Opiate reissue to be signed?

unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

Seems a little strange not to have Paul's signature, though I guess this is a celebration of Tool's longevity, which includes Justin at the helm.

I wonder when Maynard got the chance to add his signature. I hope that other forms of collaboration were happening at the time.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I'd say it will be 75-100 for signed copies and about 35 for standard issue. Hoping to get the signed copy for sure. Still interested to hear all the details about this release.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

all copies signed

go taff!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Maybe they'll use some of the money to fix their ratchet website.
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

i cannot wait to get my hands on a copy
go taff!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

budsyralli said
i cannot wait to get my hands on a copy

Much better you than Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Ki77aan :twisted:
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

How much was the signed Salival?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

Hotdog said
Is that pic Dan posted from twitter?

I don't know that Danny has a twitter account (if so please advise).  It came from Rynne's Instagram page.

Well there's this one.  It's weird and almost never used which makes me think it might be real.  No info has ever come from it though.

Don't mow your lawn
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

@drunkonarrival from instagram posted this as a response to Adam's Instagram post... "My boy @ickertorres would love to be the proud owner of one of those, to go with his MJK wine."

The reason I'm posting this is because I'd like to see how we respond to that retarded posting as a group. These are what the people (morons) that aren't registered with this site act and think like... If you have instagram you should read some of the rest of the comments... One pertained to something along the lines of getting an unsigned copy from itunes... :-O

There are some people out there that are completely clueless. Just an attempt to get us all to see that we're kind of on the same side here... We're the ones that check for new info almost every day and take the time to interact with people that enjoy something as much as we do.

That is all...
-Z
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Zwerewolf said

There are some people out there that are completely clueless. Just an attempt to get us all to see that we're kind of on the same side here... We're the ones that check for new info almost every day and take the time to interact with people that enjoy something as much as we do.

That is all...
-Z

Don't be a hypocrite.
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

signed salival was 130 or 200  thought 200 price had doodle by adam  correct me if im wrong

go taff!
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

its authentic...a collectors piece...i wouldnt sell my signed pieces as i am a collector
go taff!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

toolphishdhs said
serious question. What value do you all see in the signatures? I guess i just wonder what makes everyone go nuts because the band who's music you like signed something? im not trying to troll but rather am genuinely interested. i dont hold any value in sigs and am not looking to give anyone shit over it. (and will not give shit for responses) i just do not understand why something doubles or triples in value because they wrote on it with sharpies? 

lets have a legit discussion people. no name calling, either. 

It's not a set market that's for sure.  

btw i see you lurking eric

if we're talking autographs, we all know there's a huge market for it but it really is left to the wind

in ways as far value.  How rare one is, authenticity, etc. .. all factor into a value...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

the signatures, and their going rates, are strictly determined by the collector's personal value of the item. There really is no hard-lined determining factor I'm aware of for such things, except for maybe precedents set in the collectors market.

In recent times, the more and more often they sign these things, limited number of items as they say or not, the less rare their signatures become.  In theory, the signatures, even if only from a collector's standpoint, decrease in actual monetary value.  There's absolutely no guarantee that you 'should' be able to recoup the original 'market' price paid.  However, that's not to say you couldn't rake in a boat load of extra dough on resale... supply and demand + eye of the beholder can increase/decrease the price dramatically in this instance where there's really no RRP, rather previous precedents set buy onsellers and autograph hounds.  

In this case, being TOOL related, I'm banking on double to triple cost price on ebay immediately following the first batch release.

that's my two cents... either way, I'd likely not part with my signed vinyl (much more rare considering) unless I was in dire need of supporting my children in some fashion.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Sprout
Bronco's Fan

Post by Sprout »

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

toolphishdhs said
serious question. What value do you all see in the signatures? I guess i just wonder what makes everyone go nuts because the band who's music you like signed something? im not trying to troll but rather am genuinely interested. i dont hold any value in sigs and am not looking to give anyone shit over it. (and will not give shit for responses) i just do not understand why something doubles or triples in value because they wrote on it with sharpies? 

A number of reasons I can see how signatures can add a percieved value to things:

It's something the band has touched and felt as opposed to a piece churned out of a factory.
Signatures do add monetary value to an item, which if viewed as an investment make it worthwhile.
It distinguishes and otherwise "ordinary" item from the rest.

The value that the signature offers is really in the eye of the beholder.  That said I expect a lot of people to buy a copy as an investment of sorts.  Sure, they may have no intention of ever really selling it but it's nice to know that they have something sitting in their house that has increased in value should times really get tough.

Also, people love Tool.  I expect there are some that enjoy their work, and are happy to throw money at them to help them indulge their passion for dragging out albums.  I'm happy throwing out an extras $50 here and there to support the band financially (though I guess these days it's easy to argue they don't need it).

Personally, if it's under $100 I'll be buying a copy.  If it's over that amount, then I'll have to give it some thought.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

I agree with ya HB... pretty much the same rap minus the bullet points.  Although in this one

Signatures do add monetary value to an item, which if viewed as an investment make it worthwhile.

as with anything, the investment declines each time they sign one... 1, then 2, then 10, then all 5000, then someone starts faking some (prolly pretty difficult in this instance)... and eventually, they're really closer to your own value than any real return value
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
insertcrypticnameher
Bronco's Fan

Post by insertcrypticnameher »

so 1 in 5 is signed meaning you have to open it find out. Can't see them being more than $50.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

"Keep checking the bands facebook page for more details"

What in the fuck, they have a fucking website, jesus christ
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

insertcrypticnameher said
so 1 in 5 is signed meaning you have to open it find out. Can't see them being more than $50.

Someone failed both math and english

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

toolphishdhs said
im liking the responses. I understand the big theoretical "why" reasons for these price hikes. i am asking what makes you personally be more attracted to so things. HB i think came the closest with his answer that since the band touched it that is greater than a factory churned out piece. If it is not personalized, then, how do you make that distinction? so they signed it, but they have signed countless items throughout their career. 

what is YOUR personal price for signatures. i have 1 $35 poster. they have the same poster with sharpie on it. What price are you willing to pay?  it is, afterall, the exact same poster.  what is your price fourtheye. 

does anyone think that it makes them a bigger fan to pay more a signed item?

I didn't buy the regular unsigned one at the Dallas show last year and I regret it now.  I thought the poster was cool.

As for the bolded part, I doubt it.  People just like to have stuff they think is cool or worth it.  That's about it I'd say.
Hey! Denty!