Ask Junior...

The Main Event
junior
Green Herbsman

Re: Ask Junior...

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:44 am hey, Junior, is that a new thing with the lighting rig running above the crowd on either side of the floor ? i dont recall seeing that before. not bad! more lights,more sound. at least they're spending some of that coin from those hard earned posters! Too bad i couldn't see this tour but from an outside perspective it looks like it was a fun one. Be well!
We started doing that in January 2020 as a combo system with the effects PA that sound started doing in October 2019.
This time out (January 2022) we doubled the amount of lights over the crowd.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

cool! i remember the added speakers back in 2019. i was just lumping it all together cause its all kinda new still i guess.

i thought there was more to the lights from recent fan pics and stuff. right on! thanks!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Junior, this may be way outside your sphere, but I was wondering if there is any talk about why Adam is playing the Flying V this tour? Maybe just a “cause I can” thing, but the release of the limited and now “affordable” silver starburst got me thinking about it.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:17 pm Junior, this may be way outside your sphere, but I was wondering if there is any talk about why Adam is playing the Flying V this tour? Maybe just a “cause I can” thing, but the release of the limited and now “affordable” silver starburst got me thinking about it.
I don't know the exact reason, but as part of his ongoing relationship with Gibson I would imagine they have inspired him to try out some of their models other than the Les Paul, and maybe he took a liking to the V. He's also been friends with Richie Faulkner (Judas Priest) for a while, and Richie plays V's, so maybe there's a connection there.

Adam has only played Les Pauls (onstage, anyway) for so long, maybe he just wants to mix it up a bit and have some variety.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Many thanks Junior. Just saw Priest in Austin a couple of weeks ago. They can still shred. Rob looks like a heavy metal Santa with that white beard.

Safe travels!
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

junior wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:16 am He's also been friends with Richie Faulkner (Judas Priest) for a while, and Richie plays V's, so maybe there's a connection there.
I was there at Louder than Life last year when Richie had that aortic dissection during the song Painkiller. He is incredibly lucky.

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hes copying his sunglasses too sometimes, easter egg!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Great running into you yesterday Junior. Small world indeed. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:04 pm Great running into you yesterday Junior. Small world indeed. :D
I guess the stalking is going well then, Norm? :lol:
Ki77aan :twisted:
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

nxrm wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:04 pm Great running into you yesterday Junior. Small world indeed. :D
yes
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Junior, with you being the TMZ of Tool & APC, is there any proof the the rumour that when recording Mer De Noms, that Josh Freese recorded his drums in the studio under the guise it was for GNR's Chinese Democracy sessions?
Canned audience laughter
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:28 pm
Pure coincidence I assure you. The no stalking on Sunday rule still applies. :D

Although it did make me wonder how often Junior gets noticed in public. I'm sure he was just as surprised as I was.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

tys0n wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:29 am Junior, with you being the TMZ of Tool & APC, is there any proof the the rumour that when recording Mer De Noms, that Josh Freese recorded his drums in the studio under the guise it was for GNR's Chinese Democracy sessions?
No idea. I wasn't involved with any of the early APC stuff, nor any of the recent stuff.

It sounds plausible, though. Billy did work for GnR for a bit in the mid-90's.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

nxrm wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:51 am
Kittaan wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:28 pm
Pure coincidence I assure you. The no stalking on Sunday rule still applies. :D

Although it did make me wonder how often Junior gets noticed in public. I'm sure he was just as surprised as I was.
Not often. Mostly only at Tool-related events.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Just saw the news about one of the guys on the Tool sound mixing side being diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. There is a go fund me for him. Help out if you can. Cancer is a motherfucker…
https://www.gofundme.com/f/9h6s7t-steve-walsh
Hellboy let me know if this is not kosher.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Happy belated Birthday Junior!

Hope you have a great time in Europe with the Tool crew.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

nxrm wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:50 am Happy belated Birthday Junior!

Hope you have a great time in Europe with the Tool crew.
Thanks. Spent most of it on the flight and/or sleeping, but otherwise was good.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Enjoy europe Junior! Make sure to eat some skagenrora in Sweden, thank me later. See you in Stockholm!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Ettan wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:03 am Enjoy europe Junior! Make sure to eat some skagenrora in Sweden, thank me later. See you in Stockholm!
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don’t eat shrimp.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Enjoy the time, man!
Looking forward to see you guys in Germany.

*please don't forget to drink enough beer here :D
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Junior how was the first show in Europe in a really long time? Is it all you remember and more? Do you get some time to sightsee? I assume the boys fly between shows, do you get on the plane or do you bus to the next gig? Will you grab me one of those signed Copenhagen posters? I will pay you back… 😃. Stay safe over there. You know there’s a war on.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:12 pm Junior how was the first show in Europe in a really long time? Is it all you remember and more? Do you get some time to sightsee? I assume the boys fly between shows, do you get on the plane or do you bus to the next gig? Will you grab me one of those signed Copenhagen posters? I will pay you back… 😃. Stay safe over there. You know there’s a war on.
It’s all busses. No plane.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

tys0n wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:29 am Junior, with you being the TMZ of Tool & APC, is there any proof the the rumour that when recording Mer De Noms, that Josh Freese recorded his drums in the studio under the guise it was for GNR's Chinese Democracy sessions?
The drums were recorded for GnR's Chinese Democracy ... Billy and Nardo stole the recordings and crafted the rest of the music and lyrics around the drums. Freese was none the wiser.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Hey Junior, saw that they dusted off Ticks in Frankfort. I had the privilege to see it the last time they played it in 2012 and it was excellent. When they start pulling out the one offs, do you have the visuals with you for all their songs or are doing kinda winging it for these tunes?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:25 pm Hey Junior, saw that they dusted off Ticks in Frankfort. I had the privilege to see it the last time they played it in 2012 and it was excellent. When they start pulling out the one offs, do you have the visuals with you for all their songs or are doing kinda winging it for these tunes?
It depends. Usually they rehearse the song at least a few times at soundchecks, so we're not completely surprised.