Baroness

Music in all its forms and styles
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Baroness

Post by M0G »

Hells yea Busty! Can't wait to hear more!
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeh man still sounds dry baroness to me. Keen as brus
Listen to All Them Witches
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Edit - Yeh man still sounds very baroness to me. Keen as brus

Fucking auto correct
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I'm a big Baroness fan, so I'm hyped for the new album, but I hope it's better than Purple because I thought that was kind of weak. I'm seeing them live next week!
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

gamebounty wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:51 pm I'm a big Baroness fan, so I'm hyped for the new album, but I hope it's better than Purple because I thought that was kind of weak. I'm seeing them live next week!
I actually really dug Purple. I do agree that it is their weakest album but given what happened with the crash and members leaving I thought Purple turned out alright. Enjoy the show!!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeh I never fell in love with purple. Its grown on me more with time but lacks some of the epicness of previous releases 'fugue and chlorine and wine'being exceptions. Still an enjoyable listen but hoping the next one steps up a bit.

But yeh I am a massive fan of the band. Would be my favourite metal band of the last 15 years.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Purple had the dimensions of a postcard.

Red, Blue, and Yellow & Green had these expansive productions that made great use of space. Purple compressed out all the unnecessary space and was less interesting for it. It was like going from a large TV to an iPad or cell phone.
Don't mow your lawn
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

'Borderlines'

[yt][/yt]
Deftones!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I managed to hold out for the studio release so hadn't watched above. Borderlines now out , new album out june 14. I dig the new tune but sounds like the album is going to have similar production issues as purple.

http://smarturl.it/baroness-goldandgrey
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I am fine with another Purple caliber level album. Yellow and Green was the artistic culmination of a group of musicians who had been playing together for years and were able to expand and experiment and make it work. Purple had two new members and this new one Baizley is the only original member. There just hasn't been enough time for these group of musicians to find their sound as a band to make a Yellow and Green kind of album. IF these four stick together maybe the next album could see more experimentation.

You really have to trust the people you are working with to be able to step out of your comfort zone and do something different. That kind of thing takes time and familiarity. If Purple level records are all this incarnation of Baroness is ultimately capable of I certainly won't be complaining. Purple level Baroness is still really damn good.

Looking forward to Gold and Grey. Plus I just checked out the track listing and there are 17 tracks. Maybe this will end up being a little more like Yellow and Green then we think.

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

From what I've read from John they've really branched out and tried new things on this album. That along with the 17 track album says there should be some experimentation , especially with Gina in the band now.

This is a cracking article I found the other day from a few years back. Really explains the overall situation they found themselves in post bus crash. Made me instantly care less about the production clipping of purple and what sounds like this new one will sound like too. Am most excited for this new release, really digging borderlines. Am a sucker for male / female harmonies in music too.

https://www.spin.com/featured/baroness- ... interview/
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Figured seeing as we have a thread for em was worth posting in here... much respect for their tour announcement in the States too. 30 shows in 36 days.. That is a mighty bloody impressive effort especially if ya factor in Johns injury issues

Two from two for me for songs on the new album.. digging the shit out of seasons too. The bass sounds like it's been brought back into the mix a bit more prominently again after it was a bit buried for purple which pleases me.

The way the song finishes abruptly , sounds to me like its gonna lead directly into an almost part 2 song

https://yourbaroness.com
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

[yt][/yt]
Deftones!
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

Deftones!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

earthrocker wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:00 am First Listen: Gold & Grey

http://www.metalsucks.net/2019/06/10/st ... right-now/
Shit yeah! Thanks bro.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

New album is out Friday fellas lets go! Don't have time to listen to the stream but will check it out later. Thanks man
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

On second listen now. As expected the production let's it down a bit but I'm really digging the album on second listen. Alot of melodic softer style songs and for the most part they're all pretty short , but really looking forward to getting a proper album to let it flow as an album on repeated listens.

Is almost a hybrid of purple meets yellow & green Which is just fine by me. Johns melancholy is an absolute standout once again and gina adds a great extra dimension to their sound.
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:29 am On second listen now. As expected the production let's it down a bit but I'm really digging the album on second listen. Alot of melodic softer style songs and for the most part they're all pretty short , but really looking forward to getting a proper album to let it flow as an album on repeated listens.

Is almost a hybrid of purple meets yellow & green Which is just fine by me. Johns melancholy is an absolute standout once again and gina adds a great extra dimension to their sound.
I agree mate...the softer style suits them. Listened to first 3 tracks so far really liking it...
Deftones!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:29 am On second listen now. As expected the production let's it down a bit but I'm really digging the album on second listen. Alot of melodic softer style songs and for the most part they're all pretty short , but really looking forward to getting a proper album to let it flow as an album on repeated listens.

Really impressed with Gina she is a talented musician. This incarnation of Baroness might be the most technically proficient group as a whole. Nick (bass player) has a comprehensive background in Jazz. Sebastian with all those years with Trans Am has a really wide array of drumming styles and Gina can play guitar extremely well and her voice melds so perfectly with John.

As for the production I am fine with it I mean at least it is consistent with what we have come to expect from Baroness in terms of what the album sounds like. Keep in mind they have never had a ton of money to play around with so it's not like they could ever hire a really high end producer or get into the best studios or even have the best recording equipment to use.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah exactly mate. As I said a few pages back , that article I put up really excused any production issues for mine , seeing all the issues they've had as a band to stay afloat.

Nick absolutely owns as a bass player on this album , seems he was given more free reign to shine on this album and just the album as a whole seems a very logical next step for them to take as a band.

@earthrocker if you only 3 songs in to the album, you'll see what I mean by mellow as the album flows. Plenty of slower mellow songs as the album flows.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Definitely liking this new album better than their last. Seasons is awesome!
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Very disappointed nothing to do with the mix the song writing is dull and uninspired. There are a few good songs but this is far and away the worst Baroness album to date. I expected much more from this group of musicians they are all accomplished and very talented but again the album falls flat. It isn’t the softer tones or textures I am fine with that but the songs are mostly forgettable.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Sucks to be you mate.

I hear a band pouring their hearts out on this album so very much dig the shit out of it.
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

Deftones!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Oh how I wish the new Baroness album had been good. I was rooting for them. John has been thru so much. It isn’t an awful album but it is many notches below everything that has proceeded it. That said they are still fantastic live and still I band I am very much a FAN of and one I will continue to actively support. They work hard, respect and appreciate their fans and barely make enough to keep going. They get a pass on this album. They tried something that just didn’t quite come together. I hope they have another album in them.