Ask Junior...

The Main Event
junior
Green Herbsman

Re: Ask Junior...

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:03 pm Looks like things kick off on Monday. Junior, you ready to go?
We’ll see.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

How do you feel like it went? Any rust to shake off? My offer of a beer in Houston still stands!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

junior wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:35 pm
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:03 pm Looks like things kick off on Monday. Junior, you ready to go?
We’ll see.
You must have been having a good laugh seeing our set expectations in the build up to last night mate :lol:
Listen to All Them Witches
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Junior, how much time did they give you with last nights setlist?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

stay safe out there, Junior. i hope the dogs dont steal your weed ;)

its a friggin miracle with that setlist! hows the start of the ''covid tour'' going ? tell us all the gossip!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:29 am How do you feel like it went? Any rust to shake off? My offer of a beer in Houston still stands!
It’s good to be doing it again.
I think everyone probably has some rust.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:34 pm
junior wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:35 pm
We’ll see.
You must have been having a good laugh seeing our set expectations in the build up to last night mate :lol:
I didn’t really look that close.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:59 pm Junior, how much time did they give you with last nights setlist?
About as much time as they had with it.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:36 pm stay safe out there, Junior. i hope the dogs dont steal your weed ;)

its a friggin miracle with that setlist! hows the start of the ''covid tour'' going ? tell us all the gossip!
No weed to be stolen, so am ok there.
The dogs are cool.

PPE isn’t fun, but it’s what we need to do to keep this show on the road.
I’ve been used to being masked-up all day from the past year of TV work, but it’s still no fun.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i remember you don't smoke weed/even allergic, just havin' fun.

Agreed, wearing a mask i dont mind but for long periods it sucks.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

junior wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:45 am
bob wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:36 pm stay safe out there, Junior. i hope the dogs dont steal your weed ;)

The dogs are cool.

I’ve been used to being masked-up all day from the past year of TV work, but it’s still no fun.
I didn’t even think about that. I am very appreciative of your and the whole tour’s willingness to put up with the red tape and uncomfortable working conditions to start touring again. I have tickets to Diana Krall (now postponed), Tool, Judas Priest (rescheduled due to guitarist’s on stage heart attack) and Iron Maiden so far. Looks like Tool will be the my first show since I saw them on the last (I guess current?) tour. I am beyond hyped to hear some loud, loud music and see bright, bright lights and lasers! You're bringing the lasers, right Junior?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:20 pm
junior wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:45 am

The dogs are cool.

I didn’t even think about that. I am very appreciative of your and the whole tour’s willingness to put up with the red tape and uncomfortable working conditions to start touring again. I have tickets to Diana Krall (now postponed), Tool, Judas Priest (rescheduled due to guitarist’s on stage heart attack) and Iron Maiden so far. Looks like Tool will be the my first show since I saw them on the last (I guess current?) tour. I am beyond hyped to hear some loud, loud music and see bright, bright lights and lasers! You're bringing the lasers, right Junior?
We still have lasers.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Oh, Junior, if I am getting on the nerves, just tell me to fuck off. If nothing else, I would love to at least give you wave and talk how about weird it is that an Australian tool forum brought 2 people together in Texas. It could be the love for the ages…
turkeypilgrim
Maynard Believer

Post by turkeypilgrim »

Hey dude, I know this isnt your bag or jam, but I gotta ask, anyone you could poke for the merch sales to limit poster sales to 2 per?

Thanks for all you do tho, cant wait to catch ya in Denver my dude!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Hey Junior, I have this rash that's been developing on my upper arm the last few days.. Reckon you could maybe prescribe me some kind of lotion or something?
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I'll pick up some special TOOL lotion for that rash at the show tonight Busty... I got you covered bro! 😎🏆👍
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:47 pm Hey Junior, I have this rash that's been developing on my upper arm the last few days.. Reckon you could maybe prescribe me some kind of lotion or something?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

mattw wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:38 pm I'll pick up some special TOOL lotion for that rash at the show tonight Busty... I got you covered bro! 😎🏆👍
Nice, enjoy the show man.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

you wear Evian skin cream!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

turkeypilgrim wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 am Hey dude, I know this isnt your bag or jam, but I gotta ask, anyone you could poke for the merch sales to limit poster sales to 2 per?

Thanks for all you do tho, cant wait to catch ya in Denver my dude!
Yeah. Not my lane.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

What happened in Pushit tonight Junior?

I've never seen that happen before; music just cut out like 3 minutes into the song!

Glad the whole band could make a 'comeback' soon after though... people were starting to get nervous that the whole show might have to be cancelled. Some of us lighthearted folks starting suggesting the band should have pulled out the full acoustic set and done TOOL 'Unplugged' if none of the venue audio was available. That would have been an interesting experience... 😬

Idaho TOOL fans + Beer available + Sound malfunction + Original delay of the March 2020 show = angry mob making a mess in the carpark outside?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

mattw wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:08 am What happened in Pushit tonight Junior?

I've never seen that happen before; music just cut out like 3 minutes into the song!
Don't quote me on this but Junior is known to be a bit of a klutz on tour.

Instead of focusing on his switches during his set he is known to to 'dance' around inside his box, although I've been told its more of a jig than a dance, kicking his feet around and so forth.

So what probably happened, during one of his jigs (which he has been warned about before) he's kicked out an important cable cutting out the audio.

I may be wrong, just passing on what I've been told.
Canned audience laughter
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

mattw wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:08 am What happened in Pushit tonight Junior?

Glad the whole band could make a 'comeback' soon after though... people were starting to get nervous that the whole show might have to be cancelled. Some of us lighthearted folks starting suggesting the band should have pulled out the full acoustic set and done TOOL 'Unplugged' if none of the venue audio was available. That would have been an interesting experience... 😬

Idaho TOOL fans + Beer available + Sound malfunction + Original delay of the March 2020 show = angry mob making a mess in the carpark outside?
Our sound, lights, and video systems each get tied in to their own separate venue-provided power.
All of the on-stage equipment (guitar and bass amps and racks, keyboards, electronic drums) get their power from the sound department, as does our PA system and sound board. The service that the sound was tied in to tripped. I don't know the specifics, but I heard someone speculate that the big handle on the (200A?)3phase box that is used to engage the fuses might not have been fully locked into the "on" position, and vibration caused it to fall into the "off" position. When these electronics lose power suddenly, the techs have to go around and turn all of the amps off so that they don't all come back on in a surge when the power gets restored, and then turn them all back on properly. If not done systematically, you'd likely hear some loud pops come out of the PA and they'd maybe even blow a few speakers. So it took a while.
Without a PA there was no way to announce what was going on. So we all just had to wait.

Short story: the sound department power went out.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Well that sounds like a lot of fun. Hope it doesn’t happen often…
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Things happen! glad it worked out. i think its really neat how much goes into a show like that. the size of the cables going to the stacks and everything thats beyond what i know. its pretty interesting and awesome how something like that is put together every night etc etc.