The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Ten Years, Shmen Years)

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

@the chill - finally you are seeing the light. shame it took you this long to realize your favorite band is a fraud

@the rest of you apologist fucks - news flash ..... Your favorite band is a fucking joke. A greatest hits version of itself. Pathetic, unprofessional, money grubbing lazy fucks. How many fucking Ornaments and Blankets is it going to take to make you see this pathetic piece of shit band for what they really are?

#StopSupportingShitBands
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I would say fraud is a little strong.

Is Valve a fraud because Half Life 3 isn't out yet?
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

MobileVortex wrote:I would say fraud is a little strong.

Is Valve a fraud because Half Life 3 isn't out yet?
Valve hasn't been working on Half Life 3 for 5 years. Valve is not selling Half Life 2 underwear and shower curtains and they certainly are not charging $500 bucks for VIP sessions for discussions with the dev team who developed Half Life 2.

Sorry that just doesn't cut it. Apologist nonsense. Tool is trash and you keep giving them money. That is called enabling. You are enabling their lack of professionalism. You Toolios keep throwing your wallet while they play the same songs you have heard thousands of times because you suffer from hero worship. You cannot fathom that your musical heroes are not the enlightened beings you have built them up to be. They are money grabbing narcissistic cunts who will look for any opportunity to pound you in the ass and make you pay for it. The whole time whispering in your ear about a new album. Teasing your buttholes with the occasional half blurred picture board or partially chopped recyled riff they call "new".

Oh you Toolios are a strange bunch. The lead singer calls you retards and you praise him for his wit and sarcasm. You sift thru Blair's bullshit mumbo jump looking for some new clue. Something that justifies this insane delay and lack of professionalism. You toss out weak sauce arguments about not being able to rush art and or point to the lawsuit as the source of the delay.

At the end of the day Tool has no pressure at all to deliver. They have no pressure to stay relevant when they have a ravenous fanbase with cash in hand ready to "spiral out" as if Tool is somehow the center of their pseduo-spiritual universe.

Tool is the worst of the worst. At least most shit bands out there are honest about their motivations. Tool has been at the same smoke and mirror act for over 20 years and you suckers are still dazed and confused.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Should we accept similar "weak sauce" arguments that claim they are fraudsters, while assuming that we spend money on blankets? I won't apologise for paying to see a band play live. Is your anti-hero sentiment any more valid than a pro-hero one?

Is it possible to like more than one band at a time? Your arguments only really make sense if that statement is true.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

This is just a band. Get over it.

And I realize what this thread is about, just voicing the obvious. I used to get bummed out by lack of progress, now I don't give a fuck.
Ki77aan :twisted:
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

At this point, I'm just enjoying the ride....a new Tool album is something that's constantly hovering in the back of my mind as a source of anticipation and excitement, and I know that when it finally does come out, it'll be my most listened-to thing for probably the next decade or more- I still listen to 10,000 Days on pretty much a daily basis. And especially considering this could very well be their last album, I'm not nearly as frustrated as I was during the waits between Aenima and Lateralus and Lateralus and 10,000 Days. I think my concept of time has changed a lot too now that I'm older - when I was in my teens and early 20s, I'd think about something that happened 5 years ago and it felt like a lifetime ago - I'll think about something now that happened 5 years ago and it feels like it was last week. I realize it's been 10 years, but in a lot of ways, it really doesn't even FEEL like it's been that long. Even waiting impatiently for their older albums to come out, there was no other feeling in the world of music like the anticipation of a new Tool record, so this time, I don't mind that much because it could very well be the last time I'll have that feeling of anticipation. I get more frustrated now by the lack of transparency and communication than by the lack of an actual product.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:Conversing with you on this forum feels like a long time.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

But we're not related, stupid.
Hey! Denty!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I've relatives who aren't into tool.

They just don't get it man..
also, Avatar!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

That's relativity, baby!

-George Costanza
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Tool is trash and you keep giving them money.

True. However I spend a lot more money on McDonalds than I do on Tool. A LOT more. And anyway......oh now I've lost my train of thought.

THE1TRUEMOG wrote: You are enabling their lack of professionalism.

Yeah, but they put on a good show and....let's face it.....it's better than paying 300 bucks a head to drink wine and eat food you can't even pronounce.

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:They are money grabbing narcissistic cunts who will look for any opportunity to pound you in the ass and make you pay for it.

That's not Tool - that's the Australian Labor Party.

:|

MOG, you are my favorite person on this site.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

To be fair, if Tool are money grabbing cunts, then they're doing a pretty lousy job of it. If money was the objective, I have no doubt we'd see a lot more stuff released than they currently do.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote: Valve hasn't been working on Half Life 3 for 5 years. Valve is not selling Half Life 2 underwear and shower curtains and they certainly are not charging $500 bucks for VIP sessions for discussions with the dev team who developed Half Life 2.
Valve has always said that Half Life 3 is a Work in Progress, neither confirming or denying anything about it. They still sell plenty of shirts and other random half-life swag. Have you ever heard of Steam Dev Days?

Again i still don't see how any of this can be considered fraud.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

@Mobile - You are taking far too LITERAL a translation. I said Tool is a fraud. I didn't say Tool have committed fraud. In this case fraud being an insult, akin to calling them FAKE or PHONY or FULL OF SHIT. Essentially calling them a bunch of fucking lying cunts. As for Half Life 3, again a massive stretch. Valve haven't come out and said numerous times that they are actively working on Half Life 3. Tool have said for damn near four years (five?) that they are working on a new album. They have sold VIP sessions for absurd amounts of money only to lie directly to their fans face about their bullshit process regarding the new album. In five years what have you gotten? A recycled riff/jam tossed into the setlist to keep your dicks hard and your hope alive while they pass along the collection bowl.

@Kittaan - It is a music website forum on the fucking internet. Get over it. The old man taking the high ground act is slightly endearing but mostly boring. To assume no debate or argument will occur on a music/fan website (anti-fan :ugeek:)...is idiotic.

@Hellboy - Tool are doing a fantastic job of being money grubbing cunts. They tour at leisure once or twice a year and make a killing in the process. They sell a shit ton of merch and then sell a shit ton of other bullshit merch thru their bullshit website. They have become exactly what they said they didn't want to be...a greatest hits version of themselves. And you know why that is? Because they can. They feel no pressure to stay relevant because they have you all hook, line and sinker. They can sit around and pretend to write music once or twice a month, book tour dates and festivals that pay out of the ass and then throw out vague bullshit about working on an album when it is clear that there is no album anywhere on the horizon. Now they have launched a brand new Tool army so they can milk their fanbase even more while they do nothing.

@Cal - not sure where you are going to eat or what you are drinking but i sure as shit would spend $500 on a good meal/drink. Of course the difference being I wouldn't spend $500 bucks on the SAME meal and drink over and over again. I would get something NEW/DIFFERENT each time.

Delusional fucking Tool fans. At least a few of you have finally seen the light and realized your heroes are entirely full of shit.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:You are taking far too LITERAL a translation.
So you're a fraud too? Roger that...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote:To be fair, if Tool are money grabbing cunts, then they're doing a pretty lousy job of it. If money was the objective, I have no doubt we'd see a lot more stuff released than they currently do.
I still say they would've made a much bigger killing had they re-released Opiate with a new (but less fancy) package and one old song from the vault sold for like $25. Hell it could've been Maynard's Dick and it still would've banked more.

The blankets were absolutely ridiculously priced (and dumb)... But they made so few.

And the random Xmas crap? None of it was that expensive and if I remember correctly they were made in smaller numbers than the blankets.

It's so odd, sometimes I think they tell the merch guys to do this and keep the cash as a bonus or whatevs.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I always let my guys keep the earnings when they put my dick on a lighter.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote: It's so odd, sometimes I think they tell the merch guys to do this and keep the cash as a bonus or whatevs.
Yeah, they've made some really strange merch decisions.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I always let my guys keep the earnings when they put my dick on a lighter.
So you give them a bill?
Hey! Denty!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:They can sit around and pretend to write music once or twice a month, book tour dates and festivals that pay out of the ass and then throw out vague bullshit about working on an album when it is clear that there is no album anywhere on the horizon.

At this stage I would say that is probably closest to the truth. Don't be too surprised if NO album ever eventuates from what has become an ongoing farce of epic proportions.

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:@Cal - not sure where you are going to eat or what you are drinking but i sure as shit would spend $500 on a good meal/drink. Of course the difference being I wouldn't spend $500 bucks on the SAME meal and drink over and over again. I would get something NEW/DIFFERENT each time.

OH MY GOD!!! SOMEBODY ON THIS FORUM ACTUALLY ENGAGED ME IN CONVERSATION!!!!!!!!

:shock:
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

You guys seem pretty hung up on vague comments about a new album. What actual difference does that make to anything? I don't disagree with the statement, but do vague statements about their album have any meaningful impact on you? For guys who've "given up on Tool" you sure seem bent out of shape about it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:

Well, you don't seem to post a bunch of content that requires discussion these days. M0g is just reaching out for a brohug because you support his argument. He only has friends who are yes men.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

The whole self righteous mysterious thing worked well for them when they were in their prime and releasing music, but given their lack of output in recent years, comes across as obnoxious these days. Not their fault they're struggling to write a new album, but can easily see how people get the shits with them about the lack of transparency on offer.

I look forward to hopefully hearing a new album from them that excites me, but not gonna lose sleep if i don't & ya god damn right if they tour Aus, ill be on a flight down south to see em.. wont be coz of hero worshipping like ya say mog, but coz regardless of how many times I've heard them live, i still dig the fuck out of it & enjoy their music. Pretty sure the majority of folk who attend their shows probably feel the same way.
Listen to All Them Witches
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:

Well, you don't seem to post a bunch of content that requires discussion these days. M0g is just reaching out for a brohug because you support his argument. He only has friends who are yes men.
Not at all. If that were true you and I wouldn't be friends. We are on opposite sides on most discussions even when we aren't taking the piss but I still love you.

@ Cal - *BroHug*

@ Kittaan - Just watched that trailer for that Jimmy autobiography.....didn't think it was possible to hate that arrogant cunt anymore than I already do but I have indeed reached a new level of disdain. That motherfucker absolutely believes his own bullshit. I would rather take a 9 iron to the forehead than read that collection of nonsense. A hundred pages of Jimmy patting himself on that back with life lessons with Maynard sprinkled in. I think I am going to puke.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

That's cool m0g - I think we both know where we stand. We both enjoy taking the piss, and that's just fine.

I thought the book trailer was little cringeworthy, though I'm still very interested in the book. The book may turn out to be self serving, but it also has the potential to be one of the most interesting Tool related releases in the last 10 years. We'll see!