Re: General Tour Discussion Thread

Post by petemasterpete »

^that, sir, is one fine avatar
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

ClarityUnity wrote:Arches National Park (Moab) Utah is, by far, one of the most spectacular, mesmerizing places in the U.S.

Possibly...........................................................the whole universe, including every single parallel dimension and/or plane of existence.
That part of Utah is very beautiful. Makes you appreciate the finer things on this planet. We get caught up In all the bullshit we tend to forget true beauty. There are similar spots in Western Australia that have made me feel the same way. In a way I feel like I moved to a spot where I should be, at least for this brief moment in my life. I think this calls for a day of rock climbing. Cheers dude
ClarityUnity
Maynard Believer

Post by ClarityUnity »

petemasterpete wrote:^that, sir, is one fine avatar
Why thank you good sir. Bob Ross is legendary.

BlackHole83 wrote:That part of Utah is very beautiful. Makes you appreciate the finer things on this planet. We get caught up In all the bullshit we tend to forget true beauty. There are similar spots in Western Australia that have made me feel the same way. In a way I feel like I moved to a spot where I should be, at least for this brief moment in my life. I think this calls for a day of rock climbing. Cheers dude
Right on! You speak the truth.

I definitely choose to check out Australia one of these days, I've always wanted to. Some of the pics I've seen are incredible. There's also this spot in New Zealand I've heard a lot about called the Milford Track. Looks unbelievable. Cheers!
This is gonna be cool, heh heh heh.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

@Clarity, you need an avatar where his afro lights up lilke HB's beard avatar. that would be EPIC. lol
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
thedarkdescent
Maynard Believer

Post by thedarkdescent »

hey how about threads for the more recently announced shows, specifically San DIego, since thats the one Im going to :).

Id do it myself but apparently I havent earned the privilege yet. Thank ya!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

From what I've been reading on Toolnavy, it sounds like emails are going out to VIP ticket holders advising them of further details of the shows:
For your scheduling, the Q&A, meet & greet & sound check access will take place before the show. At this time we do not have the exact time of check-in, but please make yourself available at least six hours prior to the door time. Reminder that all VIP guests must be present and arrive on time for check-in. Late arrivals will not be allowed entry to VIP event.

We will email you 4-7 days before the show with information regarding the check-in procedure, arrival time, and additional details.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

wonder how the seating is arranged for the vip, if its first come first serve or if seating is divied up already? as I've ranted enough times on here, had to buy 2 separate passes on the TA presale, where I shouldv'e just held out for the TB sale to have 1 transaction for the two seats. So I've been emailing TB each week since with no response.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:From what I've been reading on Toolnavy, it sounds like emails are going out to VIP ticket holders advising them of further details of the shows:
For your scheduling, the Q&A, meet & greet & sound check access will take place before the show. At this time we do not have the exact time of check-in, but please make yourself available at least six hours prior to the door time. Reminder that all VIP guests must be present and arrive on time for check-in. Late arrivals will not be allowed entry to VIP event.

We will email you 4-7 days before the show with information regarding the check-in procedure, arrival time, and additional details.
Yeah, got mine this morning. That's verbatim. They also ask you to confirm the name of the person picking up the tickets. So I guess that's your chance to transfer to someone else if you need to.
We also need to verify the name of the person who will be responsible for picking up the tickets at the check-in location on the day of the show. Tickets are non-refundable. PICTURE IDENTIFICATION OR PASSPORT & RECEIPT OF PURCHASE WILL BE REQUIRED TO PICK UP PACKAGES.

Name of Person Attending/Picking Up Package:
Ki77aan :twisted:
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

looks like they removed the VIP passes that were still being offered in TA now
zander
Bronco's Fan

Post by zander »

azbay wrote:wonder how the seating is arranged for the vip, if its first come first serve or if seating is divied up already? as I've ranted enough times on here, had to buy 2 separate passes on the TA presale, where I shouldv'e just held out for the TB sale to have 1 transaction for the two seats. So I've been emailing TB each week since with no response.
I also had to do this with Houston VIP, I'm just glad I got another one. Have you tried asking when replying to the VIP confirmation email? Or just sending one to vip@toolband.com? I sent emails both ways. I'm interested to find out so if you hear something please let me know and I'll do the same.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

zander wrote:
azbay wrote:wonder how the seating is arranged for the vip, if its first come first serve or if seating is divied up already? as I've ranted enough times on here, had to buy 2 separate passes on the TA presale, where I shouldv'e just held out for the TB sale to have 1 transaction for the two seats. So I've been emailing TB each week since with no response.
I also had to do this with Houston VIP, I'm just glad I got another one. Have you tried asking when replying to the VIP confirmation email? Or just sending one to vip@toolband.com? I sent emails both ways. I'm interested to find out so if you hear something please let me know and I'll do the same.
just got my notification email today, one email detailing that i have 2 tickets so hoping that is a good sign tickets/seats are together, but yeah I'll post any news i get on the issue
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

email reply I received "As long as you check-in together, you will likely sit next to each other. Thanks!", Awesome!
MAGNUS
My pain is just an excuse

General Tour Discussion Thread

Post by MAGNUS »

I managed to buy two at once, after they released a handful of for the Houston show... I figured they would be together, but from that response, it kind of sounds like seats have not yet been determined. Will likely be based on first come (first to check in) first serve. Which is good if you can get there early.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

MAGNUS wrote:I managed to buy two at once, after they released a handful of for the Houston show... I figured they would be together, but from that response, it kind of sounds like seats have not yet been determined. Will likely be based on first come (first to check in) first serve. Which is good if you can get there early.
That is what I was thinking as well, or they finally got tired of me emailing them each week and pretty much told me to chill haha
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'd say it's likely they just have a bunch of tickets in an envelope and then just hand them out as people collect them at the box office. They're probably all in the same section.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

makes you think what happens to the seats that didn't get sold in that section for the vip? re-released to the public? It seemed on TB that the passes sold out for my show but were still available in TA before they closed them all out. I'm wondering if they really did sell all that were available to the public? and how many were there? When APC did the 3 shows here in Tempe they were offering a meet and greet as well, and the tickets that didn't get sold were re-released the week of, as general admission (was only floor standing venue)
Last edited by azbay on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:I'd say it's likely they just have a bunch of tickets in an envelope and then just hand them out as people collect them at the box office. They're probably all in the same section.
That's kind of surprising, but I wouldn't put it past them.

I am very curious to see how they handle this at Bill Graham in SF, where it's all GA. They may just do a second front-of-stage barrier, like a pit? Though I've never seen it done in dozens of shows at that venue.

By the way, Merch did reply to my question on the approx VIPs per night. They said about 100 per. Not very exclusive... If I knew that, and thought about it at all before pulling the trigger, I wouldn't have. Very impulsive of me... Still, it will be interesting.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Kittaan wrote:
hellboy wrote:I'd say it's likely they just have a bunch of tickets in an envelope and then just hand them out as people collect them at the box office. They're probably all in the same section.
That's kind of surprising, but I wouldn't put it past them.

I am very curious to see how they handle this at Bill Graham in SF, where it's all GA. They may just do a second front-of-stage barrier, like a pit? Though I've never seen it done in dozens of shows at that venue.

By the way, Merch did reply to my question on the approx VIPs per night. They said about 100 per. Not very exclusive... If I thought about it at all before pulling the trigger, I wouldn't have. Very impulsive of me... Still, it will be interesting.
I'm pretty excited being that close without having to fight off some meathead to stay in my spot (especailly since my woman is going too), 100 people is quite the difference to the what was it like 20-30 in Australia?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Australian's are a bunch of tight arses.
MAGNUS
My pain is just an excuse

Post by MAGNUS »

Kittaan wrote:
By the way, Merch did reply to my question on the approx VIPs per night. They said about 100 per. Not very exclusive... If I knew that, and thought about it at all before pulling the trigger, I wouldn't have. Very impulsive of me... Still, it will be interesting.
That's quite a bit more than I imagined. I remember the APC VIP in Dallas was roughly 30 (maybe 40 tops) and that was a lot.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Failure confirmed on FB.

Our good friends Failure will join us for the upcoming U.S. dates between Reno and and Phoenix. This marks the first time TOOL and Failure will tour together since 1996. MJK said: “I was already excited to play with Failure at my 50th birthday party in May, with Puscifer and A Perfect Circle. Now I get to do a few more shows with them. Best birthday ever."
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Personally I am disappointed with that news.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It's whatevs to me I don't ever expect much from openers anyway.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:It's whatevs to me I don't ever expect much from openers anyway.
I was hoping for the "An Evening With Tool" deal. Otherwise, totally agree. Although Intronaut was quite enjoyable in Reno.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Kittaan wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:It's whatevs to me I don't ever expect much from openers anyway.
I was hoping for the "An Evening With Tool" deal. Otherwise, totally agree. Although Intronaut was quite enjoyable in Reno.
looks like i might get the "evening with Tool" in Eugene on March 7