Ask Junior...

The Main Event
bob
Toast

Re: Ask Junior...

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:06 pm
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:25 pm Hey Junior, saw that they dusted off Ticks in Frankfort. I had the privilege to see it the last time they played it in 2012 and it was excellent. When they start pulling out the one offs, do you have the visuals with you for all their songs or are doing kinda winging it for these tunes?
It depends. Usually they rehearse the song at least a few times at soundchecks, so we're not completely surprised.
They teased ticks & leeches at the toronto 2012 show. stopped it and quickly began with Sober. still mad about that! cater to the masses being its a big toronto crowd ? maynard u sell out! haha
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

bob wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 am
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:25 pm Hey Junior, saw that they dusted off Ticks in Frankfort. I had the privilege to see it the last time they played it in 2012 and it was excellent. When they start pulling out the one offs, do you have the visuals with you for all their songs or are doing kinda winging it for these tunes?
It depends. Usually they rehearse the song at least a few times at soundchecks, so we're not completely surprised.
They teased ticks & leeches at the toronto 2012 show. stopped it and quickly began with Sober. still mad about that! cater to the masses being its a big toronto crowd ? maynard u sell out! haha
Funny story along those lines. They did 2 nights in Dallas and I was lucky enough to go to both. They opened with HWAP both nights and, on night 1, 3 songs in, Danny launched into Ticks and Leaches and everyone went nuts, except it was only Danny playing for about 15 seconds. Maynard made a comment to the effect “this is what Danny isn’t” and launched into Sober (for the first time in 5 years according to setlist.fm.

They played Ticks in that spot on night 2 and it was really cool.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Highlight of the European tour so far Junior?
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:43 pm
bob wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 am

Funny story along those lines. They did 2 nights in Dallas and I was lucky enough to go to both. They opened with HWAP both nights and, on night 1, 3 songs in, Danny launched into Ticks and Leaches and everyone went nuts, except it was only Danny playing for about 15 seconds. Maynard made a comment to the effect “this is what Danny isn’t” and launched into Sober (for the first time in 5 years according to setlist.fm.

They played Ticks in that spot on night 2 and it was really cool.
sounds like how they did it here pretty much. danny starts the song as usual and as soon as the rest come in is where it stops. as in you dont hear anyone except danny stop and then dah-dah - dah-dah and then me going FUUUCK! haha
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

nxrm wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:22 am Highlight of the European tour so far Junior?
unsure
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

junior wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:53 pm
nxrm wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:22 am Highlight of the European tour so far Junior?
unsure
I'll take that as "Lots of great moments so far, difficult to pick one." :D

From the few reviews I've read it sounds like the fans are loving it too.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

So, Junior about all the high quality camera equipment seen at the O2 shows… did you sign an NDA and can you comment on the potential of a live Blu-ray release in 2029 on the 10th anniversary of Fear Inoculum? 😀

Along the lines of the question above, have you heard them play a set and think “damn, that is the one of the best I’ve heard from them” or do you even notice the music anymore?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:35 am So, Junior about all the high quality camera equipment seen at the O2 shows… did you sign an NDA and can you comment on the potential of a live Blu-ray release in 2029 on the 10th anniversary of Fear Inoculum? 😀

Along the lines of the question above, have you heard them play a set and think “damn, that is the one of the best I’ve heard from them” or do you even notice the music anymore?
None of the shows on the "Fear Inoculum" tour (2019-2022) have been recorded in a way that could be used for a concert film, and there are not yet any plans to do so that I've heard about.

The last time they captured the show in a way that could be a concert film was in 2002 when they recorded a few shows at the end of the "Lateralus" tour. I don't know if they ever plan to release that footage.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

well app that wasnt the case the other night. disclaimers around the venue saying ur being filmed etc etc. dont believe the hype!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:11 pm well app that wasnt the case the other night. disclaimers around the venue saying ur being filmed etc etc. dont believe the hype!
Leftover from a previous show. Not our signs.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

junior wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:13 am
bob wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:11 pm well app that wasnt the case the other night. disclaimers around the venue saying ur being filmed etc etc. dont believe the hype!
Leftover from a previous show. Not our signs.
That is exactly what someone would say to throw us off the scent! Kidding... :lol:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ha, really ? after all the way they can be its tough. Junior wouldnt steer us wrong though so im cool with that. Thanks dude!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Thanks Junior.
also, Avatar!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Prague got them a nice setlist! How you holding up junior?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Calling all Juniors…. Checking in now that the tour has wound down. Hope you have had a chance to recuperated from the travels. What was your favorite show from the European tour? Are you working with any other tours? Any favorite city over there?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yeah giving a heads up on an Oz tour would be grand so I can save my cash and go to every show.

Obviously you can't do this and I've saved my cash anyway,
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeah since Tools schedule obviously priorities my life availability, can you please arrange an Aus tour before end of February 2023 thanks in advance.
Listen to All Them Witches
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:42 pm Calling all Juniors…. Checking in now that the tour has wound down. Hope you have had a chance to recuperated from the travels. What was your favorite show from the European tour? Are you working with any other tours? Any favorite city over there?
I've been keeping busy with a Pink Floyd tribute band (Brit Floyd) I've been working with off and on since 2018.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

junior wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:21 pm
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:42 pm Calling all Juniors…. Checking in now that the tour has wound down. Hope you have had a chance to recuperated from the travels. What was your favorite show from the European tour? Are you working with any other tours? Any favorite city over there?
I've been keeping busy with a Pink Floyd tribute band (Brit Floyd) I've been working with off and on since 2018.
Cool.

We went to see Nick Mason and a Saucerful of Secrets in June
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ms2r wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:21 pm
junior wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:21 pm
Cool.

We went to see Nick Mason and a Saucerful of Secrets in June
I've heard that's very good. My schedule just hasn't lined up with being able to see it anywhere. I have watched the Blu-ray of his tour from a few years ago, though.
I'm going to go see Roger Waters next week in Denver. A number of our Tool crew are out on that. At least 8 or 10 of them, I think.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Yeah, the show was a lot better than I expected. Really fun they only played the earlier stuff.

Have fun at Roger Waters, hopefully he decides a European tour next year.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Yay, Roger Waters tickets in the pocket.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ms2r wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:24 am Yay, Roger Waters tickets in the pocket.
Turned out more of the Tool crew were on it than I estimated. It's at least 20 of them.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Junior,

is it true that you personally come to every owner of the new skull and install the LED lightshow?

Otherwise it would be hard to explain the prices...
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

At least Dan Aykroyd sold his with vodka.
Canned audience laughter