Maynard speaks to Tonedeaf about Puscifer

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Holy run on sentences batman! I think whisp has something on his mind. Chill out brother, no need to get interweb-angry. We're all adults here, amiright?
SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

snazzlefrass said
Holy run on sentences batman! I think whisp has something on his mind. Chill out brother, no need to get interweb-angry. We're all adults here, amiright?

"children" obviously isn't.

Yep, gonna rest on my laurels with that one.

Because, you see, it worked on two levels.

Yeah.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

toolphishdhs said
Crow in the last two pages of this thread = hitting nail on head.

Cheers, dude. Just keep the "vitriol" to a minimum, k?

LOL.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Whisp said
"who’s throwing tantrums and hurling abuse?" - crow011

Ahhh you are? Seems that you're one of those pieces of shit who can't tell that they stink. Which is where Tool fans start to get their bad rep, and where we seem to have a problem. Considering you're talking about the band with such love as a crazy ex girlfriend talks about her ex boyfriend, like she knows all there is to know, but really she knows nothing at all, you must think you're some OG from '92 as you love to get angry and get off over the fact that that Tool hasn't released an album in nearly 7 years and you have no solid info on when they will. Take a step back buddy, take a chill pill, and chill the fuck out. Realise that we are all in the same boat and no amount of bitching about anything Tool related is not going to get you "your" album any faster. Stop referring to Maynard as 'Nard, like you're his number 1 groupy, it's fucking gay. Like you, you piece of shit.

Fuck it, I'm not coming up with much tonight with regard to my writing, and I'm just drunk enough to dissect this idiot.

We'll take it by sentences:

Really?

Oh, I'm very aware that I suck. At least I have the humility to admit it - and, the strength of character to admit when I'm wrong. I won't mention any names, but there's at least one person here who knows that I can suck it up and man-up, and admit when I'm wrong.

I'm what's wrong with TOOL fans? O . . . K . . . Have you had a good look around here?

Fuck me, dude, have you finished high school?! Regardless, yes, I like the band, and yes, I get pissed because they seem to be talking about the album like it's just around the corner. Which it isn't. And I'm an asshole for feeling frustrated. Right.

Let's do that together.

I don't really "bitch", per se. I make snide comments and laugh at how retarded TOOL fanbois are for defending every ridiculous word the members of the band say. Big difference.

I'm failing to see how a sarcastic and facetious term or name could have sexual orientation; but I was fourteen years old once, so I'll go with it.

I'm a gay piece of shit. Nailed it.

. . .

Thanks, dude. This has been fun. I'm one of the most disliked members of this community, and yet you just failed all over yourself.

For fuck's sake.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

crow011 said

Whisp said

Ahhh you are? Seems that you're one of those pieces of shit who can't tell that they stink. Which is where Tool fans start to get their bad rep, and where we seem to have a problem. Considering you're talking about the band with such love as a crazy ex girlfriend talks about her ex boyfriend, like she knows all there is to know, but really she knows nothing at all, you must think you're some OG from '92 as you love to get angry and get off over the fact that that Tool hasn't released an album in nearly 7 years and you have no solid info on when they will. Take a step back buddy, take a chill pill, and chill the fuck out. Realise that we are all in the same boat and no amount of bitching about anything Tool related is not going to get you "your" album any faster. Stop referring to Maynard as 'Nard, like you're his number 1 groupy, it's fucking gay. Like you, you piece of shit.

Fuck it, I'm not coming up with much tonight with regard to my writing, and I'm just drunk enough to dissect this idiot.

Really?

Oh, I'm very aware that I suck. At least I have the humility to admit it - and, the strength of character to admit when I'm wrong. I won't mention any names, but there's at least one person here who knows that I can suck it up and man-up, and admit when I'm wrong.

I'm what's wrong with TOOL fans? O . . . K . . . Have you had a good look around here?

Fuck me, dude, have you finished high school?! Regardless, yes, I like the band, and yes, I get pissed because they seem to be talking about the album like it's just around the corner. Which it isn't. And I'm an asshole for feeling frustrated. Right.

Let's do that together.

I don't really "bitch", per se. I make snide comments and laugh at how retarded TOOL fanbois are for defending every ridiculous word the members of the band say. Big difference.

I'm failing to see how a sarcastic and facetious term or name could have sexual orientation; but I was fourteen years old once, so I'll go with it.

. . .

Thanks, dude. This has been fun. I'm one of the most disliked members of this community, and yet you just failed all over yourself.

For fuck's sake.

He should at least respect you for your thoughtful response.

I think we can all agree there are too many "newcomers" spewing the same bullshit. It gets old, and is really frustrating for those that have to repeat themselves. Anyways, I can't wait until the album drops next week. Gonna be righteous! Fuck yeah TOOL!!!

SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

snazzlefrass said

crow011 said

Whisp said

Really?

Let's do that together.

. . .

For fuck's sake.

He should at least respect you for your thoughtful response.

I think we can all agree there are too many "newcomers" spewing the same bullshit. It gets old, and is really frustrating for those that have to repeat themselves. Anyways, I can't wait until the album drops next week. Gonna be righteous! Fuck yeah TOOL!!!

My biggest problem is being called "gay". Like that's an insult.

"Hurr hurr, derp. You do different things with your genitals than I do. Derp derp. I'm too fucking illiterate and stupid to come up with a better insult. Herp. "Gay" is a term that gives me amusement. HUUUURRPP. Anuses and penises and stuff. Herp derp de- fuck, I just somehow orgasmed purely based on how fucking inane I am."

Ah, to be fourteen again.

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

Shit when I was fourteen I never acted like that. Either did anyone around me. When we "fought" it was well thought out. If arguments didn't work, a good ass-whooping was in order. That's how you gained respect. But, alas, the internets.
SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

snazzlefrass said
Shit when I was fourteen I never acted like that. Either did anyone around me. When we "fought" it was well thought out. If arguments didn't work, a good ass-whooping was in order. That's how you gained respect. But, alas, the internets.

The internet has seriously fucked things up, hasn't it.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

snazzlefrass said

What was your big "100th post", by the way, as per the discussion in synch the other day?

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

crow011 said

snazzlefrass said

What was your big "100th post", by the way, as per the discussion in synch the other day?

Fuck I forgot about that. Shit! Probably something along the lines of telling bitches to suck it. No regrets.

SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

snazzlefrass said

crow011 said

snazzlefrass said

Fuck I forgot about that. Shit! Probably something along the lines of telling bitches to suck it. No regrets.

Onwards and upwards.

If it's any consolation (and it should be) - children looks like he's here to stay.

200!

DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

I'd love if Tool had a new website, a live album, 10KD on vinyl, a new album, and a little more interaction with their community of fans, since they lucked out with probably the most dedicated idiots on the planet.

These are all things i would prefer, but i have no control over that. I get pissed off with how they operate, like anyone else.

It's annoying to see some talentless loser say Maynard is "tone deaf" on BR. That's just ignorance. It's also boring to bash 10,000 Days, because it just tells me that whoever says that album is not high quality is incapable of adapting and growing with the band, or understand how a band like Tool has to change to stay relevant. I can listen to so many aspects of that album and hear shit that no other band could pull off. If it's not your bag, whatever. But to continually shit on it is uncreative and predictable at this point.

Who the fuck wants Lateralus 2? Probably Crow. I don't. I already have Lateralus, and its amazing. But in a different MOOD, i prefer 10,000 Days. On another day, i may prefer Undertow. That is the beauty of good bands. They can have material that spans all sorts of sonic landscapes and moods, but the chemistry is still there.

Pink Floyd was like that. Even during the 70's being influenced by fucking disco, they managed to lay the hammer down on everyone with music that is STILL ahead of its time. (Animals).

So, when you listen to music, and let your ego get in the way, trying to "fix" it with what YOU would prefer or do, you're just fucking yourself over. It's hard for non-musicians to comprehend how hard it is to be inspired and write new music after 20 years, but no matter the art form, it only gets harder to be relevant and great. Just look at movie directors, authors, ect. Look at actors! Robert Deniro is a fucking BORE in movies these days. Age kills all.

So i think Tool is keenly aware of this reality, and they hopefully are taking care in making sure they can deliver something that will stand the test of time like all their other works.

You don't have to hate something to love something else.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

DRURY said
I'd love if Tool had a new website, a live album, 10KD on vinyl, a new album, and a little more interaction with their community of fans, since they lucked out with probably the most dedicated idiots on the planet.

These are all things i would prefer, but i have no control over that. I get pissed off with how they operate, like anyone else.

It's annoying to see some talentless loser say Maynard is "tone deaf" on BR. That's just ignorance. It's also boring to bash 10,000 Days, because it just tells me that whoever says that album is not high quality is incapable of adapting and growing with the band, or understand how a band like Tool has to change to stay relevant. I can listen to so many aspects of that album and hear shit that no other band could pull off. If it's not your bag, whatever. But to continually shit on it is uncreative and predictable at this point.

Who the fuck wants Lateralus 2? Probably Crow. I don't. I already have Lateralus, and its amazing. But in a different MOOD, i prefer 10,000 Days. On another day, i may prefer Undertow. That is the beauty of good bands. They can have material that spans all sorts of sonic landscapes and moods, but the chemistry is still there.

Pink Floyd was like that. Even during the 70's being influenced by fucking disco, they managed to lay the hammer down on everyone with music that is STILL ahead of its time. (Animals).

So, when you listen to music, and let your ego get in the way, trying to "fix" it with what YOU would prefer or do, you're just fucking yourself over. It's hard for non-musicians to comprehend how hard it is to be inspired and write new music after 20 years, but no matter the art form, it only gets harder to be relevant and great. Just look at movie directors, authors, ect. Look at actors! Robert Deniro is a fucking BORE in movies these days. Age kills all.

So i think Tool is keenly aware of this reality, and they hopefully are taking care in making sure they can deliver something that will stand the test of time like all their other works.

You don't have to hate something to love something else.

This was a well-thought out and considerate post. Much respect.

Now, to it.

'Nard was "tone deaf" (loosely, people, fuck) because he was. It was a lifeless, terrible, terrible, cover, because it was. What people don't understand is that a lot of us have been here on the ground level. To see the concept of PUSCIFER doing shit like this is pretty terrible. Terrible. Like I may have mentioned.

As to the second bolded sentence: Well, yeah. But we got that with "10,000 CRIES AND BITCHES". Really listen to the albums back to back. I'll wait.

. . .

You see? We got "LATERALUS", but lame, because they were out of ideas. And yet a lot of the fanbois here will say it's the greatest thing ever.

Yep, we both have "LATERALUS". And it's awesome. But many of us are wanting and expecting an album AT THAT LEVEL because we adore the band so much. And they're capable of it.

We're on the same page, if you think about it.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

These long posts are fucked. I think what people are doing here, when they say he was tone deaf, is taking in mind what he has done. Putting his previous efforts in perspective, the Bohemian Rhapsody cover does seem a tad tone deaf. Not the tone deaf version that children so humbly showed us with that video, but tone deaf with respect to his previous works.

At least that's what I get out of the "tone deaf" arguments.

Hey, that's my opinion. If y'all want to take it out of perspective and think I'm egging you on, more power to you. Go fuck a landmine.

SteveBobSteve
insertcrypticnameher
Bronco's Fan

Post by insertcrypticnameher »

crow011 said

Now, to it.

'Nard was "tone deaf" (loosely, people, fuck) because he was. It was a lifeless, terrible, terrible, cover, because it was. What people don't understand is that a lot of us have been here on the ground level. To see the concept of PUSCIFER doing shit like this is pretty terrible. Terrible. Like I may have mentioned.

As to the second bolded sentence: Well, yeah. But we got that with "10,000 CRIES AND BITCHES". Really listen to the albums back to back. I'll wait.

. . .

You see? We got "LATERALUS", but lame, because they were out of ideas. And yet a lot of the fanbois here will say it's the greatest thing ever.

Yep, we both have "LATERALUS". And it's awesome. But many of us are wanting and expecting an album AT THAT LEVEL because we adore the band so much. And they're capable of it.

When you shit on 10K days are you saying it's bad in general or bad by Tool's standards? And when you say it's bad by Tool's standards are you saying that it's disappointing because they could have done better or that it's inexcusable because they didn't put in effort?

I think when you critique something these are important distinctions to make no? It's like the difference between Roger Ebert and Perez Hilton. Or some intelligent Tool fan and Mog.

Also saying you got in on Puscifer "at the ground level" and then saying it's against the concept to put out something that they clearly did for fun is completely lol. 

Personally I find your posts kind of trollish when your entire stance on music is some binary iteration of "it's shit" or "it's amazing." 
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

crow011 said

snazzlefrass said

crow011 said

snazzlefrass said

Onwards and upwards.

If it's any consolation (and it should be) - children looks like he's here to stay.

200!

I'm still trying to cope with that massive disappointment of learning he was a dude. I'll get over it.

SteveBobSteve
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

can crow and snazzlefrass quit jerking eachother off; you're turning me on
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

Fuck that. I aim to please.
SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

insertcrypticnameher said

crow011 said

Now, to it.

. . .

When you shit on 10K days are you saying it's bad in general or bad by Tool's standards? And when you say it's bad by Tool's standards are you saying that it's disappointing because they could have done better or that it's inexcusable because they didn't put in effort?

I think when you critique something these are important distinctions to make no? It's like the difference between Roger Ebert and Perez Hilton. Or some intelligent Tool fan and Mog.

Also saying you got in on Puscifer "at the ground level" and then saying it's against the concept to put out something that they clearly did for fun is completely lol. 

Personally I find your posts kind of trollish when your entire stance on music is some binary iteration of "it's shit" or "it's amazing." 

Thanks for fucking up my 666, asshole.

I'm saying it's bad for them. Very obviously. They could've done much better. Obviously.

As to the bolded: Are you functionally retarded? People like me dislike that EP because it fucking sucks. Yeah, I've heard better from the "concept", and that's why that EP was worse than "EMOTIVE".

Jesus Fucking Christ, you fucking fanbois spring out of nowhere.

And if you really find my posts that banal, then I have two suggestions: either really look at what I'm writing, or fuck off.

Someone earlier accused me of being everything that's wrong with TOOL fans. I SO disagree when it comes to illiterate fucking idiots like you.

I'm getting really fucking sick and tired of responding to people who can't even string a proper sentence together. From now on, I'll respond only to people who have obviously finished high school.

Go nuts with whatever poorly-conceived arguments you might have. I no longer give a fuck.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

children said
can crow and snazzlefrass quit jerking eachother off; you're turning me on

Just SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

no, you
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

children said
no, you

insertcrypticnameher
Bronco's Fan

Post by insertcrypticnameher »

crow011 said

insertcrypticnameher said

crow011 said

Now, to it.

. . .

Thanks for fucking up my 666, asshole.

I'm saying it's bad for them. Very obviously. They could've done much better. Obviously.

As to the bolded: Are you functionally retarded? People like me dislike that EP because it fucking sucks. Yeah, I've heard better from the "concept", and that's why that EP was worse than "EMOTIVE".

Jesus Fucking Christ, you fucking fanbois spring out of nowhere.

And if you really find my posts that banal, then I have two suggestions: either really look at what I'm writing, or fuck off.

Someone earlier accused me of being everything that's wrong with TOOL fans. I SO disagree when it comes to illiterate fucking idiots like you.

I'm getting really fucking sick and tired of responding to people who can't even string a proper sentence together. From now on, I'll respond only to people who have obviously finished high school.

Go nuts with whatever poorly-conceived arguments you might have. I no longer give a fuck.

There's simpler ways of affirming everything I posted than to throw a temper tantrum. "You're right" or "I'll do better" are two that immediately spring to mind.

I'd say I like 20% of Puscifer songs, can't stand Maynard's stances on many things or the way he comes off a lot of the time, think the entire Tool mystique and occult stuff is laughable and don't really care when they come out with a new album. If that makes me a "fanboy" then that probably says more about you than me. We get it, Tool isn't some infallible spiritual messiah tapping into the greatest muse ever like the youtube commenters you're wound up about think. If that encompasses your entire posting schtick then excuse me while I take a nap. 

But acting personally offended that Puscifer put out a "shitty" cover or EP is just sad and justifying it by saying that it's against the ethos of an indiscernable group of performance artists who have stated that they're basically just fucking around is even sadder.

Please don't be so mad. Take a deep breath and think of a more clever approach than "you're a dumbass who didn't graduate high school." Maybe even pm Tyson for advice. Thanks.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

I think the reason that certain people can't fully immerse themselves in 10,000 Days is because it points out the worst side of humanity. Some people are the living embodiment of all those negative elements and they can't stand to stare into the blackness of their soul. They scream and complain in a desperate attempt to console their egos and fuel their delusions