for. Thought I saw something a few years ago that looked like hologram work. It looked pretty cool but I won't be able to find it. Stuff like this is pretty wild too.

I'm a little bummed that this tour is low production by NIN standards, but I'm sure it's gonna be great regardless. Thanks for the replies!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I was bummed going in, but the light show they have currently is fucking amazing! It's apples/oranges, but I would put what they're doing now on an equal platform compared to the super high-powered LED stuff they were doing years ago. Also, pretty sure this is the "hologram" type stuff you're thinking of. Not a "hologram" per se, but more using different layers/depths of LED walls to produce a kind of 3D effect:

(it really kicks in around the 3 min mark)
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

NIN’s best visuals over the last decade or so have come during “Only”. Don’t have the time at the moment to paste them here but go to YouTube and check out the Only live stuff from:

- live 2005 Beside You In Time DVD
- live 2006 summer tour (was an extra in the “bonus” material BYIT DVD)
- live 2008 Lights In the Sky tour
- Live 2013 summer tour (and 2014 tour, which used the same production)

They didn’t play it during Tension (fall 2013 arena tour). Disappointed and Satellite were two of the visual highlights during Tension.
-
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Joey that's what I was thinking of! That would be mind blowing to see. I'll trust what Trent has cooked up for tonight though.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

gamebounty wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:02 pm Joey that's what I was thinking of! That would be mind blowing to see. I'll trust what Trent has cooked up for tonight though.
How did you like the show?

Just saw the setlist on setlistfm and thought it was pretty weak to be honest. A bit too heavy on the recent trilogy EP’s for my taste.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

It definitely wasn't my dream set. A lot of my favorite songs didn't make the cut. But the show was still incredible. I moshed for the first time and felt alive in new ways! I really hope they tour again soon.
ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

Nine Inch Nails‘ Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross composed the score for the recently Netflix film ‘Bird Box‘ and you can stream the track “Outside” from it below. You can find the soundtrack for purchase here, with plans to have it arrive on streaming services on January 25th or earlier. Those in the market for a physical product may want to hold off however as Reznor himself stated that an expanded edition is on the way this spring. He said of that:

OUR SCORE FOR THE FILM BIRD BOX IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE IN HIGH-RESOLUTION HERE. THIS SAME VERSION WILL APPEAR ON STREAMING SERVICES BY JAN 25TH (OR SOONER). LIKE ALL SOUNDTRACK RECORDS WE RELEASE, WE AIM FOR THESE TO PLAY LIKE ALBUMS THAT TAKE YOU ON A JOURNEY AND CAN EXIST AS COMPANION PIECES TO THE FILMS AND AS THEIR OWN SEPARATE WORKS.

WE CREATED A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF MUSIC AND CONCEPTUAL SOUND FOR BIRD BOX, A LOT OF WHICH NEVER MADE IT TO YOUR EARS IN THE FINAL VERSION OF THE FILM. WE’VE DECIDED TO PRESENT YOU WITH THIS VERSION OF THE SOUNDTRACK RECORD THAT REPRESENTS WHAT BIRD BOX IS TO US. WE HOPE YOU ENJOY.

FOR THOSE INTERESTED, WE WILL BE RELEASING A MORE EXPANSIVE (READ: MORE SELF-INDULGENT) PHYSICAL-ONLY OFFERING THIS SPRING THAT WILL CONTAIN AN ADDITIONAL HOUR OF MUSIC AND ARTWORK THAT COLORS FURTHER OUTSIDE THE LINES… ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

LOTS COMING IN 2019,
TRENT

https://store.nin.com/products/bird-box ... digital-lp
- You like noisy music?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Why was Trent yelling?
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

He's an angry man
ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

https://store-uk.nin.com/products/watchmen-soundtrack

WATCHMEN (MUSIC FROM THE HBO SERIES)

THREE UNIQUE LPS SPECIFICALLY TIMED TO BE RELEASED THROUGHOUT THE FIRST SEASON OF HBO'S WATCHMEN. CREATED IN COLLABORATION WITH THE SHOW'S WRITERS, EACH LP FEATURES THE SCORE FROM ACADEMY AWARD WINNERS TRENT REZNOR AND ATTICUS ROSS AS WELL AS ARTWORK AND PACKAGING EXCLUSIVE TO THIS VINYL RELEASE THAT EXPLORES THE CULTURE OF WATCHMEN AMERICA AND PROVIDES REVEALING INSIGHTS INTO THE SAGA'S MYTHOLOGY AND MYSTERIES.

LPS ARE PRESSED ON 180GRAM VINYL

IF MULTIPLE VOLUMES ARE ORDERED, THEY WILL ALL SHIP TOGETHER.

VOLUME 01 - RELEASE DATE 4 NOVEMBER, 2019
SHIPS ON OR AROUND 4 NOVEMBER, 2019. IF MULTIPLE VOLUMES ARE ORDERED, THEY WILL ALL SHIP TOGETHER.

01. HOW THE WEST WAS REALLY WON
02. TRACK 2
03. TRACK 3
04. TRACK 4
05. TRACK 5
06. TRACK 6
07. TRACK 7
08. TRACK 8
09. TRACK 9
10. TRACK 10
11. TRACK 11
12. TRACK 12
13. TRACK 13
14. TRACK 14
15. TRACK 15

VOLUME 02 - RELEASE DATE 25 NOVEMBER, 2019
SHIPS ON OR AROUND 25 NOVEMBER, 2019. IF MULTIPLE VOLUMES ARE ORDERED, THEY WILL ALL SHIP TOGETHER.

01. TRACK 1
02. TRACK 2
03. TRACK 3
04. TRACK 4
05. TRACK 5
06. TRACK 6
07. TRACK 7
08. TRACK 8
09. TRACK 9
10. TRACK 10
11. TRACK 11
12. TRACK 12
13. TRACK 13

VOLUME 03 - RELEASE DATE 16 DECEMBER, 2019
SHIPS ON OR AROUND 16 DECEMBER, 2019. IF MULTIPLE VOLUMES ARE ORDERED, THEY WILL ALL SHIP TOGETHER.

01. TRACK 1
02. TRACK 2
03. TRACK 3
04. TRACK 4
05. TRACK 5
06. TRACK 6
07. TRACK 7
08. TRACK 8
09. TRACK 9
10. TRACK 10
11. TRACK 11
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?