What are you watching? Film/TV

Movies, TV and other video based media
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Surprisingly?

The Mission: Impossible series is one of the few movie series that actually gets better with each sequel.
the third one JJ Abrams did was great, Ghost Protocol was awesome, so the new one was actually better than that one? sick!! I like the bunny picture btw.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: The Mission: Impossible series is one of the few movie series that actually gets better with each sequel.
I can't agree with that, the first one was the best of all them I've seen. I remember M:I2 being quite shit and M:I3 not that much better. Ghost Protocol was quite good though.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

I know I've seen all of the prior Mission Impossible movies, but I couldn't tell you anything about their plots. The best I could do is recall certain scenes & action sequences. I thought this one was quite memorable though, that's what was so surprising to me.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

^ I guess I gotta check it out then. Tom Cruise is a nutjob but he can still act. Still though I do hope this is it. I get tired of every movie having to do fifteen fucking sequels. A really good movie should be good enough to stand up on it's own. I know it is easier for the studios to keep going to the well as it is easy money. I get it. I just want to see more chances being taken.

Best movie I have seen recently is Gone Girl. Never got around to seeing it in the theater. Fuck was that movie superbly written, acted, and directed. Oh and Rosamund Pike is a fantastic actress and hot as fuck.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Rosamund Pike is a fantastic actress and hot as fuck.
True. But I can't really look at her the same way after that movie. It will likely pass.
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:^ I guess I gotta check it out then. Tom Cruise is a nutjob but he can still act. Still though I do hope this is it. I get tired of every movie having to do fifteen fucking sequels. A really good movie should be good enough to stand up on it's own. I know it is easier for the studios to keep going to the well as it is easy money. I get it. I just want to see more chances being taken.

Best movie I have seen recently is Gone Girl. Never got around to seeing it in the theater. Fuck was that movie superbly written, acted, and directed. Oh and Rosamund Pike is a fantastic actress and hot as fuck.

holy shit Mog is that really you?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Black Mirror is pretty great.
Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:^ I guess I gotta check it out then. Tom Cruise is a nutjob but he can still act. Still though I do hope this is it. I get tired of every movie having to do fifteen fucking sequels. A really good movie should be good enough to stand up on it's own. I know it is easier for the studios to keep going to the well as it is easy money. I get it. I just want to see more chances being taken.

Yep dude it is me. Was wondering why no one was saying hello! How you been?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:

Yep dude it is me. Was wondering why no one was saying hello! How you been?
doing really well actually, missed you on here man. welcome back.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
doing really well actually, missed you on here man. welcome back.
Thanks man nice to be back.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Mad Max: Fury Road

Dialogue was cringe worthy at times, not necessarily what they were saying but how they were saying it. Story was ok. The action was pretty top notch though. Once I got adjusted to the dialogue (it took a long long time) it's a pretty fun flick.

Don't necessarily agree with all the rave reviews I saw it get this summer but it's good. To be fair even as a kid I didn't like the Mad Max movies all that much so I just may not be a fan of this type of movie.

6.5/10
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ant-Man was a pleasant surprise, I thought when the director bolted and the script was re-written twice that this would either flop or get stuck in production hell. casting was excellent too, anytime you have Gyp Rosetti, Avon Barksdale and Ephraim Goodweather as complementary characters?! good choices all around. plus Evangeline Lilly is gorgeous, good actress as well, plus her action sequences were convincing. Scott's daughter kinda stole the show too, the kid had like 10 lines the whole movie and was adorable. should've watched it in IMAX, bad move by me.
► Show Spoiler
solid 7.0 out of 10 from me and my girl.

nice tune up for this movie as well, if you watch the mid and post-credit scenes....

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Rewatching Malcolm in the Middle on Netflix. I'm glad this show holds up. I loved it when I was younger. Probably one of the more underrated series of the '00s.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Blue Ruin is a good movie.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

^Will check it out. Thanks!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Just watched this. I don't remember it from it's 2014 release, and it didn't get great reviews. I found it interesting and worth a spin. I would definitely recommend going in blind as I just watched the trailer and it gives WAY too much away. It's criminal. I fucking hate movie trailers these days.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hey Uncle Matt, the Age Of Ultron got leaked. bout to peep it for a second time. nothing like IMAX 3D though and I still liked Guardians and Winter Soldier more.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Cool story bro.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote:Just watched this. I don't remember it from it's 2014 release, and it didn't get great reviews. I found it interesting and worth a spin. I would definitely recommend going in blind as I just watched the trailer and it gives WAY too much away. It's criminal. I fucking hate movie trailers these days.
Okay, I'm gonna check it out. I remember seeing the trailer for it a while ago and then read some mixed reviews so decided to skip it.

I've got 'Two Days, One Night' and 'Blue Ruin' in the queue, but I'll let you know once I've checked out 'I Origins.'
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:Cool story bro.
??
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Just watched this. I don't remember it from it's 2014 release, and it didn't get great reviews. I found it interesting and worth a spin. I would definitely recommend going in blind as I just watched the trailer and it gives WAY too much away. It's criminal. I fucking hate movie trailers these days.
Okay, I'm gonna check it out. I remember seeing the trailer for it a while ago and then read some mixed reviews so decided to skip it.

I've got 'Two Days, One Night' and 'Blue Ruin' in the queue, but I'll let you know once I've checked out 'I Origins.'
I can definitely understand the neg reviews, there are valid reasons. But I still thought it was worth a viewing. Interested to hear what you think.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Blue Ruin is a good movie.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Finally had a chance to watch it yesterday afternoon. The set up (first act) was great; unfortunately the rest of the movie didn't feel like it lived up to its potential. It reminded me of 'A Simple Plan' at times (which I really enjoyed), and felt a bit like a Davd Gordon Green film (which I think is a compliment).

Next up is 'Two Days, One Night' with Marion Cotillard. I'm a big fan of her films. If you've never seen 'Rust and Bone' I highly recommend it. Regarding, 'Rust and Bone' - Marion Cotilard is the co-star: the movie is really about Matthias Schoenaerts' character.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ravenpig wrote:Mad Max: Fury Road

Dialogue was cringe worthy at times, not necessarily what they were saying but how they were saying it. Story was ok. The action was pretty top notch though. Once I got adjusted to the dialogue (it took a long long time) it's a pretty fun flick.

Don't necessarily agree with all the rave reviews I saw it get this summer but it's good. To be fair even as a kid I didn't like the Mad Max movies all that much so I just may not be a fan of this type of movie.

6.5/10

Believe me, it's much, much less impressive on dvd. The obvious flaws and weakness become significantly more apparent on the small screen.

And it just doesn't ever feel like a Mad Max film.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It was just... Meh. The more I think of that movie the less I think of it.
Hey! Denty!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote:
nxrm wrote:
I can definitely understand the neg reviews, there are valid reasons. But I still thought it was worth a viewing. Interested to hear what you think.
I watched 'I Origins' last night and enjoyed it, despite i's flaws. I thought it had a lot of interesting ideas and handled them in creative ways, but felt the conclusion was a bit hollow. It was definitely thought-provoking and had a few welcome surprises that I wasn't expecting as well. It felt like it wanted to be a slightly longer movie at times, and I think it would have helped it breathe a bit more. I'm still not sure what it was trying to prove though, other than
► Show Spoiler
was real. The problem with that revelation is that it doesn't really solve anything in the movie, other than opening the minds of its fictional protagonists. I don't think it was effective in attempting to convince its viewers of the same, but it did succeeded in reminding me to keep an open mind regarding the possibility of something beyond my own perceptions/senses (that part I enjoyed).

Thanks for the recommendation. Much appreciated.

Next up is 'Forbidden Games' (1954): a bittersweet drama about the ravages of war on its youngest victims. I only recently heard about this one, and it's supposed to be quite good.
Last edited by nxrm on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.