Ask Junior...

The Main Event
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: Ask Junior...

Post by ms2r »

That's a nice background is also gives a good info on why anything couldn't be announced.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Jignior just covering his tracks as per usual.
Canned audience laughter
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

It was actually a pretty unique moment being there in the crowd; we didn't know what the outcome was going to be and some of us started saying things like "Um, they might have to call off the whole show if they cannot get the sound going again..." 😬

But other highlights included Justin deciding to entertain the crowd with a little dancing / jig and Danny deciding to lay down on the stage and rest while everything was getting fixed up.

In all seriousness though, we only had to wait maybe 5 to 10 minutes tops before they successfully launched back into Pushit. This was much to the relief of a LOT of people in the crowd. For example, the group next to me had driven 11 hours down from a town in Montana to see the show, a woman had come up from Sacramento and another couple had come down from just north of Spokane because they couldn't get to the Tacoma show.

Anyway, all good! Let's go Sacramento tonight! 🏆😎👍

ALSO: Happy Birthday Adam !!!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Hey Junior, with the setlists changing slightly each night, how much notice do you get to prepare? Are the shows/setlists planned out way ahead of time or is the band submitting the setlist to you nightly? I assume you are manually running the visuals/lights given that pacing of the band will change from night to night, so it seems as though you would need some heads up.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:18 am Hey Junior, with the setlists changing slightly each night, how much notice do you get to prepare? Are the shows/setlists planned out way ahead of time or is the band submitting the setlist to you nightly? I assume you are manually running the visuals/lights given that pacing of the band will change from night to night, so it seems as though you would need some heads up.
We find out after soundcheck, typically.
So around 5 or 6pm.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

junior wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:31 pm
xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:18 am Hey Junior, with the setlists changing slightly each night, how much notice do you get to prepare? Are the shows/setlists planned out way ahead of time or is the band submitting the setlist to you nightly? I assume you are manually running the visuals/lights given that pacing of the band will change from night to night, so it seems as though you would need some heads up.
We find out after soundcheck, typically.
So around 5 or 6pm.
Fingers crossed for Right in Two in Denver!!!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

How are you holding up Junior? I bet there is some break in time to get back into the swing of touring. Also, how is Maynard’s voice holding up? He said his bout with covid really messed with his lungs…
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:57 am How are you holding up Junior? I bet there is some break in time to get back into the swing of touring. Also, how is Maynard’s voice holding up? He said his bout with covid really messed with his lungs…
Doing ok.
Adjusting to trying to to this while distancing and masked is a bit different, but it’s what it takes to keep the show going.

His voice seems fine to me. He’s been going for some of the yells that he used to skip. People seem happy.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

junior wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:18 pm
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:57 am How are you holding up Junior? I bet there is some break in time to get back into the swing of touring. Also, how is Maynard’s voice holding up? He said his bout with covid really messed with his lungs…
Doing ok.
Adjusting to trying to to this while distancing and masked is a bit different, but it’s what it takes to keep the show going.

His voice seems fine to me. He’s been going for some of the yells that he used to skip. People seem happy.
Very good to hear! Hope things can continue to at least be consistent. Everything seems to go from one extreme to the other these days. Can’t wait to see you and the boys ply your trades on the 4th in Houston…
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

I may have said hi to you junior in portland 2014.......was outside my hotel having a smoke. may have told you to 'break a leg' a theatre thing.
go taff!
trampis
My pain is just an excuse

Post by trampis »

In San Antonio for the show tonight, can't wait!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Hi Junior, first of all, just wanted to say last night's San Antonio show was on point! Lighting was spectacular as usual, and I though the sound was pretty damn good considering AT&T's square-shape design and arena acoustics in general. The boys' performance was magnificent. Given the current situation in Texas, I was curious with how the weather is affecting the tour. Do y'all "leap frog" two sets of equipment in case of scenarios where gear might get stuck in a city do to icy conditions or something similar? Fascinated to see how such a big production has to work around this kind of thing. Stay safe out there!
Ahhh, Infotainment!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

limeygringo wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:30 am Hi Junior, first of all, just wanted to say last night's San Antonio show was on point! Lighting was spectacular as usual, and I though the sound was pretty damn good considering AT&T's square-shape design and arena acoustics in general. The boys' performance was magnificent. Given the current situation in Texas, I was curious with how the weather is affecting the tour. Do y'all "leap frog" two sets of equipment in case of scenarios where gear might get stuck in a city do to icy conditions or something similar? Fascinated to see how such a big production has to work around this kind of thing. Stay safe out there!
We only have one set of equipment on the road.
In some situations where we know the rigging (attaching the motor chain hooks to the beams in the ceiling) might be a challenge due to the building, or if the distance travelled from the night before prevents an on-time (6am) morning start, we'll send our head rigger ahead and utilize another set of wire rope and shackles to get the process started. Other than that, it's all done with one set of gear in 14 tractor-trailers.
This is typical of most arena tours. You start having multiple sets of gear mostly on stadium-sized tours (depending on how many they do per week), though some arena tours might do it if they have a really tight schedule or a huge production.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Stay safe Junior and I will see you (or at least your handiwork) tomorrow night and welcome to Texas!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

time for some texas style headphones! meember! ha
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Thanks for a spectacular visual treat Junior! You killed it last night.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:13 am Thanks for a spectacular visual treat Junior! You killed it last night.
Thanks
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Howdy Junior. Hope the tour is going well for you. Curious if there was a reason they dusted off Undertow the other night? Special request?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:55 pm Howdy Junior. Hope the tour is going well for you. Curious if there was a reason they dusted off Undertow the other night? Special request?
Don't know. I knew they'd been practicing it, but that's about it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Apparently, they whipped it out again last night.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Man they can get funky with that song.
cahernandez
My pain is just an excuse

Post by cahernandez »

Junior, are you Graham Jelly on Instagram? I saw the video Adam posted on IG, of that Graham Jelly scoring that three-pointer rugby ball/football on a basket, that was amazing!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

cahernandez wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:48 am Junior, are you Graham Jelly on Instagram? I saw the video Adam posted on IG, of that Graham Jelly scoring that three-pointer rugby ball/football on a basket, that was amazing!
I'm not. He's our lighting crew chief.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

I saw that, great shot!
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hey, Junior, is that a new thing with the lighting rig running above the crowd on either side of the floor ? i dont recall seeing that before. not bad! more lights,more sound. at least they're spending some of that coin from those hard earned posters! Too bad i couldn't see this tour but from an outside perspective it looks like it was a fun one. Be well!