Meshuggah

Music in all its forms and styles
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tampering with my posts huh?  Sounds like a bannable offence to me...
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said
Tampering with my posts huh?  Sounds like a bannable offence to me...

What?  I thought I replied in a PM!  Oh shit.
Ki77aan :twisted:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Hey I just noticed that both of your avatar's are bald.  Are you fellas trying to tell us something?

Some old school Meshuggah to brighten up everyone's day....Bang your head motherfucker

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tickets to the Lamb of God/Meshuggah shows are $80 + booking fees, which definitely puts it in the no go category for me.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

lol@Kitaan, you fucker..

talk about dense
also, Avatar!
Bobage
Maynard Believer

Post by Bobage »

hellboy1975 said
Tickets to the Lamb of God/Meshuggah shows are $80 + booking fees, which definitely puts it in the no go category for me.

Lamb of God is what should put it in the no go category.  Does the promoter WANT LoG's ineptitude to be exploited to such a degree??  Bram Stoker's Dracula comes to mind.  "Hey I know, let's cast Keannu opposite Gary Oldman just to show how bad he really is!"...
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Bobage said

hellboy1975 said

Lamb of God is what should put it in the no go category.  Does the promoter WANT LoG's ineptitude to be exploited to such a degree??  Bram Stoker's Dracula comes to mind.  "Hey I know, let's cast Keannu opposite Gary Oldman just to show how bad he really is!"...

or opposite Robert Downey Jr. and Woody Harrelson in "A Scanner Darkly".

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Re: LOG.  I would rather go see a log in concert.  And speaking of wooden...

Hopefully this hasn't been posted by Hellboy back in April:

http://listverse.com/2007/10/09/top-10-bad-male-actors/
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said
Re: LOG.  I would rather go see a log in concert.  And speaking of wooden...

Hopefully this hasn't been posted by Hellboy back in April:

http://listverse.com/2007/10/09/top-10-bad-male-actors/

Anyone who thinks Tom Cruise is a bad actor needs their head checked.

Jesus Fuck Me Sideways - I'm starting to strongly believe that this forum is making me stupider.

Or more stupid. Dunno.

SEE?!

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Tom Cruise is a lunatic and a bit of a creep. The Scientology stuff is A+ bonkers.

He is also a really fantastic actor. If you haven't seen Magnolia, maybe give that a spin and then come back and talk about how he sucks. And even when he does a shit movie, he's still a really strong presence and is, by all accounts, a total pro to work with.

edit: to stay on topic, yes, it would be really funny to watch LoG come up short in every way following Meshuggah. The crowd will probably thin out considerably by the end.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Tom Cruise is a fucking nut but he IS a good actor.

@Joey - Dude that would be a trip if peeps starting rolling out once Meshuggah finished their set.  Fuck I know I would.  LOG is so many levels of piss poor it is hard to properly quantify.

Happy Friday sluts

trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

While ill admit Meshuggah trumps them by far, LoG is comprised of talented metal musicians, and Randy has a unique, powerful vocal style. I honestly didn't expect all the lamb of god hate here lol
also, Avatar!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Dude that would be a trip if peeps starting rolling out once Meshuggah finished their set.  

wouldn't surprise me, except that regardless of their suck, they are a pretty big draw, metal music wise.  Similar happened here when fantomas opened for serge... place was fucking packed and then the set was over and mass exodus... maybe half the crowd stayed, and with good reason cuz that shit was atrocious apart from a bowie cover
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I like Meshuggah a bit.
SteveBobSteve
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Mogonaut said
Dude that would be a trip if peeps starting rolling out once Meshuggah finished their set. 

I'd at least give LOG 1 or 2 songs to convince me otherwise before leaving.  I'm not a big fan of their recorded work, but I wouldn't deny any band the opportunity to convince me otherwise if I was already in the venue.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if 25% of the crowd piss off immediately after Meshuggah.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I love Tomas Haake's drumming, he's a beastman. and his taste is women is very interesting. imagine what this wedding was like??

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Did he marry all four of those women?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Nah, just this bitch

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Personally, I would've gone for the brunette

Bobage
Maynard Believer

Post by Bobage »

hellboy1975 said

Mogonaut said

I'd at least give LOG 1 or 2 songs to convince me otherwise before leaving.  I'm not a big fan of their recorded work, but I wouldn't deny any band the opportunity to convince me otherwise if I was already in the venue.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if 25% of the crowd piss off immediately after Meshuggah.

I did that very thing when LoG was on a bill of other bands I wanted to see.  I stuck it out in the pit right up front for about 3 songs, at which time I could stomach no more of Randy's incessant Blything and juvenile meathead lyrics, to say nothing of his between song banter that I may have thought was cool when I was first getting into Judas Priest and Iron Maiden in the 80's and marvelling at my first pubes.  This band is such a fucking turn off.  As far as their talent goes, Chris Adler is an awesome player.  Beyond that, I have nothing nice to say about them.  There are approximately 375,256 better metal bands on the planet, not sure why anyone wastes their time with these pedestrian clowns. 
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Bobage said

hellboy1975 said

Mogonaut said

I did that very thing when LoG was on a bill of other bands I wanted to see.  I stuck it out in the pit right up front for about 3 songs, at which time I could stomach no more of Randy's incessant Blything and juvenile meathead lyrics, to say nothing of his between song banter that I may have thought was cool when I was first getting into Judas Priest and Iron Maiden in the 80's and marvelling at my first pubes.  This band is such a fucking turn off.  As far as their talent goes, Chris Adler is an awesome player.  Beyond that, I have nothing nice to say about them.  There are aprroximately 375,256 better metal bands on the planet, not sure why anyone wastes their time with these pedestrian clowns. 

I love you
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'd totally stick around as long as I could. I do that at any show once I'm there. But being familiar with LoG, I'd be out before the first song was over. ESPECIALLY after Meshuggah just steamrolled my aural and ocular cavities.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Logarythm.

[spoiler]Willie Adler: Rhythm Guitarist, Lamb of God[/spoiler]
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Log are pretty inoffensive, would be better if the singer had more range, but that'll take em even closer to Pantera v2.0
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
Log are pretty inoffensive, would be better if the singer had more range, but that'll take em even closer to Pantera v2.0

They'd sound much better if the singer rapped.

I SAID RAPPED.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.